• Removed Splinter Grenades from Red Sneaky, Blue Sneaky, and Top Mid
    • Removed Storm Rifles from Red One and Blue One
    • Removed Hydra from Bottom Mid
    • Removed Energy Sword from Top Mid
    • Removed Battle Rifle from Pink Tower Two
    • Removed Covenant Carbine from Carbine Tower Two
    • Added Plasma Pistol to Carbine Tower One
    • Added Tactical Magnum to Pink Tower One
    • Set Tactical Magnum respawn time to 40 seconds and despawn time to 30 seconds
    • Set Plasma Pistol respawn time to 20 seconds
    Are these in MM yet?
    Holy -Yoink- this is fantastic.
    A little confused as to where these settings are being played. Are these for all upcoming HCS events, or are these for matchmaking?
    Exenius wrote:
    A little confused as to where these settings are being played. Are these for all upcoming HCS events, or are these for matchmaking?
    Since there's been no official response to this question and the changes only apply to the three FFA maps used in HCS tourneys it seems unlikely. It would be nice to have an FFA HCS list that includes all the MM maps. They would be great on Rig, Plaza and Coli. Some of the top FFA players don't go to tourneys (or even play much any more) because they don't like the old settings. It would be nice to give them and other more skill oriented players a chance to practice and maybe entice them to travel to one of these events. I for one would love to see four or five of the top ten or twenty FFA players competing for big money in a tournament that relies more on skill and less on splinters and autos. I'd get wrecked in a list like that, but I'd still give it a shot. Maybe positive feedback from Daytona will have an influence.
    Exenius wrote:
    Since there's been no official response to this question and the changes only apply to the three FFA maps used in HCS tourneys it seems unlikely. It would be nice to have an FFA HCS list that includes all the MM maps. They would be great on Rig, Plaza and Coli. Some of the top FFA players don't go to tourneys (or even play much any more) because they don't like the old settings. It would be nice to give them and other more skill oriented players a chance to practice and maybe entice them to travel to one of these events. I for one would love to see four or five of the top ten or twenty FFA players competing for big money in a tournament that relies more on skill and less on splinters and autos. I'd get wrecked in a list like that, but I'd still give it a shot. Maybe positive feedback from Daytona will have an influence.
    Seriously, the FFA playlist needs this update. I'm with you; I'd probably get destroyed, but at least I'd be destroyed because I was been out-skilled, not just melted by a splinter grenade or someone camping with an SMG.
    I want these settings in FFA matchmaking it would be cool!!! I won't complain as much because you get Splintered or AR by people!!!
    Why can't we get a FFA HCS playlist just like Team Arena has its own HCS playlist...

Please make this happen!
    This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
    *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
    *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    good thing they increased the boltshot timer, wouldnt want anyone abusing those
    Gefferr wrote:
    good thing they increased the boltshot timer, wouldnt want anyone abusing those
    I know, right. Because you see a lot of people rocking the Boltshots!
    D M4N8 wrote:
    Why can't we get a FFA HCS playlist just like Team Arena has its own HCS playlist...

Please make this happen!
    Probably because the majority of the population within FFA wouldn't support that.
    eLantern wrote:
    D M4N8 wrote:

Please make this happen!
    Probably because the majority of the population within FFA wouldn't support that.
    It wouldn't affect the regular FFA playlist, so I don't see why not.

A lot of people don't support the HCS playlist, but it's still a thing.
    D M4N8 wrote:
    eLantern wrote:
    D M4N8 wrote:

Please make this happen!

Oh, a little miscommunication occurring here. You're saying have two FFA playlists (one regular and one HCS); instead of updating the current FFA playlist with the HCS settings. I guess that's a possibility, but I suspect that 343i wouldn't want to divide the FFA population amongst two playlists. I could be wrong since they're currently carrying the Team Arena playlist and the HCS Arena play too, but to be honest I think they really need to do away with the Team Arena playlist in favor of a seasonal rotation between CTF and Strongholds or perhaps a Team Objective playlist that combines those two modes with the introduction of Extraction to Halo 5. See this and/or this playlist breakdown to get a better picture of what I'm talking about.
    eLantern wrote:
    D M4N8 wrote:
    eLantern wrote:
    D M4N8 wrote:

Please make this happen!

Oh, a little miscommunication occurring here. You're saying have two FFA playlists (one regular and one HCS); instead of updating the current FFA playlist with the HCS settings. I guess that's a possibility, but I suspect that 343i wouldn't want to divide the FFA population amongst two playlists. I could be wrong since they're currently carrying the Team Arena playlist and the HCS Arena play too, but to be honest I think they really need to do away with the Team Arena playlist in favor of a seasonal rotation between CTF and Strongholds or perhaps a Team Objective playlist that combines those two modes with the introduction of Extraction to Halo 5. See this and/or this playlist breakdown to get a better picture of what I'm talking about.
    Yes, have two FFA playlists (one regular and one HCS); instead of updating the current FFA playlist with the HCS settings.

343i divided the population between Team Arena and the HCS Playlist so I don't see the problem.

An HCS FFA playlist would be easy to implement and put into rotation. 343i already has the maps and the settings for it, so I don't see any issues.

By the way, what's "Extraction"?
    D M4N8 wrote:
    By the way, what's "Extraction"?
    Halo Extraction Gameplay
    This would be fantastic, eliminate those players who hide in the corner with the AR for the sweeping kills.
    These settings would make it awesome!
    I've played these settings in HCS Customs FFA and I like it,it plays and feel great.If these settings cant be updated in current FFA playlist which I bet wont happen cause 343 does not want to divide the population even more than it already it like some pro players and you guys have suggested,I would not mind a ranked version of a test playlist for with Official HCS ranked FFA settings.If it happens maybe some maps need to be removed like Molten,Torque,Stasis(my top 3 picks)
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 2
    4. ...
    5. 3