Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

Will the HCS ban keyboard and mouse?

OP Marshawott

Since Halo Infinite will be the first game in the franchise to release on Xbox and PC at the same time, I came up with an interesting question (Read the title). It has always been debated if it is unfair for controller and KBM to compete against each other and Halo has always been played on the Xbox consoles with a controller, no KBM. But since this game is on PC, it is up in the air if they will allow it. Another league I know, the Call of Duty League made a recent switch to pc but banned keyboard and mouse, they think KBM would provide an unfair advantage against all their pros. Some argue it would ruin the scene. I want to know what you think. Will/Should it be banned or not?
Most likely for the this season, I'd say they'll prolly keep KBM vs Controller as they have both competing against each other in comp. Over time they might realize the problem and switch it over. Who knows? It also seems unfair for KBM players wanting to compete in Infinite to not be able to because of what they play on. I myself am a controller player btw.
Gulchshot wrote:
Most likely for the this season, I'd say they'll prolly keep KBM vs Controller as they have both competing against each other in comp. Over time they might realize the problem and switch it over. Who knows? It also seems unfair for KBM players wanting to compete in Infinite to not be able to because of what they play on. I myself am a controller player btw.
I personally think it should remain how its always been
console and controller
I feel like there are too many moving parts with pc setups with windows updates various GPUs and not to mention GPU shortages.
You can get a whole series s setup for the price of a 1660 super
you can get a pretty elaborate setup on console (headsets, curved monitors, paddle controllers ect) for the price of a 3080 msrp
Halo comp play has always been console based.
there would be a divide on brackets that would make things awkward PC pro or console pro.
Gulchshot wrote:
console and controller
I feel like there are too many moving parts with pc setups with windows updates various GPUs and not to mention GPU shortages.
you can get a pretty elaborate setup on console (headsets, curved monitors, paddle controllers ect) for the price of a 3080 msrp
there would be a divide on brackets that would make things awkward PC pro or console pro.
I want HCS to remain on console to. Btw I'm convinced that more people are gonna buy Infinite for Xbox than for PC.

PC peeps can have their own league and tournaments however :) I mean I don't mind, as long as Console HCS stays console and controller only <3
Gulchshot wrote:
console and controller
Though I agree with Controller, the recent HCS events have been PC and Controller. Including the 2017-20 H5 HCS events. It's sad to say that PC runs better for Halo than console.
Gulchshot wrote:
console and controller
I want HCS to remain on console to. Btw I'm convinced that more people are gonna buy Infinite for Xbox than for PC.

PC peeps can have their own league and tournaments however :) I mean I don't mind, as long as Console HCS stays console and controller only <3
HCS should not remain on console. PC is always better than console. The recent HCS events have been all on PC with controllers. They run smoother and are most unlikely to crash.
Gulchshot wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
console and controller

HCS should not remain on console. PC is always better than console. The recent HCS events have been all on PC with controllers. They run smoother and are most unlikely to crash.
Doesn't seem to be the case with infinite tbh console ran great imo.
Gulchshot wrote:
Gulchshot wrote:
console and controller

Doesn't seem to be the case with infinite tbh console ran great imo.
Of course console ran great, but this is in the sense of competitive Halo. All of us competitive players prefer PC over Xbox. For what reason? Well PC can run greater FPS cap and smoother systems. Console can only do so much. If you wanna play your best with everything you got, you use PC.
I say run on equivalent PC towers but participants can use either Controller or M& K