Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Why did Ninja retire in H5?

OP T0RZZ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
No longer accommodates the game as he did in his time with other deliveries of Halo, is and will be my favorite player
He saw an opportunity with Fortnite and took it. Halo just wasn't bringing in the viewers and revenue he wanted. Plus I don't think he was very fond of H5 in the first place judging from his comments.
Ninja left halo a few years back to start playing h1z2, then pubg and then fortnite he was gone for about 2 years so it really wasn’t recent when he left halo.
I think the last straw was because he didn't like how things were being run with the tournaments. This was before MLG came back onto the scene and I don't think he liked the game very much. When he wasn't scrimming, he was playing H1Z1 and then of course he moved on to other BR games when they came out.
He saw an opportunity with Fortnite and took it. Halo just wasn't bringing in the viewers and revenue he wanted. Plus I don't think he was very fond of H5 in the first place judging from his comments.
Maybe it did not stand out as much as in other titles, I hope to see it again in Halo infinity
Ninja left halo a few years back to start playing h1z2, then pubg and then fortnite he was gone for about 2 years so it really wasn’t recent when he left halo.
As many already do not like the turn that gave Halo, I hope you return in the next title
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think the last straw was because he didn't like how things were being run with the tournaments. This was before MLG came back onto the scene and I don't think he liked the game very much. When he wasn't scrimming, he was playing H1Z1 and then of course he moved on to other BR games when they came out.
If the truth does not taste at all Halo 5 I hope that the return is Halo Infinity
T0RZZ - please don't post multiple times in a row thanks, you can edit your last post to add more information
stckrboy wrote:
T0RZZ - please don't post multiple times in a row thanks, you can edit your last post to add more information
I'm sorry, I've just been using this medium, thanks for the data
Most likely just saw a better opportunity, but I mean he wasn't that good at Halo anyways.
Xenoviaa wrote:
Most likely just saw a better opportunity, but I mean he wasn't that good at Halo anyways.
Now he is in full success with fortnite
T0RZZ wrote:
Xenoviaa wrote:
Most likely just saw a better opportunity, but I mean he wasn't that good at Halo anyways.
Now he is in full success with fortnite
Yep, I'm not really a fan of him, but good for him to really make a killing for himself and his wife.
Well for starters, H5 was and still is stale. He made more money streaming full time than playing. This wasn't his game. but the real reason to his video that he explained was that 343i made no immediate action to patch issues, discuss progress or host good events with better organizations. Stream cutting off, lights out, blank shots, ghost melee, a bunch of stuff. A lot of people left and/or stopped playing for this reason. Ninja was good at Halo but he was far from God Tier or "making" Halo haha. People say he is cause he's known in Fortnite (played months later after he left) and Halo was his old game that got him Pro, but in the true Halo franchise, he was rarely brought up. Again, good player, but not God Tier.
T0RZZ wrote:
No longer accommodates the game as he did in his time with other deliveries of Halo, is and will be my favorite player
and my favourite videogames
halo forever in the life
did he ever officially retire? Don't remember a statement or anything.

This post has been hidden.

0
Because for many competitive Halo players, H5 just isn't worth our time. It inherently tries to find merit and value in aspects that are foreign to original Halo. The core formula was changed to resemble other modern FPS games in the market.
Its simple economics, there was no really money to be made in Halo and he wasn't enjoying it. Who knows if he even truly enjoys Fortnite, but hes making a killing playing it...till the next big game comes along. Maybe that will be Halo Infinite.
He saw an opportunity with Fortnite and took it. Halo just wasn't bringing in the viewers and revenue he wanted. Plus I don't think he was very fond of H5 in the first place judging from his comments.
It has nothing to do with his lack of appreciation for H5. If you can look me in the eyes and tell me H4 was a better game, which he probably would, he is a liar. It comes down to what he saw as an opportunity with Fortnite and took it.
Cmacaveli wrote:
did he ever officially retire? Don't remember a statement or anything.
No, but even if Infinite is somewhat successful, it's highly doubtful that he's ever gonna come back to Halo in a competitive way like trying to be on a pro team for example. Probably wouldn't be worth it anyway since he was mainly a 5th-8th player in Halo. He'll likely stream it for fun on occasion, but he's basically a Twitch celebrity so he needs to keep his viewer count high and he's not gonna do that playing Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2