OP DaxSeven09

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11
So wanted to know, why the same maps?

Why not other maps into the rotation or for the final competition, a different set of maps with different power weapons than what everyone played through the bracket.
They have a set layout and gametype. It is agreed by 343 to be the playlists for competitive Halo. It removes randomness and levels the playing field.
I REALLY really hate frostys t-bag -Yoink- -.-

Why not other maps into the rotation or for the final competition, a different set of maps with different power weapons than what everyone played through the bracket.
I think its because the competitors would get angry that they don't know the location of the power weapons and where they are as they need to co-ordinate with their team mates.
You would think that would be the point. If your team is really good, then it should not matter the map type or power weapon available.
Both would be at a disadvantage going in by not knowing the map, however I'm sure these teams have played more than their share that they know every map on the roster.

I think its because the competitors would get angry that they don't know the location of the power weapons and where they are as they need to co-ordinate with their team mates.
You would that would be the point. If your team is really good, then it should not matter the map type or power weapon available.
Both would be at a disadvantage going in by not knowing the map, however I'm sure these teams have played more than their share that they know every map on the roster.
I agree and I think it would be interesting but its very tightly regulated especially as there's $1m up for grabs so if they we're going to do that it would have to be next season
Arnamo wrote:
No respect for players like that
Really wanted NV especially with that whole Snipedown Lethul rivalry, and then with Frosty's disrespect...no need for that.
Arnamo wrote:
I thought it was a bit unsportsmanlike.
But at the same time, when the commentator said "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA!!"
I lost my -Yoink- and laughed harder than I have in a long time
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Really wanted NV especially with that whole Snipedown Lethul rivalry, and then with Frosty's disrespect...no need for that.
I did as well!
Arnamo wrote:
But at the same time, when the commentator said "UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA!!"
I think t-bagging does not belong in the Championship game.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with that. It was the commentary on it that made me laugh.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I did as well!
Arnamo wrote:
I REALLY really hate frostys t-bag bullsh*t -.-

We could argue that t-bagging has no place in halo in general, though.
Not saying I encourage it, but it's a part of the game and unless they remove the crouch button, it can't be stopped, sadly.
Arnamo wrote:

That's Simms for ya. I love his commentary. He's the best caster in my opinion.
IPaeth

You would think that would be the point. If your team is really good, then it should not matter the map type or power weapon available.
Part of the point is to know the maps and know the power ups and weapons spawns. If you just go into a match or a pro series not knowing anything about the map then you are just running around blind. There's no opportunity to use map control, and knowledge of the maps and routes. It like a chess match.

These players learn these maps inside and out. Learn the jumps and sneaky routes. It's all part of the competitive pro scene. They actually have a lot of say in which maps are used and which gametypes.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Arnamo wrote:

That's Simms for ya. I love his commentary. He's the best caster in my opinion.
That was funny of Simms.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
IPaeth

Part of the point is to know the maps and know the power ups and weapons spawns. If you just go into a match or a pro series not knowing anything about the map then you are just running around blind. There's no opportunity to use map control, and knowledge of the maps and routes. It like a chess match.

These players learn these maps inside and out. Learn the jumps and sneaky routes. It's all part of the competitive pro scene. They actually have a lot of say in which maps are used and which gametypes.
Ok yes, I can understand that and it would make sense that a level playing field would be one that both teams knows hands down. Now it comes down to skill and teamwork.
However, I think the unknown factor would up the ante a bit. Even it is another known map or another game like Assault.
I would even venture to say that maybe game 7 of any match should be an unknown, if the teams let it get that far.

Oh and thanks for starting the other thread for the codes.
WORLDSBO7
DaxSeven09 wrote:
I did as well!
Arnamo wrote:

We could argue that t-bagging has no place in halo in general, though.
Not saying I encourage it, but it's a part of the game and unless they remove the crouch button, it can't be stopped, sadly.
Tagging and trash talk have been there since the beginning, playing mind games like that can be incredibly powerful. Wouldn't you want every advantage when playing for years worth of money? Heck it used to be much worse "back in the day."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. ...
  6. 11