Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

The future of Halo CS

OP Reclamadcr

So, with some MCC tournaments going on PC and the coming Halo Infinite also coming to PC. Is competitive Halo transitioning from Xbox to PC?
Reclamadcr wrote:
So, with some MCC tournaments going on PC and the coming Halo Infinite also coming to PC. Is competitive Halo transitioning from Xbox to PC?
I think it will be a variety of both. I don't think I could imagine halo tournaments turning away from what they were released for. I mean for what console/device they represent.
There's no way they would just leave the Xbox for competitive play. I'm sure we'll be seeing more on PC, but the Xbox will remain. It will be interesting to see.
Reclamadcr wrote:
The Esport Games is focused on the pc, I went from Xbox to pc just for halo, it is no longer "xbox exclusive" but also windows
Cistola wrote:
Reclamadcr wrote:
The Esport Games is focused on the pc, I went from Xbox to pc just for halo, it is no longer "xbox exclusive" but also windows
So pc is better in your opinion?
Cistola wrote:
Reclamadcr wrote:
Slightly dated thread, and obviously not the guy but eSports sees itself thrive on the PC gamespace. Other than long-established niche games (mostly seen within the fighting game community), you'll typically find it not only easier to find games/game coordination but the ability to readily organize games as well with PC. With consoles, there's a lot to take tackle before playing competitive. You'll need a stable connection (while this goes for PC as well, I don't believe most games hook their consoles up to ethernet for the best connections), paid-access online multiplayer, and possibly having to move out physically to tournaments hosted at game stores, microsoft centers, etc. With computers, everything is done almost entirely through discord/steam communication, with the occasional invite to real tournaments, so the things listed with consoles isn't really a problem with playing on a PC.

So in short, yeah lol.
I plan on getting Infinite on both PC and Xbox, so I'll be covered either way. I have MCC on both and aside from the graphics being a little more cleaned up, i don't find a difference in them. I do play with an xbox controller on pc, though.
pr0xibomb wrote:
Cistola wrote:
Reclamadcr wrote:
Slightly dated thread, and obviously not the guy but eSports sees itself thrive on the PC gamespace. Other than long-established niche games (mostly seen within the fighting game community), you'll typically find it not only easier to find games/game coordination but the ability to readily organize games as well with PC. With consoles, there's a lot to take tackle before playing competitive. You'll need a stable connection (while this goes for PC as well, I don't believe most games hook their consoles up to ethernet for the best connections), paid-access online multiplayer, and possibly having to move out physically to tournaments hosted at game stores, microsoft centers, etc. With computers, everything is done almost entirely through discord/steam communication, with the occasional invite to real tournaments, so the things listed with consoles isn't really a problem with playing on a PC.

So in short, yeah lol.
I don't get your point. Online tournaments for Xbox have been a thing for a while. Right now there is Esports Arena, an online based tournament for Halo 5 every sunday
I guess that its is more excited on Xbox than pc
That iRvsh wrote:
I guess that its is more excited on Xbox than pc
It's literally the same thing lol
I think comp Halo will be on PC for Halo Infinite, but for now we'll continue to see console tournies (like the upcoming H5 tournaments).
Legitsky wrote:
I think comp Halo will be on PC for Halo Infinite, but for now we'll continue to see console tournies (like the upcoming H5 tournaments).
Yea i think so too. I think most of Halo CS is turning to PC now.