Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Interest in Following Halo Esports

OP brrc88

For a while I’ve been interested in learning about Halo Esports so that I can follow the competitions and to know more about the popular teams, players, and Halo Esports history. As of right now, I now pretty much nothing about it and feel overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. Does anyone have any tips on where or how to start? Thanks in advance. :)
This is probably the best place to start.
What do you need help with? Understanding fundamentals? Which direction to take? History? Finding a team? Playing in tournaments?
Syxnrgy wrote:
What do you need help with? Understanding fundamentals? Which direction to take? History? Finding a team? Playing in tournaments?
Not anything to do with participating but I guess fundamentals and history and where to find that information.
brrc88 wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:
Not anything to do with participating but I guess fundamentals and history and where to find that information.
So this is the interesting thing about fundamentals and finding the information... it is difficult at best. Most of what is known is done through word of mouth of the players each with their own opinion and style on said fundamentals; everyone is slightly different to how they perceive them and how they relate to their playstyles.
For a quick summary of Halo esports from Combat Evolved to present, check out this video called, "The Rise and Fall of Halo esports." Despite the gloomy title, it has a positive outlook on the future of the Halo esport scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtly012oC10

To get a feel for the most recent scene and to become familiar with players, maps, game types, etc., check out Halo's YouTube channel and watch past streams of recent HCS events. I'd recommend starting with London Day 1 (linked below) as it features the current map/game type combinations. Day 1 of the 2018 Finals is uploaded and 343 is in the process of getting Day 2 and Championship Sunday uploaded so keep an eye out for those as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-Vp1DbYx0
brrc88 wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:
Halo Retrospect Documentary by Zola
Most of the times is better to watch content. I follow the Halo channel on Mixer and Twitch and as well check up on the twitter account. I know very little about the background and history of it but yeah, it's pretty much what other say.
Watching without understanding does nothing for learning, simply a entertainment point.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Watching without understanding does nothing for learning, simply a entertainment point.
Yes same idea hally holidays Spartan 👍
There needs to be understanding because then players can recognize and respect why professional players do what they do and how difficult some of the actions they do are.
brrc88 wrote:
For a while I’ve been interested in learning about Halo Esports so that I can follow the competitions and to know more about the popular teams, players, and Halo Esports history. As of right now, I now pretty much nothing about it and feel overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. Does anyone have any tips on where or how to start? Thanks in advance. :)
Here's a bit of information on teams in the HCS. EnVyUs was the best team. Don't understand why Envy released them.