I kinda wish that HCS would go back to H5. Don't get me wrong Halo 3 was one of my favorite games of all time but the mcc version doesn't run like the original h3 did on 360. Imo the movement feels clunky and just the overall feel doesn't compare to the original h3. Also I've watched the h3 pro tournaments here in 2019 and I find it kinda dull but when I watch h5 I feel it way more entertaining now with the spring jumps shotzys does and "super jumping"(sprint, slide, thrust, jump) to certain points or across gaps. This is just my opinion but I really would like to see h5 come back in the pro scene until infinite has arrived. Like I said I love Halo 3 but I had it's time we are on the Xbox one now currently and should be watching a game made for the Xbox one not a remake(a not very good one imo) of h3 on Xbox one. Plus I feel with Halo 5 on game pass and advertising the pro tournaments on the front page that pops up to show you shotty Snipes or grifball is back(just an example). They could advertise the h5 pro tournaments on that page and maybe just maybe find some new fans of Halo Esports before Infinite. Idk what do u guys think?
I think Halo 2 or Halo 2A would be good.
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
AR... AR... do you even compete?! The whole first two years was an outcry to remove automatics.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
AR... AR... do you even compete?! The whole first two years was an outcry to remove automatics.
no I dont, but as a watcher its more interesting than pistols so Id rather watch something entertaining than boring. Because all sports is entertainment more than anything else. Also "pro" players simply complain too much so I take little interest in them. Infact id say that halo 5 esports lagged partially because the players and casters were just a bunch of cry babies the entire time.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
AR... AR... do you even compete?! The whole first two years was an outcry to remove automatics.
no I dont, but as a watcher its more interesting than pistols so Id rather watch something entertaining than boring. Because all sports is entertainment more than anything else. Also "pro" players simply complain too much so I take little interest in them. Infact id say that halo 5 esports lagged partially because the players and casters were just a bunch of cry babies the entire time.
It is literally this... competition should never cater to the "entertainment" factor for visual appeal. It is the gameplay and community that should satisfy the entertainment factor.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
AR... AR... do you even compete?! The whole first two years was an outcry to remove automatics.
no I dont, but as a watcher its more interesting than pistols so Id rather watch something entertaining than boring. Because all sports is entertainment more than anything else. Also "pro" players simply complain too much so I take little interest in them. Infact id say that halo 5 esports lagged partially because the players and casters were just a bunch of cry babies the entire time.
It is literally this... competition should never cater to the "entertainment" factor for visual appeal. It is the gameplay and community that should satisfy the entertainment factor.
Im not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing. If you have a sport that is not entertaining, good luck having it survive in the long run no matter how large the community is as a constant growth is needed, therefore making sure it is entertaining is one of the most important factors.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
AR... AR... do you even compete?! The whole first two years was an outcry to remove automatics.
no I dont, but as a watcher its more interesting than pistols so Id rather watch something entertaining than boring. Because all sports is entertainment more than anything else. Also "pro" players simply complain too much so I take little interest in them. Infact id say that halo 5 esports lagged partially because the players and casters were just a bunch of cry babies the entire time.
It is literally this... competition should never cater to the "entertainment" factor for visual appeal. It is the gameplay and community that should satisfy the entertainment factor.
Im not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing. If you have a sport that is not entertaining, good luck having it survive in the long run no matter how large the community is as a constant growth is needed, therefore making sure it is entertaining is one of the most important factors.
The AR is still WAY OVERPOWERED IMO. Have you played team Slayer lately those ARs melt you from half way across the map and it takes NO SKILL TO USE THEM EITHER I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Especially if you "zoom" in now with that AR it's OP crazy. I purposely played a whole game using the AR only on and easily got 16 kills and I quit being so aggressive when we got to 35 kills as well, I could have went for 20 that game and to tell the truth I never EVER EVER use the AR no matter what even in TS, I always use the magnum with some power weapons (snipe, scatter, rockets, etc) because I find it takes a whole lot more skill to use but once you get good with it it's really worth it. But if you run into let's say two guys and both have ARs out from 10(cqc), 15, 20, even 30 feet away those ARs will DESTROY you before you can even get off 2 shots with the magnum. Which is insane. I don't get how watching pros use the magnum instead of the AR is "boring". I find it much more intertaining when a pro back to back 5 shots two guys and barely lives with the magnum, which actually takes skill to use than watching a pro or anyone for that matter shoot an AR, or spray n pray more like it at some1 else to get the kill. All they have to do is aim in the general area by the player to get a kill with the AR it doesn't even have to be on them for the bullets to hit which again takes no skill at all. I mean you have to be aiming right at the player with the magnum for it to hit them not in the general area or just a little bit off and it will still register like the AR. Thats why the magnum is the starting weapon for 1 is because it actually takes skill to use and the AR most definitely does not you just hold the trigger down and "aim" sort of at them and u will get the kill.
Halo 5 just needs to have AR/BR starts and not have the pistol has a starting weapon. Its too functional and dominates the sandbox which makes competitive play kind of the same. Unfortunately its just too strong of a weapon. Honestly its the only weapon that is really too strong in all of Halo 5, everything is really balanced.
First of all the BR is straight trash and the AR is too easy to get kills with. You say the magnum is the only weapon too strong in all of Halo 5? Have you ever used a rocket launcher or the answer? Apparently not. To return to the original topic, I do miss the Halo 5 competitions but, I really like watching Halo 3 rn.
They need to update the ranking system
Kavosis wrote:
They need to update the ranking system
The ranking system is trash
You know i actually agree. Halo Reach is one of my favorite halo games, probably is my favorite actually, and im hesitant to try it on MCC. I feel like CE is okay on MCC, but Reach was way different than all of them, it was a more realistic military game then all of the others. I havent tried it yet, but im planning on it. But i completely understand what youre saying. I didnt even watch the halo 3 Championship that happened a few weeks ago, but i havent missed a halo 5 chanpionship since 2016.
You know i actually agree. Halo Reach is one of my favorite halo games, probably is my favorite actually, and im hesitant to try it on MCC. I feel like CE is okay on MCC, but Reach was way different than all of them, it was a more realistic military game then all of the others. I havent tried it yet, but im planning on it. But i completely understand what youre saying. I didnt even watch the halo 3 Championship that happened a few weeks ago, but i havent missed a halo 5 chanpionship since 2016.
I've played Reach for around 12 hours so far on Steam and I can assure you there's not much to fear - Reach feels just like the original except for the fact that it's smoother this time around and this time Firefight has dedicated servers and not P-T-P ( Peer-To-Peer). Aside from graphical and network improvements not much differs other than the speed in matches - due to being able to change your mouse sensitivity on PC, matches are much more fun and competitive as it's much easier and quicker to turn,aim, and shoot. Unlike CE I believe MCC Reach is almost exactly like the original Reach so I recommend you go ahead and try it :)