Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

What is 343 doing for "semi pro" or up&coming

OP SG FeLLoN

Is there anything being done for "semi pro" or up and coming players to get noticed by these "big" teams. Cause I don't see anyone "new" on any of these pro teams being posted all over Twitter which is kinda of a bummer I mean just cause u were pro at a past Halo doesn't mean your going to have success with infinite. I can think of a few pro players who were signed from one Halo to another and it didn't go so well for them at all. So I was wondering is 343 doing anything to help these players that are "semi pro" or whatever but all they need is a break or something, is there any info on anything 343 is doing to help these players get noticed or whatever. Cause it's good and bad that l the same pros from 5 are in Infinite I just wish that we could see some new faces for once
I agree it doesn’t seem to be open as they want to it be… partly I think it is down to when a new player is in a team it can change the dynamics of the team which makes it hard to bring new players in and keep the same standards.

However, I think the issue lies with the team set up rather than the league set up.

Lets say if teams were picked from clans then I think rosters would be more open to change. But for what I can see these partnered teams don’t have clans or communities - just followers.

It would be interesting to know how these Teams select their players and who is in charge of doing so. For me in the past, watching Halo pro tournaments more emphasis is put on the individual than the Team. I’m sure plenty of people out their would like to play for some of these Top Teams, but how open is this an opportunity to do so.

I know in the UK if you wanted to play football for an example you can be chosen to play for a top team from an early age and you can work your way up through their school of excellences and scholarships, an if you are good enough, you can make it to play in top flight football.

In this situation I feel the teams that are in these partnered positions should be doing more for grass roots within their community.

however, it’s very hard to extract this info from the internet and it could already exist in another form. But it doesn’t seem very transparent or at least apparent.

You do wonder if it is just another scenario where it’s jobs for the boys - keep it in the family.
Idk if there's anything. I mean Pro Series (which I played with under the 1st Timers) was available to all kinds of pros to semi pros. Honestly, HCS should have a minor league, kinda like the nba g league, for us semi pros. It would be a good way to find new players and raise up the newer generation of pros.
Back when H2 was going on me an the guys I played with TooFair, Dusty2 and Notifiiii we was basically practice dummy’s to Pro teams. Str8 Rippin, The Agency, MoB Team, XiT Woundz and played final boss like 2 times And some games we would win the dude I played with TooFair the kid was nasty with a Sniper an would Out BR anyone 98% of the time. Dude couldn’t get on a pro team cause all the same people stayed on teams or switch teams. He finally got a spot on XiT Woundz as a back up player for the team but didn’t get to play at all an gave up if he had a chance he would definitely went pro. But I agree I think everyone should have a chance at it if you have what it takes…
The Halo scene needs more things to engage the semi pros of the community. I for one want to see FFA and 2v2s to make a comeback at live events. It would be alot of fun and a great chance for alot of players to make a name for themselves as well.
The Halo scene needs more things to engage the semi pros of the community. I for one want to see FFA and 2v2s to make a comeback at live events. It would be alot of fun and a great chance for alot of players to make a name for themselves as well.
I’d love to see some BTB events going on with some pro teams… that would really shine the light on some unknown players.
The Pro Btb games that I have seen are really cool. I'd be down for that too
I’d love to see some BTB events going on with some pro teams… that would really shine the light on some unknown players.
There was a recent MLG BTB section the TR event. Idk how to feel about it lol. I've never seen BTB in an official kinda scene. Cool to see it though.
Gulchshot wrote:
There was a recent MLG BTB section the TR event. Idk how to feel about it lol. I've never seen BTB in an official kinda scene. Cool to see it though.
Yeah I get that… in matchmaking etc it can all be a bit random. But I can imagine if there was a regular pro scene. You’d see some great strategies emerge which would then be replicated more in game against the regular Joe!
Gulchshot wrote:
Yeah I get that… in matchmaking etc it can all be a bit random. But I can imagine if there was a regular pro scene. You’d see some great strategies emerge which would then be replicated more in game against the regular Joe!
Yeah such as (never thought I'd say this but) timing vehicles lol. Or certain vehicle strats. Who knows. Infinite could lead to HCS BTB with the new BTB modes? Who knows? I know Infinite will be big on BTB so.
I agree with the previous opinions, as they should allow new players or clans to enter the official Halo leagues. Besides that there are players with a lot of unrecognized talent.
We can improve that making this post recognized in the next few days.
There are plenty of open online tournaments that anyone can enter for all types of gamemodes and settings.
Grassroots should be helping the AM community to better ourselves for possible Pro status. All events are going to give points to each player. They are doing what Call of Duty does.
Gulchshot wrote:
Idk if there's anything. I mean Pro Series (which I played with under the 1st Timers) was available to all kinds of pros to semi pros. Honestly, HCS should have a minor league, kinda like the nba g league, for us semi pros. It would be a good way to find new players and raise up the newer generation of pros.
Might just gotta prove yourself with K/D’s and comp levels to get noticed or to apply for a team
The best way is to bring back FFA and 1v1 tournaments. Finding a full team is not so easy so these FFA events were a good way for players to get recognized without having to deal with crazy logistics. We probably would never have seen legendary players like Pistola compete without the existence of FFA. Not to mention back in the day we had GameBattles which was a huge deal especially for online warriors who wanted to become known. Team Classic is a great example.