Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Qualifing for HCS finals ?

OP SF Neto 01

So ive been playing halo all my life , but started to take it serious in Halo 4 and even more serious with Halo 5. I want to push my ability to the next level , ive never gone to any Halo event in my life Im from Mexico and the event is in March. I planning on going to it. But I have some questions , i know information hasnt been released yet but i think most of my questions can be answer based on other Wolrd championships.
The team which i will compete has to have everyone in the team born in Latam?
Is there usually some kind of qualification process before the event? Or can i just arrive to the event with my team and still be able to qualify ?
How old do i have to be to be able to enter ?
Usually , how much does a ticket cost?
Is there a limit of people that can register for the FFA tourney? Is the registration before or after the event?
In a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being nothing and 10 being a lot) How much is my chance of qualifing for the Finals affected if I dont go to the first event in Orlando?
And this last question is to someone who has gone to multiple events.
Do you think this being my first event will make me nervous and make me play worse ?
Thanks.
I will try and answer to the best of my ability.

- No. At least three out of four people have to be born in the LATAM region.

Is there usually some kind of qualification process before the event?
- Yes. You have to go through an open event/cup. You can't just show up.

Or can i just arrive to the event with my team and still be able to qualify ?
See the previous answer. You will have to compete in the March 17-18 Open LAN event to qualify for worlds.

-13. If you are 17 or younger you will have to get your parent's/guardian's approval- though.

Team~$50 USD
FFA~$25 USD

Is there a limit of people that can register for the FFA tourney?

-Not that I know of.

Is the registration before or after the event?
- Before?

In a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being nothing and 10 being a lot) How much is my chance of qualifing for the Finals affected if I dont go to the first event in Orlando?
- 1 (more than likely)

Do you think this being my first event will make me nervous and make me play worse ?
- Yes. You do stupid mistakes for some reason.

I have answered all your questions to the best of my ability- but things might change with MLG taking over. Also the manual will be coming out "soon"- so be on the lookout for that in order to make sure that I was right or wrong.
D M4N8 wrote:
I will try and answer to the best of my ability.

- No. At least three out of four people have to be born in the LATAM region.

Is there usually some kind of qualification process before the event?
- Yes. You have to go through an open event/cup. You can't just show up.

Or can i just arrive to the event with my team and still be able to qualify ?
See the previous answer. You will have to compete in the March 17-18 Open LAN event to qualify for worlds.

-13. If you are 17 or younger you will have to get your parent's/guardian's approval- though.

Team~$50 USD
FFA~$25 USD

Is there a limit of people that can register for the FFA tourney?

-Not that I know of.

Is the registration before or after the event?
- Before?

- 1 (more than likely)

- Yes. You do stupid mistakes for some reason.

I have answered all your questions to the best of my ability- but things might change with MLG taking over. Also the manual will be coming out "soon"- so be on the lookout for that in order to make sure that I was right or wrong.
I made a grammar mistake in a question , it was meant to be “Is te registration before or AT the event (for the FFA)” lol
Thank you very much bro :)