Forums / Community / Halo Championship Series

will there ever be a CE doubles or 4v4 tournament?

OP Hot Chili Fries

Like many others I was lucky enough to play Halo CE when it first came out and got to experience Halo multiplayer in it's purest form by having anyone and everyone come to your house with his/her TV and an xbox to have lan parties. Back then I was still pretty young so the idea of playing Halo as a sweaty competitive player never really came to me until later on. Only recently have I actually began to play Halo CE competitively on MCC. I'm only lvl 13 so far but still get matched with some crazy good people on occasion and there's been some very good matches that ended only five kills apart. So I'm curious if anyone has any information on whether 2019 will introduce full fledged Halo CE tournaments the way they did with Halo 5 and Halo 3. I really think it would be a blast to watch pros play this game with high stakes and prizes.
I attended the UGC H3 4v4 tournament. Now with that said, they also had H3 FFA and CE 2v2. The CE side tourney was awesome. OG Xbox’s and TVs. It was sweet and would’ve loved to play if I wasn’t doing the 4v4 and FFA. They set it up the way it was back in the day and had maybe about 10 stations.
There have been a quite a few LAN tournaments for CE, they are just not really advertised nor promoted by 343 & Microsoft because the events don't create profits for them.

Just last month there was a $1500 2v2 CE tournament at UGC St. Louis. You can watch the VODs here and see the full results here.

Also every summer in Tampa, FL the annual BeachLAN takes place, where the best H1 players in the world come to compete in a double elimination 2v2 bracket. Their official website can be found here, and you can watch past broadcasts on their Youtube channel.
There have been a quite a few LAN tournaments for CE, they are just not really advertised nor promoted by 343 & Microsoft because the events don't create profits for them.

Just last month there was a $1500 2v2 CE tournament at UGC St. Louis. You can watch the VODs here and see the full results here.

Also every summer in Tampa, FL the annual BeachLAN takes place, where the best H1 players in the world come to compete in a double elimination 2v2 bracket. Their official website can be found here, and you can watch past broadcasts on their Youtube channel.
I hope for the HCS Tournament on Milan Italy