Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Why did Ninja retire in H5?

OP T0RZZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
We wants to blow up as a streamer and make that money and halo wasn't so hot unlike battle royales at the time and still now. He still loves halo, maybe in the future he might come back for a bit.
The comp scene was going through a rough patch and it was around this time that the comp community was not being listened to.

Most of their concerns, anyway.
Odd
If I am thinking of the same person, He has been playing Fortnite a lot, and I had no idea he used to halo, Also he has a few ''reaction'' vids on YouTube and I really dislike that kind of thing, No offence to him just doesn't seem necessary or helpful to anyone
He didn't like were the developers are going with the game and also he was on the rise to becoming a big streamer and halo 5 was a pretty dead game so he moved on to battle royals and he followed the money. and now hes a top dog making bank.
Because he took the oppurtunity for Fortnite
Because Halo 5 did not get the hype anywhere close to that of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach.
Ayy NoVa wrote:
Well for starters, H5 was and still is stale. He made more money streaming full time than playing. This wasn't his game. but the real reason to his video that he explained was that 343i made no immediate action to patch issues, discuss progress or host good events with better organizations. Stream cutting off, lights out, blank shots, ghost melee, a bunch of stuff. A lot of people left and/or stopped playing for this reason. Ninja was good at Halo but he was far from God Tier or "making" Halo haha. People say he is cause he's known in Fortnite (played months later after he left) and Halo was his old game that got him Pro, but in the true Halo franchise, he was rarely brought up. Again, good player, but not God Tier.
Well said
I don't remember Ninja being that good. Does anyone have a good example of play from Ninja?
xAlchemist wrote:
I don't remember Ninja being that good. Does anyone have a good example of play from Ninja?
Ninja was good but was not amongst the "greats" so to speak for Halo. That aside he was still one of the most popular Halo players and streamers. He started as far back as Halo 3 after attending MLG Orlando 2009. Halo: Reach is where he started to shine. In his Reach days, he never placed less than top 16. His peak pro gaming days was in Halo 4 and at The Halo 4 Exhibition was where Ninja won his first professional tournament. His last Halo 4 tourney was joining Team Requiem alongside Legit, Ace and Derksy to place 1st at AGL8 Knoxville 2013. As far as Halo 5, he never won a tourney iirc but placed 2nd in many qualifiers and went 3rd at UGC St. Louis 2016 with Team Evil Geniuses.

AGL8 Knoxville 2013 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFKKmSfpgk&list=PLoXA5vRYF9nM4YffrpmQ2n6JGEqvoiAHs
UGC St. Louis 2016 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Q26iaIx-Q
xAlchemist wrote:
Ninja was good but was not amongst the "greats" so to speak for Halo. That aside he was still one of the most popular Halo players and streamers. He started as far back as Halo 3 after attending MLG Orlando 2009. Halo: Reach is where he started to shine. In his Reach days, he never placed less than top 16. His peak pro gaming days was in Halo 4 and at The Halo 4 Exhibition was where Ninja won his first professional tournament. His last Halo 4 tourney was joining Team Requiem alongside Legit, Ace and Derksy to place 1st at AGL8 Knoxville 2013. As far as Halo 5, he never won a tourney iirc but placed 2nd in many qualifiers and went 3rd at UGC St. Louis 2016 with Team Evil Geniuses.

AGL8 Knoxville 2013 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFKKmSfpgk&list=PLoXA5vRYF9nM4YffrpmQ2n6JGEqvoiAHs
UGC St. Louis 2016 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Q26iaIx-Q
This is much appreciated. I pretty much stopped believing in MLG after Halo 3 ended. This explains why I know nothing about his career in Halo. Again, thank you. I'll start watching these videos now! :)
Because fortnite was popular
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3