Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Next HaloWC Announcement Update

OP Tashi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey everyone, Tashi here to provide an update on HaloWC and next announcements. As I discussed in my blog and on the Halo Livestream last month, the Halo Championship Series has been undergoing some significant changes this year – changes that players, fans, and organizations have been asking us for, and that we're excited about too. When making changes like formats and signing with new partners, for example, we need to make sure we’re re-laying the foundation the right way, and certain aspects can take time. Business and legal teams are currently ironing out final details, and we’re looking to get the next major announcements out after the Thanksgiving holiday. Rest assured we are moving as fast as we reasonably can while ensuring all of the right pieces are falling into place.

Here’s what you can expect in the announcement:
  • Cities, dates, and venues for all qualification events
  • Partners for each region
  • Initial format details

We’ll also be revealing the new HaloWC 2018 logo, which we hope everyone loves as much as we do. Shortly after, we’ll be releasing more specific format details on where players can sign up to compete, roster rules, points systems, etc.

We are certainly aware that players and fans are very hungry for new details, and many parties are working hard to deliver that news as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience,

Tashi
Very excited for these announcements and happy that 343 industries is responding to feedback and implementing changes.
Halo is coming back!!!! I am very excited for the new updates!!!! Thank you Tashi for all the hard work! Will be be seeing more info have Microsoft store Tourneys as well?
Will we have the chance to earn the Challenger armor if we watch it during the Livestream?
J Lo Halo wrote:
Halo is coming back!!!! I am very excited for the new updates!!!! Thank you Tashi for all the hard work! Will be be seeing more info have Microsoft store Tourneys as well?
Thanks for the support man. We're still locking in plans for the 2018 tournaments but we've got some awesome stuff cooking. You headed to the FFA at UVillage this Sunday?
Crossing my fingers that you guys come to Colorado again, but seems kinda unlikely since you were just here. Overall very excited for the announcements coming soon.
I was so stoked when you guys announced a Halo 5 run for 2018, the last 2 years of HCS have been an absolute blast to watch - especially over the last year helping out on Mixer. Looking forward to hearing about what's coming and can't wait to see that new logo. Maybe next year I can finally jump on the train and make it down to London :)
*Hopes for MLG's return*
I don't follow professional Halo like I did in high school. However I do like dropping by on Twitch occasionally and watching it.
Thanks for the hard work Tashi and I hope all works out!
Glad 343 is listening to its community. That’s all we really ask for (besides making the next kick -Yoink- Halo game)!! Excited to see these changes.
Any chance that there is HWC qualifiers for Asia?:)
Looking forward to it, Tashi. Thanks for the update.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
What this guys said
That’s great, however, I have to agree with Bad at Halo’s Taz on this one. We need this information i.e. when, where and how this next season is going to go, yesterday. I will say that Halo 5 has been excellent gameplay wise. The game is killer! The HCS is beyond fun, but the competitive nature of gaming right now demands a bit more urgency on the end if you fine folks. Not an urgency to rush an event or a release fudging aspects that could potentially ruin or taint the product, but an urgency to keep faithful halo players in halo, and to recruit other new players.
Halo is the best first person shooter franchise ever. By “best” I mean it is the most challenging and dynamic FPS over the scope of its games. The more I go back and play all the titles, the better it gets. That’s incredible. You know this. It was not the first but it did it best: to the point where people are still grinding all of the them and it is still
entertaining to watch or participate. I play Mario for nostalgia, but I get back and try to beat Pillar of Autumn, Gravemind etc. for the new aspects and dynamics that crop up every time I delve.

Ranting ...

Get On With It!!

I am behind you folks, and support your efforts, because you are the ones who will eventually be making the final decisions and I am hopeful and excited to see what comes next. Just let us know what is happening and where it is going STAT.

If it sounds desperate, it is, after a fashion. Not in the way rabid iPhone -Yoinks!- froth every 6 months (guilty) for the next new thing, but rather a desperation born from anxiety that Halo - ahhh our beloved muse! - is not in the number one spot anymore, and probably never will return to be honest . This causes an anxiety to all who love the franchise and who know how good the games are, but fear that others are missing it. Peace, happy turkey day .
Will we be seeing the HCS pack?
Quote:
J Lo Halo wrote:
Thanks for the support man. We're still locking in plans for the 2018 tournaments but we've got some awesome stuff cooking. You headed to the FFA at UVillage this Sunday?
Tashi! I missed the FFA :( my car was not wanting to work... I will be at the next event! I heard it was awesome!
Thanksgiving has come and gone, Christmas holidays will be upon us in a few weeks and qualification begins in January.

Still waiting for an announcement updating the announcement update.

Edit:

Because posting on Waypoint is, at best, an afterthought for 343 employees, here's something from Twitter.

Quote:
We are still heads down locking in the final pieces, but are really close. Really hate to be vague here but we will announce everything as soon as we are able to. Thanks for your patience, confident you'll like what we've got coming. @Tashi343i
Are the flag skins going to be bought with req points or with money or both
I hope req points but probably have either the option for purchase or no req points at all.
I hope req points but probably have either the option for purchase or no req points at all.
yeah i dont know if they are going to be money or req points,money or both hop its going to be both req points and money
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2