Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

HaloWC 2018 Seattle Finals

OP DustyDogmondu

So going into this event I was a huge Splyce fan. I followed them since they were inconceivable back in St Louis in 2017. I have also been a Stellur fan for a while and was so happy to see him get on a team that is as good as he is. Their performance and plays during events across the entire season is just so consistent and amazing. I would also like to say that NV really showed some huge potential going up against TOX in that Bo7. Honestly was rooting for them, would have been awesome to see NV make it to Grand finals at worlds.
Who were you guys rooting for at worlds? Why?
What were some of your favorite moments from the event?
renegades vs envyus WAS AMAZING series
SGT Vane wrote:
renegades vs envyus WAS AMAZING series
yeah it was. I was rooting for NV but would have been awesome to see renegades take them down. Especially with how Neptune has been playing and APG was putting in work.
Overall, I was actually going for REC. I had been a huge NV fan mainly due to Snip3down, Mikwen, and Ola the previous season. When they split I went with REC because I had been following SD the longest and Mikwen since early MCC days. Ola I always loved but my personal playstyle is like SD. If REC didn't take it- I was going to go for TOX. I used to hate them but then followed them more closely and found it was mainly Lethul's bad attitude I didn't like. Frosty and R2 are insane- SB as well. If they didn't take it I was going for Ola, (NV) as he is one of the longest competing players in the game. I was super happy with NV's performance- I will admit, I would've liked to have seen how REC vs NV game 7 would have gone without the controller disconnect (I personally feel REC would have one) but regardless- one heck of a series. Also, the TOX vs NV was quite good as well. I was honestly sad to see Splyce win- not taking anything at all from those players- they clearly deserved the W. They are amazing. But as an older player , it would've been nice to see some of the old schoolers take the W. All around though, I can't be mad. Splyce is clearly the better team and put on a dominating performance.

The teams that made it to top four def belong there though- all of their performances are so far above. I will say Renegade was showing a lot of light and honestly I thought Elevate looked pretty good at times. Not to mention the EU team Infused. USA still stomps though. Maybe in a few years we'll get an EU team in top four.
Josleyn wrote:
Overall, I was actually going for REC. I had been a huge NV fan mainly due to Snip3down, Mikwen, and Ola the previous season. When they split I went with REC because I had been following SD the longest and Mikwen since early MCC days. Ola I always loved but my personal playstyle is like SD. If REC didn't take it- I was going to go for TOX. I used to hate them but then followed them more closely and found it was mainly Lethul's bad attitude I didn't like. Frosty and R2 are insane- SB as well. If they didn't take it I was going for Ola, (NV) as he is one of the longest competing players in the game. I was super happy with NV's performance- I will admit, I would've liked to have seen how REC vs NV game 7 would have gone without the controller disconnect (I personally feel REC would have one) but regardless- one heck of a series. Also, the TOX vs NV was quite good as well. I was honestly sad to see Splyce win- not taking anything at all from those players- they clearly deserved the W. They are amazing. But as an older player , it would've been nice to see some of the old schoolers take the W. All around though, I can't be mad. Splyce is clearly the better team and put on a dominating performance.

The teams that made it to top four def belong there though- all of their performances are so far above. I will say Renegade was showing a lot of light and honestly I thought Elevate looked pretty good at times. Not to mention the EU team Infused. USA still stomps though. Maybe in a few years we'll get an EU team in top four.
I think if we see some more open MLG events after worlds here in the near future, and if infused stick together I expect to see them break top 4 very soon. Honestly think that Neptune will be on a top 4 or top 2 team pretty scene as well.
Josleyn wrote:

I think if we see some more open MLG events after worlds here in the near future, and if infused stick together I expect to see them break top 4 very soon. Honestly think that Neptune will be on a top 4 or top 2 team pretty scene as well.
Agreed, 100%!!!
I was rooting for both EnVy and REC.

I just liked all the game sevens! They were mostly awesome- especially the EnVy v REC series.
D M4N8 wrote:
I was rooting for both EnVy and REC.

I just liked all the game sevens! They were mostly awesome- especially the EnVy v REC series.
Yeah there seemed to be a lack of game sevens and game fives between the top teams prior to Seattle Finals. But all the teams showed up and really didn't want to get eliminated, so glad we got to see such close matches between NV/REC and TOX/NV.