Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Keyboard vs Controller in HCS?

OP fisk99

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't. Its sucks playing Keyboard and mouse users in other games. When watching people play Halo with a keyboard and mouse, their aim is too good. Because it is too easy. I am pissed they are giving controller and keyboard and mouse attention. Halo never has. Keyboard and mouse are for nerds. pitting them against controllers is stupid and unfair.l
halo ce was originally a pc game moved to console.. so you’re wrong. and also, aim assist in lots of games (fortnite, apex, warzone) is extremely powerful. aim assist is busted in halo as well (i’m a halo 5 onyx player, halo 3 level 50, halo 2 lvl 37) so i’m no stranger to controller.
I don't. Its sucks playing Keyboard and mouse users in other games. When watching people play Halo with a keyboard and mouse, their aim is too good. Because it is too easy. I am pissed they are giving controller and keyboard and mouse attention. Halo never has. Keyboard and mouse are for nerds. pitting them against controllers is stupid and unfair.l
A lot of MKB hate going around. I play on MKB and everyone should be able to play on which ever input they choose to. Also need to clarify that because someone is on PC doesn't mean they are using MKB. Some players prefer PC and can still use their controller, this is how the CDL is run.

Now for ranked/HCS I don't see how there is any possibility they allow both input methods to compete against each other. No matter how balanced the inputs are at the end of the day they are not equal and each have pros/cons. For a competitive environment where there is money on the line the playing field needs to be as even as possible to allow players skill to shine. Perhaps they will have a MKB division but as far as I can tell controller on PC is the best scenario for HCS
EssGeeee wrote:
A lot of MKB hate going around. I play on MKB and everyone should be able to play on which ever input they choose to. Also need to clarify that because someone is on PC doesn't mean they are using MKB. Some players prefer PC and can still use their controller, this is how the CDL is run.

Now for ranked/HCS I don't see how there is any possibility they allow both input methods to compete against each other. No matter how balanced the inputs are at the end of the day they are not equal and each have pros/cons. For a competitive environment where there is money on the line the playing field needs to be as even as possible to allow players skill to shine. Perhaps they will have a MKB division but as far as I can tell controller on PC is the best scenario for HCS
They prolly will have two divisions tbh. It's most likely, but for this first event in Raleigh idts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2