Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

The Finals Are Upon Us!

OP DaxSeven09

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
The finals are here are and we have our twelve teams! I have been looking forward to this since last year. I made it a point to watch as much of each qualifier as I could. I am a big Halo fan in general, and I love watching the pros play this game. I love it so much I will be watching the stream the whole weekend.

I made this thread in the hopes of having a place to discuss the matches, the teams, the streams and the announcers. Basically the whole thing. The twitch chat is horrendous, and reddit doesn't have much traffic for talking about these events, at least from what I saw. Any discussion about the Gold pack codes, that we will hopefully be seeing needs to go here please: Gold Packs For The Finals...We Hope. Thank you, this will help us stay on topic in both places and not risk the possibility the threads being locked.

In case you aren't up to speed. Here is a link for a refresher, Las Vegas Qualifier Recap. Also there is some good stuff they let us know in the 3.16 update. Keep in mind you have to scroll pretty far down past all the Halo Wars 2 stuff to get to the HCS info.

The main info on schedule, and the break down of the teams is here HaloWC 2017 Finals Preview.

In a nutshell here are the times to watch: There is more detail about the matches and the times in the Finals Preview.

Friday – Group Play – 10AM PT | 1PM ET | 6PM GMT
Saturday – Double elimination bracket begins – 10AM PT | 1PM ET | 6PM GMT
Championship Sunday – Final bracket matches – 10AM PT | 1PM ET | 6PM GMT

Here is where to watch:

Bravo stream: twitch.tv/ESL_Halo, beam.pro/HaloWC2, facebook.com/ESLHalo
Main stream: beam.pro/Halo, twitch.tv/halo, facebook.com/Halo and esl.twitter.com

In the 3.16 update there was a hint of another platform that they will also be broadcasting on. (I don't know if they have announced what that is yet, but I will keep an eye our for it, and add it when I find it.) The other platform will be on twitter. There are 7 different places to watch. This is going to be interesting to see how this all turns out in terms of the broadcast itself.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch most of the final matches, and my team made it to the world final, but didn't win the qualifiers. It's all good though. I believe they will take it again! I have taken time off from work to watch every bit of these finals! Am I the only one out there that takes Halo to this extreme.....nah, I can't be.

Let me know who else will be watching, who you want/think will win it all, and discuss a little gameplay as is happens.

Are you guys as ready as I am!?

Oh yeah, don't forget about Halo.gg

Edit: There is more info here: Community Update: March Madness with some additional videos and whatnot. Make sure to check it out!
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
Exenius wrote:
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
That is unfortunate, but I will be making a thread in the Halo 5 section for the gold codes too. Keep an eye out for that.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Exenius wrote:
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
That is unfortunate, but I will be making a thread in the Halo 5 section for the gold codes too. Keep an eye out for that.
I really hope NV does well. But mainly I want bubus team to do very well.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Exenius wrote:
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
That is unfortunate, but I will be making a thread in the Halo 5 section for the gold codes too. Keep an eye out for that.
I really hope NV does well. But mainly I want bubus team to do very well.
That would be cool. Especially with what they've gone through to get there.
I added some changes to the OP concerning where to watch. There will be two streams a Main Stage stream and a Bravo stream. A link to more details on those are in the OP title HaloWC 2017 Finals Preview. Make sure to check it out before game time so you know where to go to see watch the team you want.
Awesome thread! I'm excited for the Halo WC 2017, wish I could be there in person but it didn't work out. I'll be watching as much as possible (and obviously the Grand Finals).
Exenius wrote:
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
Same here I will be working but hopefully I wach the grand finals
Thanks for setting this up yet again. I will probably miss most of the Friday stream. If life is forgiving, I will be watching Saturday and Sunday.
Awesome thread! I'm excited for the Halo WC 2017, wish I could be there in person but it didn't work out. I'll be watching as much as possible (and obviously the Grand Finals).
A1NZ wrote:
Exenius wrote:
I'm pumped too. Unfortunate that I'll have to miss about half of it because of my work schedule.
Same here I will be working but hopefully I wach the grand finals
Thanks for setting this up yet again. I will probably miss most of the Friday stream. If life is forgiving, I will be watching Saturday and Sunday.
Awesome guys! Also make sure to follow this thread as well: Gold Packs For The Finals...We Hope. I know it may be a little confusing, but the last time, with the gold pack thread, I wanted to post about the games but didn't want to go too far off topic.

I thought this would be the best solution. I am really getting ready for this. Listening to all the podcasts and whatnot, and keeping an eye out on twitter. Man, it's going to be epic for me since this will be the first time I have arranged my time to watch it all!
Quick team summary
Optic: Snakebite(Team Captain), Royal 2 (owns Blue Cave), Frosty (Top 2 Map movement), and Lethul (the best glue player in the scene) This is a very powerful team who have consistently won on LAN and Online.

Team Liquid
Rayne and Penguin (Hard to talk about one without the other. They have been an incredible duo, and are extremely skilled), Eco(Has an estranged twin brother in unlegit. His twin hasnt been around for a while tho), Stellur (I think ESL hates him because of what happened to e6, Still a great player.) This is the most consistent team behind optic, and seem to be their grestest challenger since the most recent pro league final.

Team EnvyUs
Snipedown(Left EG a while back to create the team to beat Optic. Very good shot.), Pistola(Awesome person. Not to forget he is a WIZARD), Huke (Was too young to compete in COD, so he moved to Halo. the FPS KING), Mikwen(Wears a beanie, if he does well NV dominates, and vice versa. Sort of an X Factor.) NV has been sorta shaky for the last couple of months. But they have still held top 4. So dont count them out.

Str8 Rippin
APG ( Holy image ), Ace (Gets kinda tired sometimes, but performs really well under pressure.), Heinz(Been around for a while but still holds up throughout), Renegade ( Lanegade, Renegod, whatever you want to call him) The Str8 name has been around for a long time in Halo. This team picked up the name a while ago, and have been doing good by it.

Luminosity Gaming
Ninja (remember kids, if you want to play at worlds, grind H1Z1), Saiyan (New guy who picked up the old name. Great teammate), Victory X (One of the most consistent well playing pros in the franchise), and El Town (The definitive OBJ player) Luminosity has been on fire recently, and the Victory, Ninja combo is incredible to watch.

Splyce
Shooter(Taken the captain role recently, great team player), Bubu Dubu (Spam bubu take my dubu every time you see him play), Falcated and Shottzy( Brothers that played Team Beyond doubles tournaments alot. Made it pro. Extremely skilled. Shottzy is in top 2 for map movement)
A team full of young guns that have proven they should be taken seriously. Dont be suprised if Shottzy carries

PNDA gam... I mean Crowd Pleasers.
After some BS loophole Cratos found that almost left old Bubu and Shooter out of pro league, he found a free spot and picked up 3 free agents. Naded, Str8 Sick, and Nemassist. After what may be the dumbest drop of H5, ALG dropped Danoxide on his 18th Birthday. He was picked up by this team, replacing Nemassist, and the team made it to Worlds. Right after beating ALG. Anyway, to the summaries. Naded (Fan favorite, awesome person, competed for a long time.), Danoxide (21st Century Pterodactyl), Str8 Sick (Not to be confused with
Rustyky wrote:
Quick team summary
Optic: Snakebite(Team Captain), Royal 2 (owns Blue Cave), Frosty (Top 2 Map movement), and Lethul (the best glue player in the scene) This is a very powerful team who have consistently won on LAN and Online.

Team Liquid
Rayne and Penguin (Hard to talk about one without the other. They have been an incredible duo, and are extremely skilled), Eco(Has an estranged twin brother in unlegit. His twin hasnt been around for a while tho), Stellur (I think ESL hates him because of what happened to e6, Still a great player.) This is the most consistent team behind optic, and seem to be their grestest challenger since the most recent pro league final.

Team EnvyUs
Snipedown(Left EG a while back to create the team to beat Optic. Very good shot.), Pistola(Awesome person. Not to forget he is a WIZARD), Huke (Was too young to compete in COD, so he moved to Halo. the FPS KING), Mikwen(Wears a beanie, if he does well NV dominates, and vice versa. Sort of an X Factor.) NV has been sorta shaky for the last couple of months. But they have still held top 4. So dont count them out.

Str8 Rippin
APG ( Holy image ), Ace (Gets kinda tired sometimes, but performs really well under pressure.), Heinz(Been around for a while but still holds up throughout), Renegade ( Lanegade, Renegod, whatever you want to call him) The Str8 name has been around for a long time in Halo. This team picked up the name a while ago, and have been doing good by it.

Luminosity Gaming
Ninja (remember kids, if you want to play at worlds, grind H1Z1), Saiyan (New guy who picked up the old name. Great teammate), Victory X (One of the most consistent well playing pros in the franchise), and El Town (The definitive OBJ player) Luminosity has been on fire recently, and the Victory, Ninja combo is incredible to watch.

Splyce
Shooter(Taken the captain role recently, great team player), Bubu Dubu (Spam bubu take my dubu every time you see him play), Falcated and Shottzy( Brothers that played Team Beyond doubles tournaments alot. Made it pro. Extremely skilled. Shottzy is in top 2 for map movement)
A team full of young guns that have proven they should be taken seriously. Dont be suprised if Shottzy carries

PNDA gam... I mean Crowd Pleasers.
After some BS loophole Cratos found that almost left old Bubu and Shooter out of pro league, he found a free spot and picked up 3 free agents. Naded, Str8 Sick, and Nemassist. After what may be the dumbest drop of H5, ALG dropped Danoxide on his 18th Birthday. He was picked up by this team, replacing Nemassist, and the team made it to Worlds. Right after beating ALG. Anyway, to the summaries. Naded (Fan favorite, awesome person, competed for a long time.), Danoxide (21st Century Pterodactyl), Str8 Sick (Not to be confused with
Thank you so much for this break down. I am currently listening to all the podcasts and it's interesting to hear how just last June OG wasn't even considered a top contender. It was all about CLG at the time. My how things change.

I have to say I am kind of glad Allegiance didn't make it to the finals after they dropped Danoxide the way they did.
I'm super stoked that Naded's team managed to make it through to World's, throwing my support out to them this weekend! LET'S GO! :D
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Rustyky wrote:
Thank you so much for this break down. I am currently listening to all the podcasts and it's interesting to hear how just last June OG wasn't even considered a top contender. It was all about CLG at the time. My how things change.

I have to say I am kind of glad Allegiance didn't make it to the finals after they dropped Danoxide the way they did.
OG acquired the CLG roster right before the fall season of pro league so it is actually the same team.
stckrboy wrote:
I'm super stoked that Naded's team managed to make it through to World's, throwing my support out to them this weekend! LET'S GO! :D
I am excited for them too. Although I liked the name Pnda Gaming better. It would be cool to see them win especially given all Naded has gone through.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Rustyky wrote:
Thank you so much for this break down. I am currently listening to all the podcasts and it's interesting to hear how just last June OG wasn't even considered a top contender. It was all about CLG at the time. My how things change.

I have to say I am kind of glad Allegiance didn't make it to the finals after they dropped Danoxide the way they did.
OG acquired the CLG roster right before the fall season of pro league so it is actually the same team.
Ah, okay well that makes sense why they are so good. I haven't been following all the team changes at that time.
Added another link at the bottom of the OP. Today's community update had some good stuff about the finals you won't want to miss.
I'm pulling for Optic Gaming. Not because they are the favorites and the easy pick. I really like them and respect the work they put into Halo 5. They take it seriously, have competitive spirit & fire, and flat out put in the work. It's nice to see that all pay off.

I'm mainly just a fan of all the NA teams and would love to see any of them win it for different reasons.
For some reason I want Liquid to win. Can't say exactly why... I just do.
J Teeps wrote:
I'm pulling for Optic Gaming. Not because they are the favorites and the easy pick. I really like them and respect the work they put into Halo 5. They take it seriously, have competitive spirit & fire, and flat out put in the work. It's nice to see that all pay off.

I'm mainly just a fan of all the NA teams and would love to see any of them win it for different reasons.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much time these guys put into the game. Everyone says out of all the teams they play the most.

I definitely want an NA team to take it, but it will be nice to see some EU and Mexico teams put up a good fight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11