Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Trying to go pro ( i know its unlikely lol)

OP Gravity Quiet

I just need suggestions. My K/D in all of the Halo games averaged out throughout the first few Halos I played is probably like 1.2 or 1.3 just due to when playing when I was like 8,9,10,11,12 you get it; the young screecher years. But in the last year or two I have improved drastically just through practice and stuff like that. What I really want to do since Halo is "partnered" with MLG again, is when Halo: Infinite comes out, practice a lot and try to convince my friends to make a team and tryout for tournaments and other things like that. We've always been able to communicate well to each other and I've been playing with 2 of the 3 for 11 years since I was 7, and the other one for around 6 years. I was just wondering what are y'alls suggestions for this and how likely it is to make any sort of money (to live on or just on the side) from it. Should I pursue it?
Which Halo game are you trying to become better at?
BxSouIjah wrote:
Which Halo game are you trying to become better at?
To answer your question: Halo:Infinite. I'm already fairly decent at all the Halos other than 5 just because I don't play it much anymore.
So I actually did play at a "professional" tournament for Halo 4 in 2013 because I thought me and friends thought were pretty good at it, probably the Halo we were the best at as a team, but we lost 50-2 in our first match in Slayer. There was no brackets or anything due to it being so small, so one loss and you go home. For the record we were young. 12, 13 (me), 14, and missing one of our teammates who was also 13, so we had someone they put us with who was probably around 17 or 18 at the time. We played grown men who obliterated us.
That was the last time I attempted to be actually good or pro at any game. I've been practicing on most of the Halo games in preparation for Halo:Infinite, and if the plan goes through like we want it to when we are all out of school, would be that we would all be able to move in together and practice when we can whenever the game comes out. I want to excel at Infinite with my buddies/teammates and get heavily involved in the pro scene.
I can't believe that there will never be HCS on halo 5 again. We need another halo game for HCS to keep the community interested.
I just need suggestions. My K/D in all of the Halo games averaged out throughout the first few Halos I played is probably like 1.2 or 1.3 just due to when playing when I was like 8,9,10,11,12 you get it; the young screecher years. But in the last year or two I have improved drastically just through practice and stuff like that. What I really want to do since Halo is "partnered" with MLG again, is when Halo: Infinite comes out, practice a lot and try to convince my friends to make a team and tryout for tournaments and other things like that. We've always been able to communicate well to each other and I've been playing with 2 of the 3 for 11 years since I was 7, and the other one for around 6 years. I was just wondering what are y'alls suggestions for this and how likely it is to make any sort of money (to live on or just on the side) from it. Should I pursue it?
Yes pursue it!
I can't believe that there will never be HCS on halo 5 again. We need another halo game for HCS to keep the community interested.
We do it’s Halo 3 on MCC
Okay outside of everyone giving you "false" hopes I want to shed the fact that if you want to go professional and that is the only reason you are "grinding" the game, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Yes prize money and trinkets are always nice however if you don't have a love for just being the best then maybe don't pursue it as a career option, finish school, go to college/get a trade etc. build a decent career.

On the above note, I can assist if you still want to improve I might need to know what region you are from to time match due to time zones.
HCS have teamed up with gaming partners and have the whole Grassroots tournaments now. Example would be the Halo 3 2v2, Halo 3 4v4/FFA in St Louis, and future classic game tournaments.

Before I hear a statement along the lines of no one wants to play the older games, the response of hype and participation is outpouring. UGC has had to extend the amount of teams allowed in the upcoming tourney in St Louis along with raising the cost of the team pass for them to cater to the massive crowd. This is what they will be doing until the next Halo game gets released.

There is more information regarding the grassroot tournaments in the bulletins.
Honestly I believe if you really enjoy something and want to make it into a career... pursue it. Pursuing a career into Halo competitive is a bit of a weird one right now considering the state of Halo (it is coming back slowly). If you really want to go with this my biggest suggestion is don't fully focus on this. Your personal life/responsibilities should come first before this. There's never a guarantee that you'll "make it big".

Honestly just 'casually' play Halo competitively. Play some online GBs or any tourny that you can get into. Practice when you can but don't neglect your personal life.
Also don't go into this with the mind set of "I'm going to make money from this". Whether you're starting yourself out on YouTube or Twitch don't do it strictly for the money. Treat this has a fun hobby in your off time and if it becomes a lucrative hobby turn it into your career/job. I believe going in doing it for the money will only drag yourself down.

Best of luck on this as I have dreams of playing competitively myself but don't quite see it working out right now, hope you're able to do it.