Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Microsoft Store Tournaments in 2019?

OP x Doppler x

Hoping to see a real "Grass Roots" effort by Microsoft in 2019 with more store tournaments? This is the true seed for promoting the game with the help of local players. Consider each store as a team, different areas as a division. The participants could promote their teams by soliciting participation with the help of the local stores, 343 might help by sending pro team members to observe, promote and coach.

This would be WAY to much fun! People visiting the stores would inquire about the gameplay and want in. Local-lans is how Halo started right?

Will, there be store lans this year and if so LET'S GO!
I'm not sure if the turnout for the last series of Microsoft stores can justify doing many more, however I think if they offer other things besides H3 2v2 it would be a great idea. I'd also like to see an upgrade to the prizes if they choose to do this again.
The Lan's at the Microsoft stores were a lot of fun last year and very lightly attended. What I am proposing is to solicit past players to attend and work with the store's employees on the game stations. The only people that can rally the troops are players of Halo themselves, a little backing from 343 and it is an easy sell to get people to show up.
Bro they need to continue the store tournaments because they were lit...
The whole concept revolves around local players promoting attendance to the stores. If 343 would send retired pro's to coach for the day attendance would blow up. For example, our local NFL team sent retired players to the different locations to watch the playoff games. Just let us die-hard Halo fans have a chance!
Just FYI, a slew of new Microsoft Store tournaments were recently announced.
Looking for a team to scrim today for the 2v2 tomorrow
Just FYI, a slew of new Microsoft Store tournaments were recently announced.
This is all good information and will make it easier for me to attend in the future. More needs to be done to make these store tournaments work and the work should be assigned to the local players along with the stores. A reminder email of the dates, who is attending, and then a recap story of the event. Results, photos, and the story need to be posted or emailed to everyone interested on Monday after the Lan.

I only found out about today's Lan yesterday, and have decided to work on my house maintenance rather than attend. At this time no one has signed up at my local store which played a big part in my decision. If I read that a buncha people attend, see photos, results there is NO way I would miss the next Lan. This formula has worked for other Sporting events I have marketed in my area. It should work for Halo!
Hoping to see a real "Grass Roots" effort by Microsoft in 2019 with more store tournaments? This is the true seed for promoting the game with the help of local players. Consider each store as a team, different areas as a division. The participants could promote their teams by soliciting participation with the help of the local stores, 343 might help by sending pro team members to observe, promote and coach.

This would be WAY to much fun! People visiting the stores would inquire about the gameplay and want in. Local-lans is how Halo started right?

Will, there be store lans this year and if so LET'S GO!
I hope for the ms store on Italy
I just tried to call my local Microsoft store, and you get forwarded to a call center. The call center was unable to get anyone from the store to answer the phone. I wanted to find out how many people attended, maybe who won, how long did the Lan last. Nothing on the web site, these are the little things that seed a true grassroots effort. The only thing to do is to step up myself attend the next Lan, write a blurb about the day and take a couple photos. Note to self, get a phone number of one of the employees at my local store to obtain better information.