Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Keyboard vs Controller in HCS?

OP fisk99

I know they are planning to reveal how Keyboard vs Controller will work in the near future (if it will happen at all), but does anyone else feel they might separate tournaments and leagues based on conferences?

What I mean by "conferences" is, something similar to the NHL and the NBA has a "West" and "East" conference, but instead I'd assume for Halo it would be "Controller" and "Keyboard" Conferences, and then have the Conference Champions face-off in the "Grand Finale" of a tournament or league play.

I at least hope they have something like this planned, because I don't like the idea of only having a PC champion and an Xbox champion, and no "grand champion", but what do I know. This is just a theory of mine lol.
I don't. Its sucks playing Keyboard and mouse users in other games. When watching people play Halo with a keyboard and mouse, their aim is too good. Because it is too easy. I am pissed they are giving controller and keyboard and mouse attention. Halo never has. Keyboard and mouse are for nerds. pitting them against controllers is stupid and unfair.l
I don't. Its sucks playing Keyboard and mouse users in other games. When watching people play Halo with a keyboard and mouse, their aim is too good. Because it is too easy. I am pissed they are giving controller and keyboard and mouse attention. Halo never has. Keyboard and mouse are for nerds. pitting them against controllers is stupid and unfair.l
This sums it up exactly. Though, I did remember they allowed kbm nd controller players to play with each other in the Dreamhack 2018? Or was it 2017? It was the Reach PC tourney. Forgot.
Its actually pretty even in my opinion there have been several tournaments in the past where both controller and keyboards we're around and the controller players won by a landslide most of the time
I have not seen professional gamers who have a preference for mouse and keyboard, the truth will be for something.
The elite controller helps cuz taking your thump off ABXY hurts game play, but the mouse i feel does have an edge on controller aiming
I see a lot of modern competitive cross play games with ranked systems being surprisingly split between controller and KB/M - unsure how the Esports for infinite will work it though, Perhaps having split categories is the most fair way to go...
I like the idea of having 2 separate championships as it is only fair. Putting Controller and Keyboard/Mouse together would be unfair. Keyboard/Mouse always had the upper advantage
fisk99 wrote:
I know they are planning to reveal how Keyboard vs Controller will work in the near future (if it will happen at all), but does anyone else feel they might separate tournaments and leagues based on conferences?

What I mean by "conferences" is, something similar to the NHL and the NBA has a "West" and "East" conference, but instead I'd assume for Halo it would be "Controller" and "Keyboard" Conferences, and then have the Conference Champions face-off in the "Grand Finale" of a tournament or league play.

I at least hope they have something like this planned, because I don't like the idea of only having a PC champion and an Xbox champion, and no "grand champion", but what do I know. This is just a theory of mine lol.
In the live stream about the Technical Preview they said that you can use both a controller and a keyboard on console as well as PC.