OP ZaedynFel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
RhysWX wrote:
I like the return to magnum starts but I still think Mercy Oddball is a competitively viable map with the right weapon settings. Plus it would just be really nice to get at least one new map in the rotation.

Also, no reason the updated grenade launcher and sword can't be added to a few of these maps.
Keep the grenade launcher out of competitive - that gun is a joke. Far too easy to use.
I'm leaning towards Mercy being a decent Oddball map too. I don't mind it. I agree with A SILENT EMU that putting a few other weapons in the HCS would help change things up and be exciting to watch.

I kind of disagree with you RhysWX about the grenade launcher. 343I have changed it to make it more skillful, why not see what it can do.... and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing some crazy bank shots and such with it.

We all love no scopes with the sniper, or sweet doubles with a well placed rocket shot!! ....but just seeing sniper shots and rocket kills all the time as really the only power weapons gets old. The rail isn't bad and the sword WOULD be fine if 343I would just remove the zoom ability on melee weapons!!! God it's such a bad feature! ...anyways, You aren't going to attract new fans watching with the same things over and over again or new players wanting to play Halo 5 either for that matter, in my opinion. The saying of "variety is the spice of life" applies to many things, including Halo.
RhysWX wrote:
I like the return to magnum starts but I still think Mercy Oddball is a competitively viable map with the right weapon settings. Plus it would just be really nice to get at least one new map in the rotation.

Also, no reason the updated grenade launcher and sword can't be added to a few of these maps.
Keep the grenade launcher out of competitive - that gun is a joke. Far too easy to use.
I'm leaning towards Mercy being a decent Oddball map too. I don't mind it. I agree with A SILENT EMU that putting a few other weapons in the HCS would help change things up and be exciting to watch.

I kind of disagree with you RhysWX about the grenade launcher. 343I have changed it to make it more skillful, why not see what it can do.... and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing some crazy bank shots and such with it.

We all love no scopes with the sniper, or sweet doubles with a well placed rocket shot!! ....but just seeing sniper shots and rocket kills all the time as really the only power weapons gets old. The rail isn't bad and the sword WOULD be fine if 343I would just remove the zoom ability on melee weapons!!! God it's such a bad feature! ...anyways, You aren't going to attract new fans watching with the same things over and over again or new players wanting to play Halo 5 either for that matter, in my opinion. The saying of "variety is the spice of life" applies to many things, including Halo.
The thing still curves right into the enemy if you miss - it's still an incredibly easy weapon to use.
ZaedynFel wrote:
The update we promised for the HCS playlist is now live. It currently has the same settings used for the Fall HCS season. We welcome your feedback on how it continues to play here in this thread.
For those curious about Oddball, we’re working closely with HCS teams to test Magnum starts on Oddball maps through custom games. We’ve already received valuable feedback from them. Our goal is to add the best Oddball maps that come out of this process into the HCS playlist and also to feature them as part of the Halo World Championship. We invite you to also participate, so go check out the “Official HCS” bookmarks. Under Game Mode look for “Oddball HCS v1” and for Maps start with “Empire HCS v1”, “Eden HCS v1”, and “The Rig HCS v1”. We’ll be adding maps as we go, but we are starting with a smaller set to keep feedback focused and to polish one small set at a time before moving to the next. If you do play on these maps and have feedback, please post it here and we’ll read it and combine it with what we are hearing from the HCS players.
Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy the playlist!
hallelujah. Now that we have the wonderful (imo) magnum back we can get rid of all rifles on map and we’re good ;)
C0ldM0use wrote:
ZaedynFel wrote:
The update we promised for the HCS playlist is now live. It currently has the same settings used for the Fall HCS season. We welcome your feedback on how it continues to play here in this thread.
For those curious about Oddball, we’re working closely with HCS teams to test Magnum starts on Oddball maps through custom games. We’ve already received valuable feedback from them. Our goal is to add the best Oddball maps that come out of this process into the HCS playlist and also to feature them as part of the Halo World Championship. We invite you to also participate, so go check out the “Official HCS” bookmarks. Under Game Mode look for “Oddball HCS v1” and for Maps start with “Empire HCS v1”, “Eden HCS v1”, and “The Rig HCS v1”. We’ll be adding maps as we go, but we are starting with a smaller set to keep feedback focused and to polish one small set at a time before moving to the next. If you do play on these maps and have feedback, please post it here and we’ll read it and combine it with what we are hearing from the HCS players.
Thanks for your feedback, and enjoy the playlist!
hallelujah. Now that we have the wonderful (imo) magnum back we can get rid of all rifles on map and we’re good ;)
I played like 5 times as much last night when I saw Magnums back in HCS than I did in the last 2 weeks.
I'm actually really sad.

Growing up with a BR in competitive halo is what laid my foundational (and the golden age of Halo's) playstyle. The pistol fails to be a reliable finisher given the thruster pack's ability to bail out a player in a sticky situation.

I spent hundreds to get back into the competitive scene and so far all I have found is that Halo 5 is a Reach Reskin with clamber.

I don't find it very fair that a select chosen few get to dictate that a non bleed pistol should be the default in a game with historically BR starts.
The maps feel good, so far...thanks
I'm actually really sad.

Growing up with a BR in competitive halo is what laid my foundational (and the golden age of Halo's) playstyle. The pistol fails to be a reliable finisher given the thruster pack's ability to bail out a player in a sticky situation.

I spent hundreds to get back into the competitive scene and so far all I have found is that Halo 5 is a Reach Reskin with clamber.

I don't find it very fair that a select chosen few get to dictate that a non bleed pistol should be the default in a game with historically BR starts.
The problem is that H5 sandbox was designed with the magnum in mind from he start. You can't blame a "select chosen few" for the BR not being the main weapon in H5. Most of the "chosen few" have said that they don;t mind if BR or magnum is used for the *NEW* Halo title. However, Halo 5 can't have BR starts in competitive play because the maps, sandbox and game play was designed with AR-Magnums starts.

I'd like to see the BR return in H6 as a starting weapon but for H5 I prefer the magnum.

EDIT: also, there were 9-10 pages on the BR-GF-ODDBALL feedback thread and the vast majority said BR-GF doens't work for H5. You can check the page yourself, I checked every post and there's almost but not close to even 1 post per page that say the BR works. So it wasn't a "chosen few" dictators :p
I'm actually really sad.

"Chosen few" haha. if you actually read the feedback, maybe 1/10 posts prefer the BR. And thats everywhere, here, reddit, twitter, TB.

The BR is a "more consistent finisher" because it gives "partial credit". sweeping for a last headshot is easier than actually having to aim for the last headshot like you have to do with the magnum. The magnum is probably the most consistent gun in the game. If you find it unreliable for finishing with a headshot, it's not the guns fault.
The thing with the magnum is that I know when someone is just better than me. With the BR, I dont.
Apoll0 wrote:
I'm actually really sad.

"Chosen few" haha. if you actually read the feedback, maybe 1/10 posts prefer the BR. And thats everywhere, here, reddit, twitter, TB.

The BR is a "more consistent finisher" because it gives "partial credit". sweeping for a last headshot is easier than actually having to aim for the last headshot like you have to do with the magnum. The magnum is probably the most consistent gun in the game. If you find it unreliable for finishing with a headshot, it's not the guns fault.
Logic like this is exactly why the series has tanked. This game is fundamentally NOT halo. No bleedthrough and no BR. Nuff said
After reading this im happy to see that we can continue to use the current competitive settings. With there being on going testing behind the scenes I would say its a safe bet we as the entire competitive community would be fine with a "HCS testing playlist" seperate from the current settings. Only untill any polished changes or additions are ready to be added should the current hcs playlist/settings ALWAYS stay the same and should not be taken from matchmaking in place to test settings.

Also on a side note - and adding to what spartan "the dog" said in the newly realeased open letter to 343. With the competitive community being the size it is, do not be concerned with the population size in playlist. Although this may seem wrong and you want more people to be interested, seeing the population decrease isnt from the settings being wrong. Yes their is always room for improvement. No, the population in a perticular playlist doesn't mean there has to be change. HCS is an entitity of its own, seperate from griffball, doubles, team arena, ect. THE REASON THE POPULATION DIES OFF IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO TOURNAMENTS ANNOUNCED.

Thats all, Thank you.

P.S. Lets Mike "Strongside" Cavanaugh take over. Please.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Have you considered swapping the Team Arena and HCS playlists around so HCS is on top while TA is on the bottom to see if that will affect the population numbers?
Thank you, I now know i'm not alone. Lol
Apoll0 wrote:
I'm actually really sad.

Logic like this is exactly why the series has tanked. This game is fundamentally NOT halo. No bleedthrough and no BR. Nuff said
Right back at you buddy. its not the BR that makes Halo Halo. This insistence by some people that this particular gun MUST BE the one that is used is nonsense. It's the best gun that makes the most sense to use with the best combination of difficulty, kill time and FUN that should be the starting weapon. In Halo 5, the BR is that not that weapon.

Obligatory, IMO.
Alright gents first time posting on the halo waypoint forums. I have mostly voiced my opinion and feedback on twitter due to the easy use of twitter. Okay so I’ve been playing halo since halo ce. I started getting into the competitive in halo 3 and have had a passion for competitive halo ever since.

I was for br starts... h2 br starts to be specific but when you implemented br starts you nerfed the br so that it was not fun to use. So throw those settings out the door.

I think it is safe to say keep the pistol starts with the ability tracker.

Only power weapons i see I see fit to be in HCS are sniper and rockets.

I know you guys are looking to spice things up in the playlist and the addition of oddball and at least 2 new maps will do the trick.

I will give better and more in depth feedback in the future.
I just thought of an idea. So what if you made the Br back to the old TTK but made the range equal or slightly less than the magnums unscoped range and equal or slightly less than the magnums scoped range when scoped (so equal or less than magnum range scoped and unscoped). And make the DMR a 4 shot (or fire quicker) (the point is equal TTK to BR (old BR)(will match TTK of Hypothetical BR I just spoke of)) and have the range be the current range and aim assist (so same DMR as now, range wise). So it will make the Magnum the utility gun that is slightly outmatched in wrong circumstances against BR and DMR but can be countered with correct map movement and good shots. so in conclusion, you have a BR and DMR that have equal TTK, that has the contrast of close vs long range with the magnum as the medium so the end result will be this:

Close Medium Long
BR: 1 1 3
Magnum: 1.5 1.5 2.5
DMR: 2 1 1
Apoll0 wrote:
I'm actually really sad.

Yes when I go back in time I think of BR and MLG but I actually love the H5 pistol and actually loved the BR before the OT adjustment. The sandbox as a whole is probably one of the greatest accomplishments of this game. Especially once they opened up Dead Zone control. Sure there are others. Whenever I accomplish anything really good in life I just want an announcer to say "Perfect!" in the background. As much as I enjoyed the Reach campaign and the armor customization, Halo 5 is a vastly superior MP game. BR's will likely be start ups again in H6 but until then I will enjoy the Pistol and its pin point consistency and hope the BR comes back to pre-OT for BTB and WZ....because if it got complaints in small map functionality just wait until you play some ultra clunky BTB and WZ. The BR was absolutely worth picking up in 4's pre OT. It was also a trusty pal in WZ and BTB.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6