Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

HCS Raleigh C-19 Protocol (Test Result Standards)

OP Synthesi

With the announcement of the first HCS event for Halo Infinite, "HCS Raleigh" I am sure many of you, like myself, are quite excited and hoping to attend. I would imagine many of you have questions about necessary preparations seeing as how the current announcement is slightly vague, specifically, in regard to negative test result guidelines and standards for attendees.

I am starting this discussion in the hopes that more specific information will be released from an official source so that attendees may make the necessary preparations, in advance to adhere to the guidelines.

Guidelines set forth thus far are as follows :

"COVID PROTOCOL
It’s important to remember that all around the globe we are all in some shape or form living with the realities of a world where COVID-19 and the numerous new variants still exist. We have been working closely with Esports Engine, the Microsoft Security and Events teams, as well as the venue and local government in Raleigh, but we need the help and cooperation of the entire Halo community.
ENTRANCE:
  • To enter the venue all attendees and staff must complete and attest to their health status, each day, in the Microsoft Health Check App. Entrance into the venue will not be allowed without completion each day, and no exceptions will be made.
  • All attendees must also present proof of vaccination as well as a photo ID each time they enter the venue.
  • For those not vaccinated, you must provide proof of NEGATIVE COVID-19 test results, from within at least the prior 72hrs each day along with a photo ID each time they enter the venue.
  • Per state law, masks will be required to enter the venue."
Seeing as how there is not currently any explicit guidelines (to my knowledge) as to what constitutes as VALID "proof of NEGATIVE COVID-19 test results". How are unvaccinated attendees supposed to know what they must provide? There are currently 3 methods of testing I am aware of.
- At home test kit (rapid results).
- Antigen test (rapid results).
- PCR test (results are delayed).

Given these circumstances I would assume the best course of action would be to find a local testing center the day prior to, or the morning of the event and get tested with a rapid results, antigen style test.

For those of you who are local to Raleigh and can provide insight into testing locations nearest the convention center, or have encountered a situation similar to this previously, please feel free to chime in and provide insight. Thank you.
Just asking how u join hcs anyway?
Be good, be active in the competitive community, compete in community held tournaments, and sign up for HCS events.
Gulchshot wrote:
Be good, be active in the competitive community, compete in community held tournaments, and sign up for HCS events.
Thnx