Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

What kind of screen is used in the hcs tournaments

OP Kuhrizma Ttu

Hey I'm wanting to get into Halo infinite competitively and want to be playing on the same screens they used at the HCS tournaments I'm wondering if anyone knows the latest models and if they plan on updating them in the future thank you
Hey I'm wanting to get into Halo infinite competitively and want to be playing on the same screens they used at the HCS tournaments I'm wondering if anyone knows the latest models and if they plan on updating them in the future thank you
I mean as long as you use a screen around 24-27 inches that has 1ms, and 144hz it won't really matter.
Thanks I'm looking more for the exact model and brand so it can be precisely the exact same for when I go to a gaming event
Thanks I'm looking more for the exact model and brand so it can be precisely the exact same for when I go to a gaming event
Good luck finding that because it won't be announced until the first tournaments are. They most likely are BenQ.
Yeah I am wondering what is currently being used now for the MCC and H5 xbox tournaments
Danumis wrote:
I mean as long as you use a screen around 24-27 inches that has 1ms, and 144hz it won't really matter.
It's been a few years since I played in Halo tournaments, but the ones I went to all used different monitors if I remember correctly. But the size and specs were the same like he said above.

Because Halo Infinite is a new game on a new generation of consoles though, there will probably be a new standard that we won't know until the first tournament.
I tried looking it up but couldn't find it
I tried looking it up but couldn't find it
Trying to find what? The details that don't exist yet or the screens that fit that mold I stated?
I tried to find what they use for the H5 tournaments
Just look for 144 hz (240hz also), 1 ms response, and 1440p/4K monitors. Those are compatible with literally every eSport in the industry.
So I found one of the monitors from when I played in tournaments. In 2018, I played on a BenQ RL2460. But that was 3 years ago.
Danumis wrote:
Just look for 144 hz (240hz also), 1 ms response, and 1440p/4K monitors. Those are compatible with literally every eSport in the industry.
Like he said, just look for a monitor with those specs and you'll be as prepared as you can be in that aspect.
the safest thing is a benQ, but exactly is not yet known
Halo 5 was benq zowiee I believe?