Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

HALOWC FFA, No Plasma Pistol please?

OP lFi3RY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I absolutely love this what we play at events being a playlist finally. However I was wondering if you guys could take a step further? You should know by now that the comp ffa community wants it to be pistol only and has wanted it this way since the beginning. Str8 Sick(A notorious pro player for his FFA skill since H2) even said at an event in an interview that he doesn't agree with power weapons and power ups in FFA. Most of us dont like these additions to FFA. Although i think the worst part about it is the noob combo on truth. The Plasma Pistol on truth i think is the worst part of the current FFA format. If that were gone i think people would be much happier with FFAs even with boltshot, carbine, br, os, and camo. The Plasma Pistol is one of the most powerful weapons in H5, its stronger than the combo in H2 because you can zoom in with it and crossmap somebody with it. It shouldn't be in Comp FFA or Comp in general really, but i think taking it out of FFA would be a better change, should ask the pros if should be taken out of 4s.
Well to be fair the noob combo is kind of risky as if the enemy shots you first then you are most likely screwed
Well to be fair the noob combo is kind of risky as if the enemy shots you first then you are most likely screwed
Not entirely true someone can shoot you twice and you still have time to blast him with the plasma and switch to a magnum and finish him
I love using the noob combo. Like Buck says "if it's stupid and it works, then it's not stupid".

Also I just love making people mad, so I say let it stay in the map loadouts.
Yes, a fair consideration for regular playlist play, but this is the context of tournament play which has no kill limit and is meant to find the best player in a limited number of games.

This means that the strength of the plasma pistol lies not in its potential within a single battle, but rather its potential within an entire match where the kill count goes much higher.
In that respect, it's not a matter of potentially winning 1 extra kill, it's the potential of chaining together a series of kills that would have otherwise been impossible.

And as you get closer to the finals, when the best players emerge, most of them will know how abuse this potential to its fullest, so just 1 lucky spawn on top of the plasma pistol can make a significant contribution to the scoreline and overall momentum of the game.

This is much different from something like the OS, which is a more passive power-up that will only last you 2 or 3 extra kills at most, while drawing attention & fire to yourself along the way. It's more consistent, but it has its limits.
The plasma pistol, on the other hand, is much less consistent, but far more potential -- and that potential is mainly dictated by the particular situation rather than anything hugely demanding of the user.

I actually like having some form of powerup, as well as many secondary rifles on the map, but the plasma pistol is just a bit too unpredictable for tournament settings, especially given the normal spawn locations & timer.
i agree ffa should be piston only
I think that the plasma pistol should only be allowed on maps with OS. Having it on truth makes no sense but if someone has OS then you always have a chance to make the fight fair again.
Very good
I would prefer no weapons on map. Maybe BR/ carbine. The playlists needs to have 8 players for the whole match
i agree ffa should be piston only
Then there would be no variety and it would be very boring as you have one option which is using the magnum
lFi3RY wrote:
I absolutely love this what we play at events being a playlist finally. However I was wondering if you guys could take a step further? You should know by now that the comp ffa community wants it to be pistol only and has wanted it this way since the beginning. Str8 Sick(A notorious pro player for his FFA skill since H2) even said at an event in an interview that he doesn't agree with power weapons and power ups in FFA. Most of us dont like these additions to FFA. Although i think the worst part about it is the noob combo on truth. The Plasma Pistol on truth i think is the worst part of the current FFA format. If that were gone i think people would be much happier with FFAs even with boltshot, carbine, br, os, and camo. The Plasma Pistol is one of the most powerful weapons in H5, its stronger than the combo in H2 because you can zoom in with it and crossmap somebody with it. It shouldn't be in Comp FFA or Comp in general really, but i think taking it out of FFA would be a better change, should ask the pros if should be taken out of 4s.
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of the community. It actually takes skill having these power-ups on the map- imo.
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of the community. It actually takes skill having these power-ups on the map- imo.
it doesnt, just takes luck lol
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
So keeping the Spawn times in the back of your head while playing the game- knowing when to give up the power-up- when bait the power-up- and how to use the power-up doesn't take skill?

K.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
So keeping the Spawn times in the back of your head while playing the game- knowing when to give up the power-up- when bait the power-up- and how to use the power-up doesn't take skill?

K.
even a kid can do that lol
and it doesnt matter becouse 5 other players on the map want it as well, and the chances you grab it and stay alive are low, that if you arenot dead at the moment it spawns
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
and it doesnt matter becouse 5 other players on the map want it as well, and the chances you grab it and stay alive are low, that if you arenot dead at the moment it spawns
Not if you're skilled
If you grab that power-up and end up staying alive- then you deserve it and its advantages- whatever those may be
There's a reason I mentioned it takes skill to get that power-up. Like you said you also need to be alive in order to secure that power-up and staying alive to pick up that power-up during that crucial window is quite a feat.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
If you grab that power-up and end up staying alive- then you deserve it and its advantages- whatever those may be
There's a reason I mentioned it takes skill to get that power-up. Like you said you also need to be alive in order to secure that power-up and staying alive to pick up that power-up during that crucial window is quite a feat.
staying a live in ffa is not a skill since theres so much chaos and unfair situations like people respawing very close to you or 2 people shooting you at the same time adn etc
everything in this playlist takes skill. if you can dodge the plasma pistol then i don't see a problem. this playlist is perfect and doesnt need to be changed. the only problem is the quiters
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
staying a live in ffa is not a skill since theres so much chaos and unfair situations like people respawing very close to you or 2 people shooting you at the same time adn etc
You must die a lot then or must have no map awareness
It's all about positioning in FFA and knowing spawns
You also have to know when to challenge and when to let it go for some other time
Again- all which take skill- which I'm beginning to think you don't have.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
all of this sounds like a personal problem. staying alive is by fact a skill because it gains you ground against other players. its not chaos if you know who spawns where. again if you know where spawns are then that spawning close argument doesn't make sense because you didn't look out for someones spawn and died as a result. nothing in this playlist is unfair. the old settings were unfair (storm rifle and word are such examples)
lFi3RY wrote:
this really comes down to players getting killed by it and then complaining about it. this playlist needs variety even if its bare bones. there is a skill to timing the power ups and there is a skill to the noob combo and if you don't know how to dodge it then that sounds like a personal problem. in high level play even the best of the best don't stay with the noob combo long. the only thing i can agree with is putting it on regret instead to combat the over shield but again the weapon placement isn't the problem its the players problem not being able to adapt. this is coming from a champion player so ive seen my fair share to know that the noob combo is not an issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2