1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
I absolutely love this what we play at events being a playlist finally. However I was wondering if you guys could take a step further? You should know by now that the comp ffa community wants it to be pistol only and has wanted it this way since the beginning. Str8 Sick(A notorious pro player for his FFA skill since H2) even said at an event in an interview that he doesn't agree with power weapons and power ups in FFA. Most of us dont like these additions to FFA. Although i think the worst part about it is the noob combo on truth. The Plasma Pistol on truth i think is the worst part of the current FFA format. If that were gone i think people would be much happier with FFAs even with boltshot, carbine, br, os, and camo. The Plasma Pistol is one of the most powerful weapons in H5, its stronger than the combo in H2 because you can zoom in with it and crossmap somebody with it. It shouldn't be in Comp FFA or Comp in general really, but i think taking it out of FFA would be a better change, should ask the pros if should be taken out of 4s.
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of the community. It actually takes skill having these power-ups on the map- imo.
it doesnt, just takes luck lol
So keeping the Spawn times in the back of your head while playing the game- knowing when to give up the power-up- when bait the power-up- and how to use the power-up doesn't take skill?

K.
even a kid can do that lol
and it doesnt matter becouse 5 other players on the map want it as well, and the chances you grab it and stay alive are low, that if you arenot dead at the moment it spawns
Not if you're skilled
If you grab that power-up and end up staying alive- then you deserve it and its advantages- whatever those may be
There's a reason I mentioned it takes skill to get that power-up. Like you said you also need to be alive in order to secure that power-up and staying alive to pick up that power-up during that crucial window is quite a feat.
staying a live in ffa is not a skill since theres so much chaos and unfair situations like people respawing very close to you or 2 people shooting you at the same time adn etc
all of this sounds like a personal problem. staying alive is by fact a skill because it gains you ground against other players. its not chaos if you know who spawns where. again if you know where spawns are then that spawning close argument doesn't make sense because you didn't look out for someones spawn and died as a result. nothing in this playlist is unfair. the old settings were unfair (storm rifle and word are such examples)
"nothing in this playlist is unfair" LOL
even champs die a LOT in ffa have you even check the ffa tournaments?
theres a lot of lucked involved but if you think everything in ffa is fair then u are just wasting my time
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
I absolutely love this what we play at events being a playlist finally. However I was wondering if you guys could take a step further? You should know by now that the comp ffa community wants it to be pistol only and has wanted it this way since the beginning. Str8 Sick(A notorious pro player for his FFA skill since H2) even said at an event in an interview that he doesn't agree with power weapons and power ups in FFA. Most of us dont like these additions to FFA. Although i think the worst part about it is the noob combo on truth. The Plasma Pistol on truth i think is the worst part of the current FFA format. If that were gone i think people would be much happier with FFAs even with boltshot, carbine, br, os, and camo. The Plasma Pistol is one of the most powerful weapons in H5, its stronger than the combo in H2 because you can zoom in with it and crossmap somebody with it. It shouldn't be in Comp FFA or Comp in general really, but i think taking it out of FFA would be a better change, should ask the pros if should be taken out of 4s.
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of the community. It actually takes skill having these power-ups on the map- imo.
So keeping the Spawn times in the back of your head while playing the game- knowing when to give up the power-up- when bait the power-up- and how to use the power-up doesn't take skill?

K.
and it doesnt matter becouse 5 other players on the map want it as well, and the chances you grab it and stay alive are low, that if you arenot dead at the moment it spawns
Not if you're skilled
If you grab that power-up and end up staying alive- then you deserve it and its advantages- whatever those may be
There's a reason I mentioned it takes skill to get that power-up. Like you said you also need to be alive in order to secure that power-up and staying alive to pick up that power-up during that crucial window is quite a feat.
staying a live in ffa is not a skill since theres so much chaos and unfair situations like people respawing very close to you or 2 people shooting you at the same time adn etc
all of this sounds like a personal problem. staying alive is by fact a skill because it gains you ground against other players. its not chaos if you know who spawns where. again if you know where spawns are then that spawning close argument doesn't make sense because you didn't look out for someones spawn and died as a result. nothing in this playlist is unfair. the old settings were unfair (storm rifle and word are such examples)
theres a lot of lucked involved but if you think everything in ffa is fair then u are just wasting my time
if this was the old playlist then yeah you'd be right its unfair. my dude i am a champ. champ 35 at that. most of my wins i had less than 20 deaths. so don't be coming at me with that BS because i also competed in the tournaments. there is absolutely no luck involved at all. i know every single spawn and play. i know whats happening 100% of the time. same for all the other champs. the old playlist was about luck. this playlist isn't by far. whenever you look away from a spawn and someone just died they will spawn behind you resulting in your death. your suppose to wait for spawns and spawn trap them. if two people are shooting you at once then you were in the wrong place to begin with. lastly 8 people is chaos. this playlist is not chaos if ,again, you know what your doing. every problem you mentioned i dont have and i have screenshots and clips of proof if you want.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
if this was the old playlist then yeah you'd be right its unfair. my dude i am a champ. champ 35 at that. most of my wins i had less than 20 deaths. so don't be coming at me with that BS because i also competed in the tournaments. there is absolutely no luck involved at all. i know every single spawn and play. i know whats happening 100% of the time. same for all the other champs. the old playlist was about luck. this playlist isn't by far. whenever you look away from a spawn and someone just died they will spawn behind you resulting in your death. your suppose to wait for spawns and spawn trap them. if two people are shooting you at once then you were in the wrong place to begin with. lastly 8 people is chaos. this playlist is not chaos if ,again, you know what your doing. every problem you mentioned i dont have and i have screenshots and clips of proof if you want.
"spawn trap" and fair dont go along
i watch the champ 1 milkshake who is a streamer and even he gets shoot by 2 people as well like everybode so dont come with that BS (yes having map awarenes will decrease the chances of engaging situations where 2 guys are shooting at you but wont exclude from those situations)
and yes, grabbing the plasma pistol gives you a huge advantage in ffa
ffa modes by nature have luck involved lol, i dont care if you are champ 2 or bronce, ur the one saying BS
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
i watch the champ 1 milkshake who is a streamer and even he gets shoot by 2 people as well like everybode so dont come with that BS (yes having map awarenes will decrease the chances of engaging situations where 2 guys are shooting at you but wont exclude from those situations)
ffa modes by nature have luck involved lol, i dont care if you are champ 2 or bronce, ur the one saying BS
spawn traping is a well known tactic that every player does in high level play. it is fair play. that is how you play halo. weapon control. map control and spawn control are the 3 major elements of which halo is based on. i know milkshake and its funny you mention him because i beat him before and not just once. here is proof: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/screenshots?page=1&gamertag=Dead%20Cassette#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_screenshot_Dead%20Cassette_8e91f9b1-a077-445f-92af-787e354d3846

if you get shot at by two people then you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. that is statically and factually true. just because it may happen to me or others doesn't mean that it isn't a mistake. i have gotten multiple killing frenzy's proving this exact topic and the moment i died i had made a mistake. any weapon or power up has an advantage being picked up. if the weapon is placed in a good spot and if the weapon can be countered then you don't have an argument to stand on. having an advantage does not mean you win by default. i have out shot people with the pistol while they had the plasma pistol and people have out shot me while i had it. its about making the right play at the right time. its not about who has the better advantage. there is no proof that this FFA is luck by nature. its very clear you have not played at that level to comment on how spawning works. if you know spawns inside and out you can know where a person is even without seeing or hearing the spartan. its called basic math and logic. again me and other high level players know where everyone is at all times and we make plays according to that knowledge and when you see someone die thats them making a mistake. humans are not perfect. everyone, even the best will make a mistake but if we were then every game would end in a tie. capitalizing on a mistake isn't randomness its how your suppose to play this playlist

i have showed you evidence and can show you more. i have explained deeply on how this FFA works. you have shown me nothing. you cant explain the intricacies of this playlist so to say im speaking BS is an absolute fallacy. please do your research and beat the best in the world. then come here and share your INFORMED stance on this topic but until then you are an onyx player that makes common mistakes and blames it on the playlist.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:

K.
Not if you're skilled
spawn traping is a well known tactic that every player does in high level play. it is fair play. that is how you play halo. weapon control. map control and spawn control are the 3 major elements of which halo is based on. i know milkshake and its funny you mention him because i beat him before and not just once. here is proof: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/screenshots?page=1&gamertag=Dead%20Cassette#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_screenshot_Dead%20Cassette_8e91f9b1-a077-445f-92af-787e354d3846

if you get shot at by two people then you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. that is statically and factually true. just because it may happen to me or others doesn't mean that it isn't a mistake. i have gotten multiple killing frenzy's proving this exact topic and the moment i died i had made a mistake. any weapon or power up has an advantage being picked up. if the weapon is placed in a good spot and if the weapon can be countered then you don't have an argument to stand on. having an advantage does not mean you win by default. i have out shot people with the pistol while they had the plasma pistol and people have out shot me while i had it. its about making the right play at the right time. its not about who has the better advantage. there is no proof that this FFA is luck by nature. its very clear you have not played at that level to comment on how spawning works. if you know spawns inside and out you can know where a person is even without seeing or hearing the spartan. its called basic math and logic. again me and other high level players know where everyone is at all times and we make plays according to that knowledge and when you see someone die thats them making a mistake. humans are not perfect. everyone, even the best will make a mistake but if we were then every game would end in a tie. capitalizing on a mistake isn't randomness its how your suppose to play this playlist

i have showed you evidence and can show you more. i have explained deeply on how this FFA works. you have shown me nothing. you cant explain the intricacies of this playlist so to say im speaking BS is an absolute fallacy. please do your research and beat the best in the world. then come here and share your INFORMED stance on this topic but until then you are an onyx player that makes common mistakes and blames it on the playlist.
what? if you can reply with that then you dhould be able to reply with your stance on this topic. also i cant open that link
You can at least take solace in the fact than anyone who kills you with the plasma pistol probably wont win the game. FFA is basically SWAT, its less about 1v1 and more about stealing double kills on 1 shot players
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
It takes skill to get a powerup and keep the timing of it sure, however FFA's have never been power up or power weapon based. It is simply more balanced to keep them out imo and its alot more fun. Personally i dont think it fits a competitive FFA format and i know for the majority of competitive FFA players, especially those that attend events including myself, we dont like it. FFA's have always been about the gunskill and awareness of the player, not something that can turn the whole tide of the match for only 45 seconds if played correctly. Comebacks can and will happen without it, they always have. Also the removal of powerups will alow the ability to scroll through deathcams which allows a more aggressive approach to FFAs which MOST people like.
Gefferr wrote:
You can at least take solace in the fact than anyone who kills you with the plasma pistol probably wont win the game. FFA is basically SWAT, its less about 1v1 and more about stealing double kills on 1 shot players
Its about that but at the same time especially in a 6 player ffa like in h5, it is actually closer to more about 1v1s than previous halos with 8 player ffas. alot of the time in a 1v1 or while absolute you can combo somebody and get a kill before they can put 3 shots on you.
Well to be fair the noob combo is kind of risky as if the enemy shots you first then you are most likely screwed
thats entirely untrue because of how fast the noob combo charges up and hits the opposing player, ive had many instances against pros where ive been able to 180 noob combo kill them while absolute.
lFi3RY - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
lFi3RY wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
lFi3RY wrote:
It takes skill to get a powerup and keep the timing of it sure, however FFA's have never been power up or power weapon based. It is simply more balanced to keep them out imo and its alot more fun. Personally i dont think it fits a competitive FFA format and i know for the majority of competitive FFA players, especially those that attend events including myself, we dont like it. FFA's have always been about the gunskill and awareness of the player, not something that can turn the whole tide of the match for only 45 seconds if played correctly. Comebacks can and will happen without it, they always have. Also the removal of powerups will alow the ability to scroll through deathcams which allows a more aggressive approach to FFAs which MOST people like.
Congratulations! You compete in events where all you have to do is pay to let you play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2