Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Why not Halo 1? // FACEIT IGNITE – AUGUST 17-18

OP TheSPFXmaN

All tournaments thus far have focused on later versions of Halo. When can we have an event that includes the game that started it all?

I'd love to see some 1v1, 2v2, maybe even 4v4 Halo CE tourneys hosted by 343. I'd even travel to London for it. Or perhaps just to my local MSFT store...

TheSPFXmaN
SoCal USA
There was a CE 2v2 tournament hosted by UGC in St. Louis this past January. And this August, the competitive H1 community will be gathering in Tampa, FL for the yearly Beach LAN; FFA and 2v2 brackets will be held.

Now would 343i or HCS ever sponsor/promote a LAN or tournament for games like CE or H2? Probably not, they have never done so in the past and the general vibe from that studio is very anti competitive CE/H2.
TheSPFXmaN wrote:
All tournaments thus far have focused on later versions of Halo. When can we have an event that includes the game that started it all?

I'd love to see some 1v1, 2v2, maybe even 4v4 Halo CE tourneys hosted by 343. I'd even travel to London for it. Or perhaps just to my local MSFT store...

TheSPFXmaN
SoCal USA
Maybe on the future can arrive
Locally in my area they set up a small video game tournament with a random game. Halo 3 was picked and it was fun.