5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
DoubIe A wrote:
Weakachu wrote:
DoubIe A wrote:
A lot of people are saying the new BR is too weak and the magnum is far superior but this has not been my experience. Outside of close range, the BR dominates the pistol.

There is no reason to debate this with spread, kill time, blah blah blah.

Anyone who wants to test it out, send me a message. I will be on at around 4 pm est. It will take a few minutes per person.

There are two variables not accounted for. One is who will have the best connection to the server. The other is if I my skill level is too high that I dominate you with both BR and magnum. But I think it still should become clear to all of you BR haters that it is still good. Or maybe I will realize the BR sucks (doubt it).

My gamertag is Doubie A

Once the test is completed, post the results here.
I'll take you up on this. What's your plan for this test?
It's two simple forge maps I made that I use to warm up. One is long range, one is close range. There are few pieces of cover.

One of us will use BR and the other will use magnum. Then we will switch weapons.

I also made shield recovery fast so less time is wasted waiting for Shields and I upped damage resistance to 200% to extend battles.

if you don't like the shield and damage stuff I don't care. I will revert it back to original settings.
So this happened. Results were as follows:

Close range map:
Weakachu Pistol v Double A BR: 8-6
Weakachu BR v Double A Pistol: 9-7
Weakachu BR v Double A BR: 1-2

(Very) Long range Map:
Weakachu Pistol v Double A BR: 3-14
Weakachu BR v Double A Pistol: 9-2

(Ad hoc) Medium Range:
Weakachu Pistol v Double A BR: 4-3

Coliseum 1v1 No Power weapons/ grenades:
Weakachu Pistol v Double A BR: 4-0

Shot wise, the skill level was pretty even.
Our consensus was that the pistol was superior at close range. The BR was much better at long range, but in my opinion it was a longer than you'd ever see in an HCS game. It was also inside the BR's scopes aim assist range and not the pistol's. Still, the results were what they were.

I am still of the mindset that for the types of situations that occur in HCS games (and considering the other weapons on the map) I would much prefer the pistol.
After playing 20-25 games over the last 2 days there are 2 things that need to be adjusted for sure.

1 The ball carrier speed needs to be reduced
2 The 1 hit Oddball kill has to go
Everyone on my friends list thats usually grinding halo is either not playing the game in customs or in a lobby I have one person out of 30 playing oddball and I bet they dont even like it for starters you guys should know you cant test all this new stuff at once every scientist knows there can only be ONE variable at a time...secondly the new br is terrible like I dont even want to play the game anymore if it stays coming from someone who ended the last hcs season champ 40 and loved everything about h5...the gunfighter is spray and pray and is a nerf gun that the bullets fall out of the air after 10 feet...this is not the way to go comp wise or enjoyement I will quit competing beacuse I'm not going to compete in a game I dont even have fun playing anymore you guys got it right taking out autos and putting in ability tracker thats all you needed to do for h5 the game was fine please to god leave it alone as it was
There is so much outrage on twitter as well from players like penguin, stellar, mikwen, lethul the list goes on and the am community absolutely hates it as well not sure who your trying to appeal to here but please give me magnum starts and my old halo back ive put way too much time into this game (80 days between both accounts) for yall to ruin it for no reason you want to do this put it in halo 6 dont ruin a decent game two years in I hope y'all are checking twitter as well because its nothing but outrage not everyone comes into the halowaypoint forum to write you guys an essay on countless reasons as to why this is a bad idea
Compared to the social playlist that existed for Oddball, I'm happy with the current settings for the game mechanics

However, I'm also concerned about the "randomness" that is the BR/Gunfighter Magnum Combo. The Magnum seems to behave well enough, but the BR seems to miss shots that the magnum would be able to hit. If that randomness was fixed, the game mode would be much better
I've been playing Halo for 10 years now, many of them competitively, and these new settings just don't feel right. I think the BR just doesn't fit in with the gameplay of Halo 5. You can't have this type of spread with sprint and thrust, it's pretty simple. Oddball may be a fine gametype on some maps like Truth and Rig but you need to try it with the pistol. Also the idea of turning HCS into a test playlist is a joke and a terrible idea, the servers in this game are awful and people are quitting. I think I'm probably done for a bit, you guys are doing a terrible job of managing this once great franchise. Thanks, 343.
HCS Gametype being replaced by an exclusive HCS Gametype + BR/GF start, even though temporary, was too abrupt for an avid and loyal HCS community. Many players like myself have spent countless hours trying to learn and master the current HCS gametype and the reason why we put in so much work and effort was bc it was a game type that we enjoyed. So when that gametype was replaced, it’s now literally a different game, on dead maps, with unpopular weapons that are unfavorable because of their lack of consistency. Loose spread is not good. I prefer a tight spread with aim assist reduction. The magnum has become the staple starting starter weapon of HCS, it shouldn’t be benched lol

-Oddball HCS should be inserted into the preexisting HCS gametype with a heavy weighting with the BR/GF start for the test run.
-Respawn time should be increased. It feels like as soon as you kill a player they are instantly behind you again.
-Maps like Mercy should be taken out because of the Dead Man Walking issue doesn’t allow ballholders many options for strategic plays with the ball.

Look if its just straight HCS Oddball with no timetable for a return to the original HCS that competitive players come to love. Halo is going to lose a lot of fans and players who actually stuck with this game through thick and thin.
Another thing, I think the Ball carrier needs to have Thrust/Stabilize/Ground Pound. Take away the 1-hit melee if that would make the ball carrier too powerful, but it's jarring right now to try to move around without any of those tools. It makes people want to pick up the ball a lot less from what I've seen.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Thank you 343 for trying to revive the community and reinvent the sand box, we all as the halo community appreciate it. I'm glad 2 years into halo 5 and the community is still getting some type of content and 343 have tried to nurture this game. Here are my opinions on the over time update:

First of all I think personally all riffles need to be changed back. Purely because there is now no reason to pick one up now, the magnum kills faster than majority of rifles and the map design doesn't promote these long range engagements for weapons like the dmr to be effective. In my opinion 343 need to increase the riffle timers and reduce the number of riffles on the map or simply in HCS replace them with tac mags. Look at truth, since there is only a tac mag and a plasma pistol the map doesn't snow ball as much and the tac mag is a good weapon to pic up as it rewards the player for finding it and using it do their advantage.

Now onto some weapon changes I didn't agree with. Firstly the DMR did have an issue when it was dominating over all ranges but reducing aim assist wasn't the solution. 343 should have just made it a 3 shot beat down, keep the fire rate that it has now but revert the aim assist and make it a 3 shot beat down. Secondly the BR, I get why the BR was attempted to be toned down but the execution was sloppy. All the BR need was to have a red reticle range nerf, honestly aim assist and red reticle range was the problem not how close the shots were together. Also this random spread was unnecessary, it has made the gun inconsistent and unfit for competition, yes I understand you are trying to make it feel like the h3 BR but no one liked the h3 BR because of the inconsistency, even MLG changed the damage to a 110% to try and reduce inconsistency. the carbine , this weapon only need to take more shots to take someone's shields down increasing the ttk, this weapon was perfect to counter snipers etc. Also why did the gunfighter get changed? No one used it before this patch and this patch has made many people hate it more, the gun isn't good to use and shouldn't be paired with this new BR for testing. And lastly the AR, this weapon was the most simple weapon to change and yet 343 made the situation too complicated. All that needed to be changed was bullet damage, aim assist and bloom. I don't know why they made it a precision weapon, but it was not dealt with efficiently and effectively.

Now onto some things I think need to be changed that didn't. Firstly why didn't the storm riffle and brute plasma riffle get touched, this was the number one complaint by not only the competitive community but also the casual community as well. These are covenant weapons, they should take down shields fast but not kill just as fast. They both need damage nerfs and decrease the time it takes for it to burn out period. Also why is there still blank melees in the game, I don't know if you can fix this but please try 343.

Now onto game types, firstly for this oddball playlist the maps chosen were questionable, maps like overgrowth, riptide etc shouldn't even be considered, they aren't competitive and aren't fun to play on. However i think oddball right now works best on the rig because there are multiple suicide points and the map flows very well. Also when the settings change back to HCS please take out Fathom CTF and Empire Strongholds, these gametypes shouldn't be in competitive at all, but one way I think to solve fathom CTF is to have the map rotated and flags spawn in the treehouses and make it a more fluid to play.

343, please bring back the play ball function, just something I would think the community would like. Also make the ball spawn in random positions and make the spawn time a bit longer, I say this because it's frustrating playing in one isolated part of the map and having people just wait on the ball all the time, doing this would make maps flow better and make the game mode more interesting. Also I think the score should be 150 for quick games that don't get dragged out for the whole time limit.

So in conclusion what I would like to see from 343 is that they revert riffles with some changes I have mentioned, increase riffle spawn time and decrease riffles on the map. Change the covenant automatics and replace all riffles on HCS game types with tac mags. And lastly make minor adjustments to oddball

Thanks for reading Spartans. : )
I have read a lot of comments and how I see things is: 1) we want oddball in competitive Halo, and 2) HCS settings were ok and would be ok with oddball too.
Oddball - YES
BR+Ugly Magnum- NO
Please
Oddball on rig and plaza should be substitued for two hcs gametypes, the dmr should be reverted back to the same fire rate but with w 3 shot beat down it should have a slight and I mean slight advantage over the magnum if your going to pick it up like reduce auto aim so its the same as the magnum but make the hitbox marginally bigger...the brs are terrible now look at what the pros are saying you want classic halo put in the h2 br its not heavy clunky and incosistent like the br we have now...the gunfighter magnum is a joke as others have explained already nobody wants either of thowe weapons in hcs please please please take them out the game was fine as is you have all the pros and ams playing 8s lobbies with pistol starts look at twitch look at twitter nobody wants it oddball can work on a few select maps if you tweak it correctly but for the love of this game give us magnum starts back
This game is just not fun with BR starts. It ruins the entire experience. If this is the new loadout I will not be playing cause it's the most annoying playlist I have ever played. RIP Halo
Bring back magnum starts!
Qvesos wrote:
Everyone on my friends list thats usually grinding halo is either not playing the game in customs or in a lobby I have one person out of 30 playing oddball and I bet they dont even like it for starters you guys should know you cant test all this new stuff at once every scientist knows there can only be ONE variable at a time...secondly the new br is terrible like I dont even want to play the game anymore if it stays coming from someone who ended the last hcs season champ 40 and loved everything about h5...the gunfighter is spray and pray and is a nerf gun that the bullets fall out of the air after 10 feet...this is not the way to go comp wise or enjoyement I will quit competing beacuse I'm not going to compete in a game I dont even have fun playing anymore you guys got it right taking out autos and putting in ability tracker thats all you needed to do for h5 the game was fine please to god leave it alone as it was
Let's hope they do. But I am not holding my breathe
The last couple of matches of HaloWC Oddball that I've played were against a team of really good griefers who were looking to pad their K/D. None of them even cared to touch the ball. They just did their best to keep us away from it. That may become a problem later on in the social and ranked playlists.
For someone who's been playing halo since the beginning and plays 7 days a week I honestly don't see brs and gfms as a good idea.
Not gonna lie I enjoy oddball as a ranked playlist but I don’t appreciate HCS being removed I enjoy HCS it’s a great playlist but oddball with the BR and gunfighter isn’t the best nor will it do well in HCS I don’t like the new BR it’s fun trying to get used to if it was BR and magnum then yeah I’d like it I can’t stand the weapons but I don’t want to be to negative I like the playlist but with the weapons idk and this is unrelated but has anyone been ranked lower like a lot recently I find playlist I’ve had onyx in for like 4 seasons have now been reduced down to a diamond I still got onyx in slayer and swat but I got ranked from a 1700 down to 1527 after winning 7 games I don’t understand that and arena I was 1570 now Diamond 4 and feel free to go have a look at my ranks from last season to this season or not up to you how is reading this but I don’t know if there was a patch note that I missed about ranked but if so can a 343 admin please post it under my forum it would be much appreciated
It certainly creates interesting team fights. I'd recommend oddball specific-made maps for the gametype. Maps like Truth play bad because how easy you could buckle down in bottom red or blue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11