Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Last Halo 5 Tournament?

OP RPG445

I keep hearing the commentators saying Dreamhack 2018 is the last Halo 5 tournament. So for 2019 are they going to a Halo Infinite beta? Or are they just going back to MCC?
Dreamhack Atlanta is the last "Officially Sanctioned" 343i Halo 5 tournament. All tournaments that happen from here till Halo Infinite's release will not be run by 343i (they will be community run). There has been no released schedule for said possible community events and NO, the Halo Infinite Beta will not be a part of an officially 343i sanctioned tournament.
Dreamhack Atlanta is the last "Officially Sanctioned" 343i Halo 5 tournament. All tournaments that happen from here till Halo Infinite's release will not be run by 343i (they will be community run). There has been no released schedule for said possible community events and NO, the Halo Infinite Beta will not be a part of an officially 343i sanctioned tournament.
And who said they're not moving to Infinite exactly? Unless the claim comes from 343 themselves, I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt.
RPG445 wrote:
And who said they're not moving to Infinite exactly? Unless the claim comes from 343 themselves, I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt.
You need to re-read my post. Closely. I said, "All tournaments that happen from here till Halo Infinite's release will not be run by 343i (they will be community run)." I never said they weren't moving to Halo Infinite. They are moving to Halo Infinite. I'm talking about the tournaments between now and then.
Yeah, no more tournaments....
Kind of glad it's sad seeing halo tournaments with only like 1000 people watching
Appetight wrote:
Kind of glad it's sad seeing halo tournaments with only like 1000 people watching
There were over 60k people watching HCS Finals. Where were you?
Halo Tutor wrote:
Appetight wrote:
Sorry I'm late don't follow this game too much anymore. This website says the average concurrent viewers was 8717 viewers with the overall peak being 22,562 viewers.... Where do you see 60k? do 60k people even play Halo 5?
Appetight wrote:
Halo Tutor wrote:
Appetight wrote:
Sorry I'm late don't follow this game too much anymore. This website says the average concurrent viewers was 8717 viewers with the overall peak being 22,562 viewers.... Where do you see 60k? do 60k people even play Halo 5?
Oh yeah my bad here is the link: https://esc.watch/tournaments/halo5/hcs-2018-finals
Appetight wrote:
Halo Tutor wrote:
Appetight wrote:
Since people were informed of getting something in Halo Infinite if reached ranked 152 in Halo 5 I'm pretty sure it's close. But then again I'm not putting into consideration one person having more than one account.
I don't think Halo infinite is coming right away. Still some wait to go...