Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

How much money are prizes at the HCS?

OP Typhaon2393

Hello, I am thinking about becoming an eSporter but I was wondering about what the pots are for each tournaments. Not that it matters, just out of curiosity.
You want to try esports with a 0.5k/d average? You're going up against champions that get perfect matches. I have a better K/D spread than you and I'm nowhere near good enough. You're going to need to be an asset, not a carry, sorry.
suetan124 wrote:
You want to try esports with a 0.5k/d average? You're going up against champions that get perfect matches. I have a better K/D spread than you and I'm nowhere near good enough. You're going to need to be an asset, not a carry, sorry.
yes i know i suck. i was talking about in future years.
I didn't intend to sound mean about it. I'm not that great either, so don't worry about it. Infinite is coming soon and everyone starts fresh with it. Work on accuracy, shooting from cover and learning the nooks and crannies in forge.
suetan124 wrote:
Damn bro, he was just asking a question...
It greatly depends. I’ve seen some that are in just the couple thousands range, while there are world championship prize pools ranging in the hundreds of thousands. I feel Halo 5 has dropped in their cash prizes compared to 2015-2016.
suetan124 wrote:
Champ player here. This sort of attitude is not helpful at all. OP if you ever want some help I can lead you in the right direction. Generally to get good quick someone takes you under their wing. It's what happened to me. You need to be playing a lot OP like i hours a day with better players. Start small get in with diamonds if you cant find champs to help. Of course I could teach you what I know. I probably could have started seriously competing I was doing custom 8s with top 16 placing teams and matchmaking. But again you need to put in the time. I'm fairly well connected to some older dudes but I can point you in the right direction. Locals and grass roots are a good start.
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Champ player here. This sort of attitude is not helpful at all. OP if you ever want some help I can lead you in the right direction. Generally to get good quick someone takes you under their wing. It's what happened to me. You need to be playing a lot OP like i hours a day with better players. Start small get in with diamonds if you cant find champs to help. Of course I could teach you what I know. I probably could have started seriously competing I was doing custom 8s with top 16 placing teams and matchmaking. But again you need to put in the time. I'm fairly well connected to some older dudes but I can point you in the right direction. Locals and grass roots are a good start.
Coddling people doesn't work either. Tell it true. You can instruct people, but from what I've seen in matchmaking, I run into golds running with onyx players a lot (same people on the same team). The golds get carried to rank up. When you match with them again and their onyx isn't there to carry them, they still play at low level gold.

You ever watch Gunplexion? That guy does paid coaching. He'll hop into an octagon with nothing in the way and he'll wipe the floor with your pile of corpses for an hour. Know what you get out of it? Some practice with a sniper with no cover.

Go and take that into a group of randoms in matchmaking. See how far it gets you when you have double the rest of your team's combined kills and you still lose. Yeah, that happened to me tonight. My 23 kills amounted to jack-didly-squat.

Want to win and have it consistent? Get a steady group and run with them. Get better as a team. This is a teamwork based game, even the campaign is teamwork based.

Once the team is doing well, then look into more competitive play.
suetan124 wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Coddling people doesn't work either. Tell it true. You can instruct people, but from what I've seen in matchmaking, I run into golds running with onyx players a lot (same people on the same team). The golds get carried to rank up. When you match with them again and their onyx isn't there to carry them, they still play at low level gold.

You ever watch Gunplexion? That guy does paid coaching. He'll hop into an octagon with nothing in the way and he'll wipe the floor with your pile of corpses for an hour. Know what you get out of it? Some practice with a sniper with no cover.

Go and take that into a group of randoms in matchmaking. See how far it gets you when you have double the rest of your team's combined kills and you still lose. Yeah, that happened to me tonight. My 23 kills amounted to jack-didly-squat.

Want to win and have it consistent? Get a steady group and run with them. Get better as a team. This is a teamwork based game, even the campaign is teamwork based.

Once the team is doing well, then look into more competitive play.
Nah playing with a team at that level will only get you so far. He needs to be playing with onyxs and champs to get better or start competing. Yea I know who gun is and individually really good? But remember there is still a large skill gap between the best online kids and those who compete. Like I said training regardless is good for everyone. Those that want to get to onyx champ level and those being ready to compete. I say he needs some basic training from champ levels. And then get some training from an actual pro once he gets to that level. Probably could do it in a year.
Disregard judgement.

Microsoft 2v2 go out for 1000$.
Grassroot tournaments and player organized usually go for about the same, look on discord groups and try Halo Lives On on Facebook for active, wholesome players.

Halo 5:

World championships went for 2M the first year, 1M the second with CLG winning both I believe.

3rd year 1M, can’t remember who won.

From there I can’t tell , neither for MCC.

I think it really depends on how many people bought content (team skin packs) or how well the game did that year.
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
When I got started with Competitive Halo 5, I started out with custom 8s and 4s so i could get familiar with the settings and spawns. Then I worked my way up to Solo Q etc. Now I've gotten all that down because of that. That was years ago but I think also watching ShyWay on youtube and streamers could also help too.
TormentHCS wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
When I got started with Competitive Halo 5, I started out with custom 8s and 4s so i could get familiar with the settings and spawns. Then I worked my way up to Solo Q etc. Now I've gotten all that down because of that. That was years ago but I think also watching ShyWay on youtube and streamers could also help too.
Exactly and even now and then good players need a jumpstart. Right just like training at a job.
TormentHCS wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Thank you, for now I don't need help.
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Hi Bud,

Exactly the mindset I love. If you still play some customs with good players. I would love to join in to get better. :)
Tetrafy wrote:
suetan124 wrote:
Hi Bud,

Exactly the mindset I love. If you still play some customs with good players. I would love to join in to get better. :)
It's the mindset you should have in the community. Tetrafy is the tag always looking for a warm up and pick up games.
They go for thousands of dollars usually.
Hello, I am thinking about becoming an eSporter but I was wondering about what the pots are for each tournaments. Not that it matters, just out of curiosity.
We have a cool discord server community that's hosting tournaments for pros and lower amateurs the prizes pools have been anywhere from $1,000-$2,500 pots
MGE Loco wrote:
We have a cool discord server community that's hosting tournaments for pros and lower amateurs the prizes pools have been anywhere from $1,000-$2,500 pots
Cool!