Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Infinite eSports on PC or Xbox?

OP F is 4 Fate

Hey guys. How y'all doing?

I was just thinking, with Halo Reach eSports on PC, will PC be where it's at for Halo Infinite's comp scene? It very well could be. I do think it would possibly be a bad idea to force every serious competitive am/pro who doesn't have a gaming PC to go out and spend hundreds (even sometimes thousands) on a gaming PC so they can practice on it for tourneys if they wanna be prepared well, but it *could* work.

What do you guys think of it? Halo eSports on PC? Why or why not? Also, crossplay or no crossplay?
Maybe pc, xbox is a must.I hope that 343i will let pc players be part of the eSports.Due to the decreasing number of halo players, and the uncertain sales volume of the next generation of xbox, halo shouldn't be bound to one platform. Otherwise it may lose its popularity quickly.

Whether there is a need for a gaming pc largely depends on the new slipspace engine's performance on pc. And personally I don't think many people will buy a gaming pc just for the tourney.

Personally I think it's better to make pc and xbox seperate, not only because pc players basically use keyboards and mouse, but also can halo keep its popularity by holding two types of matches in turn, filling the gap year.

But if there aren't enough pc players, then pc players should be combined with xbox players in competiton, all players should use the Xbox controller, out of fairness. And I assume most halo players would agree that controller is a better option for playing halo.

Crossplay of course. At the start of the release of MCC on pc, I worried that there will be hackers, but I have never met one so far, simply because of its low popularity. And as I have mentioned above, keyboards or controllers is not a big problem.
Hey guys. How y'all doing?

I was just thinking, with Halo Reach eSports on PC, will PC be where it's at for Halo Infinite's comp scene? It very well could be. I do think it would possibly be a bad idea to force every serious competitive am/pro who doesn't have a gaming PC to go out and spend hundreds (even sometimes thousands) on a gaming PC so they can practice on it for tourneys if they wanna be prepared well, but it *could* work.

What do you guys think of it? Halo eSports on PC? Why or why not? Also, crossplay or no crossplay?
On PC there are more people follow the Esport definitely PC is more competitive than The Xbox console in my opinion