OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
The Fileshare doesn't appear to be working, how do I download the maps?? Never had this problem with any past Halo game...
In addition to the "HCS Official " gamer tag, you can download HCS maps via the "ForgeHub LIVE " gamer tag as well.
All maps are horrible, both aesthetically and gameplay.
Why not have a midship or Onslaught remake? Apk's Midship is perfect!
TEMPLE is the only map worthwhile. It has original aesthetics, balanced spacial design (not too big for H2A), and more importantly function. This map would be excellent for most all HCS gametypes.

My specific feedback and expectation for it's improvement would be this:

1) Weapons implementation and placement is questionable. At least Rockets or Snipe should be included somewhere.
2) Sentinel beam would also be a nice touch given the aesthetics and evening-like lighting.
3) Upper outer boundaries need to be tightened up with deathzones. It's quite easy to get above and outside the map along the outer perimeter.
4) I think a little more coverage on top pink/purple would be good, especially if a power weapon was placed/used there.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDEN is my 2nd choice, but change the name as it was already a H5G map name. This map has high function by it's asymmetrical design and isn't too big.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERUPT is my 3rd choice. It is symetrical and well designed for professional gameplay. It has good weapons/power ups placement.
TESLA is extremely dull and unoriginal. It's a midship wannabe map recycled piece of garbage. I highly discourage any moron to vote for this uneventful design, especially pros. DIESEL (Author) should be ashamed of such lack of creativity and originality.
The other maps, ATHEON, EPICBOROUGH KEEP (dumb name), VENOM are not worth an ounce of consideration.
TEMPLE is the only map worthwhile. It has original aesthetics, balanced spacial design (not too big for H2A), and more importantly function. This map would be excellent for most all HCS gametypes.

My specific feedback and expectation for it's improvement would be this:

1) Weapons implementation and placement is questionable. At least Rockets or Snipe should be included somewhere.
2) Sentinel beam would also be a nice touch given the aesthetics and evening-like lighting.
3) Upper outer boundaries need to be tightened up with deathzones. It's quite easy to get above and outside the map along the outer perimeter.
4) I think a little more coverage on top pink/purple would be good, especially if a power weapon was placed/used there.
EDEN is my 2nd choice, but change the name as it was already a H5G map name. This map has high function by it's asymmetrical design and isn't too big.
ERUPT is my 3rd choice. It is symetrical and well designed for professional gameplay. It has good weapons/power ups placement.
TESLA is extremely dull and unoriginal. It's a midship wannabe map recycled piece of garbage. I highly discourage any moron to vote for this uneventful design, especially pros. DIESEL (Author) should be ashamed of such lack of creativity and originality.
The other maps, ATHEON, EPICBOROUGH KEEP (dumb name), VENOM are not worth an ounce of consideration.
Lol. Lolol.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Temple is next to Tesla in terms of how horrid it is. The only thing not worth an ounce of consideration is your opinion. The other maps at least offer a new design with new possibilities. Temple is just a big ugly rock midship with bad lighting.
I honestly don't really know what to say about some of these maps besides some are too big, some have way too many power ups/power weapons, and some of the lines of sight are just not that great on certain maps. I personally don't like any of the maps for competitive play except maybe temple, like I've said on my stream. I would rather keep the same 11 gametypes/maps than add in ricochet or a forge map. I was kind hesitant to post my opinion cause I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings that made the maps but I just don't feel like we should force a forge map to be played in HCS just for the sake of having another map. The 11 gametypes we have right now are good and if we add one of these forge maps we would have to take out 1-2 gametypes for it which might not be the best choice.
My top 3 picks for this season of HCS are Athelon, Epicborough keep, and Erupt.

Athelon is a wonderful map, with nice aesthetics and very competitive gameplay. Flag and assault play exceptionally well.

Epicborough Keep is a personal favorite. I am a co-creator of the design after all! The fast paced gameplay and dynamic sight lines are what make the map, in my opinion, a great map. The name is sort of a joke after many iterations of the map being played off of the original halo 4 name, Epicenter. We had epicracker, which turned into epicracker barrel (that was mine) and finally Epicborough Keep (that was a Chunks)

Erupt is a very linear pit style map that really isn't what I like, but I know plays well and acomplishes its competitive goal. Erupt is my third choice simply because the map lacks aesthetic appeal, and therefore less fun to play on.

Finally, lets talk about Tesla and Temple.

Tesla is poorly forged, poorly designed, and somehow supported enough (by pros) to make into this list over maps that are on a completely different level, both design and aesthetic wise. I am ashamed.

Temple, while forged WAY better than Tesla, doesn't offer much more than Tesla. Two base two tower designs are a dime a dozen, and sadly even the best
of these are uninspired and dull.
Untestable:
6-Venom. Map makes no sense structurally. Aesthetically the map looks good, however, there’d be no way for this map to work in competitive halo.
5-Athelon. Same thing as venom. Way too big with no chance, in my opinion, of being played competitively
4-Erupt. Not a mad map size but too many obstacles giving too many routes for players to take. This leads to more one on one battles and no power positions and encourages running together(and not in a good way.)

Testable
3-Epicborough. I don’t like the map layout but it’s a decently sized map. I don’t think it will be picked for competition but it can be tested. In this map, you can’t see anything from anywhere until you walk through a tunnel that takes five seconds to get through with no real escape. If I was forced to play this map, it wouldn’t be awful but it wouldn’t be good.
2-Eden. Larger map size but a lot more open. Definitely testable but I don’t think it has a good chance of making it compared to the others.
1-Temple. Nothing really interesting about this map as it is just another simplex/midship map but because it tries to look better aesthetically, it loses some of its game play value.

As other pros have stated, I don’t think that any of the forge maps that have a chance of getting into season 2 are worth putting in. Most of the maps that 343 has for testing include large, long tunnels which are unfit for competitive Halo. There are other maps that are better and should have a shot at actually securing a spot as THE forge map. My favorite map so far has been oracle(no surprise) with elixir as a close second with Hive right behind that.. Elixir just needs to be reimagined as it is a little too simple, but it is basically the type of map that we want to play on. It is open, it has power positions located in the middle of the map. The map uses obstacles with a small area(LxW) so that you can choose which line of sight you want to see from. This is something that only Tesla has implemented throughout the map(from the 7) and is necessary when creating for maps for competitive halo in my opinion.

Also, if we are implementing forge maps with the idea that they should be played with hill/ball, we would then need to make each best of 5 series have only one slayer in them. We are currently oversaturated with ball/hill as both lockout and warlock hill/ball play very well. We need more slayers and flags.
WARH0LIC wrote:
In addition to the "HCS Official " gamer tag, you can download HCS maps via the "ForgeHub LIVE " gamer tag as well.
How -Yoink- hard is it to keep the gamertags online!!!!! Added both and neither is online. The incompetence in halo just astounds me constantly!!
Blainely wrote:
WARH0LIC wrote:

How -Yoink- hard is it to keep the gamertags online!!!!! Added both and neither is online. The incompetence in halo just astounds me constantly!!
343, you heard him! Implement a working file browser that is web-based so we can download these maps! We want a file browser! We want to be able to download these maps without issue! The solution to this issue is a file browser! Give us a working file browser so we may successfully test these maps and give you important feedback for this competition that you have put together! It is currently impossible to download these HCS maps unless there is a real working file browser! Give us a file browser or we will be unable to successfully test these maps like you have asked! A file browser is a must! Please give us our solution, a file browser to fix this catastrophic issue is a must. Matchmaking may be fixed but customs still need work! Start by giving your loyal fans a file browser to fix this monumental issue that will plague the HCS forever!
Naded wrote:
I honestly don't really know what to say about some of these maps besides some are too big, some have way too many power ups/power weapons, and some of the lines of sight are just not that great on certain maps. I personally don't like any of the maps for competitive play except maybe temple, like I've said on my stream. I would rather keep the same 11 gametypes/maps than add in ricochet or a forge map. I was kind hesitant to post my opinion cause I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings that made the maps but I just don't feel like we should force a forge map to be played in HCS just for the sake of having another map. The 11 gametypes we have right now are good and if we add one of these forge maps we would have to take out 1-2 gametypes for it which might not be the best choice.
Honestly, I’m not particularly interested in watching another rote season played out on the same dismal-looking three maps (Lockdown, Shrine, Warlord).

I won’t pretend to speak to the players’ concerns, but I guarantee I’m not alone in emphasizing the need for visual and gameplay freshness and variety to keep and attract viewers.
Blainely wrote:
WARH0LIC wrote:

You can access the ForgeHub LIVE fileshare by searching via the leaderboards too.

Global Rank: 10 (thanks to Nokyard)
Solo

Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
Campaign: Metropolis
Difficulty: Heroic
Time: 05:27
I like that HCS is getting more maps, though they look really bad imo because of the lack of Forge options.
I couldnt upload my map to forgehub but check out HCS REACT v5 i feel that is better for competitive play than epicbourough it supports slayer and 5 flag gamertag HAZY 710
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Someone remake Onslaught.

Most of these maps are terrible. But at this point, I'll settle for anything that isn't Warlord/Lockdown/Shrine. I'm so -Yoinking!- sick of playing and watching those.
When will we see maps in the Matchmaking?
Someone remake Onslaught.

Most of these maps are terrible. But at this point, I'll settle for anything that isn't Warlord/Lockdown/Shrine. I'm so -Yoinking!- sick of playing and watching those.
It already was made. Not sure why its not being used. Same with the legit pit map that was made
I was excited about seeing at least one ranked matchmaking option but I was more disappointed that the selection of games seems to be the same every time. Need much more variety.
the championship series are legit
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9