Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Penalties for Unsportsmanlike conduct in HCS?

OP ShotAces

Should there be penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct in the HCS tournaments?

I know it would be difficult to enforce whatever sort of penalty it is because the game is a video game. You can’t really give someone something like a 10 yard penalty in a video game haha. So if there were to be a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, what would it be?

For the cases of t-bagging and shooting the dead body, maybe the action itself is enough of a penalty. By t-bagging you’re not moving to where you should be. By shooting the body, you’re not looking where you should be?

What about excessive celebrations?

Does this question even matter? Tell me why or why not.
Teabagging is a bit low, especially at the highest level of play. I don't think there should be a penalty as the player perpetrating is vulnerable to a surprise attack from the other team. If there had to be a penalty, I would say subtract a point from the teams score.
Teabagging is a bit low, especially at the highest level of play. I don't think there should be a penalty as the player perpetrating is vulnerable to a surprise attack from the other team. If there had to be a penalty, I would say subtract a point from the teams score.
It would be pretty difficult to program that in. And in CTF it would be too big of an impact to subtract a whole point. For slayer, I guess you could make the score unlimited, and then if someone t-bags, their team would have to go to 51 instead of 50.
Unsportsmenlike conduct penalties have existed in competitive Halo since MLG had the games on their pro circuit. Gandhi talks about it a little bit in his 2006 recap video.
Unsportsmenlike conduct penalties have existed in competitive Halo since MLG had the games on their pro circuit. Gandhi talks about it a little bit in his 2006 recap video.
But there are a new video about this?
nah lol being “unsporting” is never gonna die in halo and it shouldn’t be punished imo