Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

OpTic Leaving Halo

OP Exenius

In addition to this, SnakeBite tweeted out a little more context
https://twitter.com/SnakeBiteFPS/status/971884051354316802?s=19
Quote:
Just to keep it simple and keep people in the loop. Our team and the new OpTic couldn't come to an agreement. Thank you to Hecz for the opportunity, all of the OG members for taking us in like family, and to the #GreenWall for accepting us as your halo team Much love
Pretty crazy news to be hearing. Wonder who the guys will end up with next and how this will affect the Halo WC finals, interesting times ahead
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Just to keep it simple and keep people in the loop. Our team and the new OpTic couldn't come to an agreement. Thank you to Hecz for the opportunity, all of the OG members for taking us in like family, and to the #GreenWall for accepting us as your halo team Much love
Pretty crazy news to be hearing. Wonder who the guys will end up with next and how this will affect the Halo WC finals, interesting times ahead
Interesting to see the differences between Snakebite's tweet and the official statement. The official statement makes it sound like they where leaving because the Halo competitive scene wasn't worth investing their time and money in. Snakebite's tweet however gives a much different impression.
Exenius wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
Interesting to see the differences between Snakebite's tweet and the official statement. The official statement makes it sound like they where leaving because the Halo competitive scene wasn't worth investing their time and money in. Snakebite's tweet however gives a much different impression.
what other impression are you getting from Snakebite's tweet? The most likely scenario is that their contracts were up and 'new Optic' couldn't justify paying them their current salary going forward with how little viewership Halo gets and no new game on the horizon.

Paying player salaries = investing in the comp scene
x AVA x wrote:
Exenius wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:
what other impression are you getting from Snakebite's tweet? The most likely scenario is that their contracts were up and 'new Optic' couldn't justify paying them their current salary going forward with how little viewership Halo gets and no new game on the horizon.

I understand that, but why would they do it now in the middle of the 2018 series while they are looking favorable to win worlds? It just seems like if it really was for business purposes they would have either waited until after worlds is over or do it before they had already played in a few of the tournaments.
Exenius wrote:
x AVA x wrote:
Exenius wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Quote:

I understand that, but why would they do it now in the middle of the 2018 series while they are looking favorable to win worlds? It just seems like if it really was for business purposes they would have either waited until after worlds is over or do it before they had already played in a few of the tournaments.
why now? because now is when their contract expired and obviously 'just keeping them until after worlds' wasn't something they agreed upon
Sad news, but I wonder if Team Liquid, Cloud9, Evil Geniuses, Luminosity Gaming, or Counter Logic Gaming have interest in returning to Halo and picking up the former Optic Gaming squad?

The strength of the squad should draw interest from a few organizations that aren't current sporting a Halo team I'd think. I also imagine having MLG back helps too.

If none of those organizations have interest I wonder if FaZe Clan or NRG eSports would have interest?

If no organization shows interest in arguably the strongest squad that's got to be a bad sign for Halo eSports; though, maybe the team members have set their price too high? I dunno. Sad times nonetheless.
Very sad day
They should come back
Nobody needs Optic
As long as the players are still around- that's all that matters.
Orgs have always came and gone
D M4N8 wrote:
Nobody needs Optic
i mean you do realize with optic leaving halo its bound to drop drastically in viewership..
D M4N8 wrote:
Nobody needs Optic
i mean you do realize with optic leaving halo its bound to drop drastically in viewership..
Seemed the same or maybe even a bit higher this last tournament
D M4N8 wrote:
Nobody needs Optic
I think optic is changing their name and bluffing on it.
I see it happen all the time.
Contracts don't get renewed or there just isn't enough money to pay salaries compared to profit.
Optic has always been a big staple and pinnacle as a team and it is a disappointing to see them go.

It is a shame, but it isn't something anyone can control.
So sad 😢
Meh, Optic's viewership surge was only when Optic was on stage and it wasn't that much outside of events like Worlds. Also, Optic has been gone for awhile now and I highly doubt they're coming back at least for this game.
Disappointing. One of the best teams ever
Optic Gaming wishes they're still in the Halo scene ...

#Epic