Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Recruiting

117 Ways To Die

OP AshamanND

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
117 Ways To Die is once again active and looking to recruit new members!

• We are primarily a group of mature gamers, and we'd like to play with other fun, like-minded individuals.
  • Generally social play with some competitive mixed in.
  • We just want to enjoy playing with others, who won't simply quit all the time.
  • Achilles is not our purpose for existence, but a bonus if we get there.
Some guidelines:
  • Mic is a plus - we're looking to enjoy playing together and talk after all!
  • Under 16 needs to have a family member also in the group that is over 16+
  • Play at least once a month. If you can't, message AshamanND otherwise you may be removed.
Have a look at our main page before applying.
Send in your request, and make it personal. Please include your age.

Cheers!
Hi, I’m from 117 Ways To Die & we’re looking for new members to join our Spartan Company. Here’s some things you should know about us before joining.
  • We’re a chill Company, not an Achilles grind Company. We’re well on our way to achieving Achilles, but it’s not why we play Halo. Our main focus is to meet more people to join our community & enjoy the game as a group.
  • We’re not just a Halo 5 Company, we’re also a MCC Company as well. We play both games regularly, but you’re not required to play MCC if you join.
  • We’re a mature group of gamers, younger players are welcome but only if they’re joined with an adult sibling or parent.
We have a few updated rules you should probably read before joining.

• We would like you to at least played a few games of Halo 5s Multiplayer before joining. You don’t have to be a PvP player, but we do ask members to play just a few games every month.
  • If you can’t play at least one game a month, please message AshamanND. All players who haven’t played in a month will receive a message, if there’s no response with in a week you will be removed (this is very lenient compared to most Companies).
  • We encourage all our members to join our Discord Server. This is the easiest way for us to communicate with one another. Upon being accepted we will send you a link to our Discord.
Thanks & have a great day, Angel!
Greetings, Spartans!

There are currently 4 spots open in 117 Ways To Die - a casual group of Halo players that play both MCC and H5.

Make no mistake, we are NOT an Achilles grinding company, but we're making progress towards those commendations nonetheless through regular fun gameplay.

If you're interested in joining, check out our main page, and send in a personalized join request, along with your age.
If accepted, you'll be asked to join our Discord server via PM here on Waypoint.
Just two spots left.

Read through our main profile page if you are interested!

Cheers,
Ash
We're back at it again, looking for more interested players to join our ranks.

Getting close to that armor, if that's your thing. Ultimately though, we're just a fun group of players that enjoy MCC and H5 as a group.

Check out our page, and make a request to join!
Our membership always has a few spot that are fluid.

At the moment we have 100 members, but we tend to have a couple of spots change every week or two.

As a result, if you're interested in joining us to try and get Achilles Armor (and to meet a great group of gamers!) send in your application now!

Send one to both 117 Ways To Die and 117 Ways To Kill - if accepted into the second group you'll be put on a first come first served wait list to join the main group (tends to happen quickly).

Cheers,
Ash
We've been doing some "purging" of inactive members and will have a decent amount of spots opening up here in the future. We have already unlocked the Achilles' armor and are well on our way to getting the helmet. If you're interested in getting the helmet, send a request to 117 Ways to Die.

117 Ways To Die

However, with the rising popularity of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One and PC we understand if you're more inclined to partake in that classic Halo experience. Additionally, if you're just an occasional Halo player and isn't very active, fill out a request to join our overflow company, 117 Ways To Kill.

117 Ways To Kill

Everyone who applies to either company will be asked to join our Discord server which covers both Spartan Companies.
We've been doing some "purging" of inactive members and will have a decent amount of spots opening up here in the future. We have already unlocked the Achilles' armor and are well on our way to getting the helmet. If you're interested in getting the helmet, send a request to 117 Ways to Die.

117 Ways To Die
However, with the rising popularity of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One and PC we understand if you're more inclined to partake in that classic Halo experience. Additionally, if you're just an occasional Halo player and isn't very active, fill out a request to join our overflow company, 117 Ways To Kill.

117 Ways To Kill
Everyone who applies to either company will be asked to join our Discord server which covers both Spartan Companies.
Hey all, quick update.

We're down to 85 members, and are fast approaching on that Achilles Helmet. If you haven't unlocked the Achilles' Helmet, send a non-generic request to 117 Ways to Die.

117 Ways To Die

Like I mentioned previously, if you are more inclined to play The Master Chief Collection and still want to be a part of our community, please send a non-generic request to 117 Ways to Kill.

117 Ways To Kill

As always, everyone who applies to either company will be asked to join our Discord server, which covers both Spartan Companies. See you on the battlefield!
Hi everyone!

We're still ready to accept some new members.
We've got about 15 spots open still, all you need to do to join is send in your request (non-default) with your age and a reason why.

We continue to play for fun, and have teams running almost daily lately.
Our Discord is always going as well, with people teaming up in H5, MCC and even other games too.

While we are not a grinding company - we are running contests for those that accomplish a lot towards our commendations - if you want to know more, send in your application!
(Prizes include various Req packs and other goodies)

117 Ways To Die
Hi everyone

So I'm one of the Custom games coordinators for both Halo 5 and MCC my main focus besides getting my weekly matches in is play host a custom game lobby at the end of the week kind of as a way to take a break from matchmaking. Overall it's a way to stay chill whether you've had a long week from school or work or even if you are just super annoyed with playing against sweats in warzone I know I'v gone into custom games with some of the guys insanely annoyed and by the time we all got off I'm perfectly calm .

If you want to get a feel for how the company is I'm willing to invite you to a custom games session we generally get at least 4 or 5 members of the company to join while the rest tend to be our friends who aren't in the company so if you want just message me (on Xbox preferably) and I can send you the details of what day and time we play.

occasionally we do decide to switch over to MCC customs (generally reach) for a change of pace and if and when you decide to join the company I do post in the discord chat for that specific week when myself and Carter (The other custom games coordinator) decide to change game.

Some of the future plans still in the works consist of things such as going back onto games such as Reach (Original not MCC) and playing some of the modes that may not have transferred or just having fun as a whole, other ideas have been things like a night of playing customs on PC or a night where we have our own members show us some of their modes and the other major idea I've been considering is a Halo 5 contest to see who can design the best map and gamemode with a prize of some kind of req pack such as say some gold packs or the classic helmets pack etc

Again if you have some sort of general interest in the company just message me to play in one of our game nights and I will gladly invite you most of the players who join are also our major players in matchmaking so it gives you a feel for who they are.
If you are friendly, laid back, respectful, and a halo nerd, we are the company for you! We love the lore, all the different Halo games, and love to learn new ways to play the games.

We are not just a company. We are a community and take care of each other. We love to laugh, joke around, goof off, and build lasting friendships. Don’t just take my word for it.

Join us on discord and see it firsthand.

117 Ways To DieHowever, with the rising popularity of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One and PC we understand if you're more inclined to partake in that classic Halo experience. Additionally, if you're just an occasional Halo player and isn't very active, fill out a request to join our overflow company, 117 Ways To Kill.

117 Ways To KillEveryone who applies to either company will be asked to join our Discord server which covers both Spartan Companies.
Hey all, quick update.

We're down to 85 members, and are fast approaching on that Achilles Helmet. If you haven't unlocked the Achilles' Helmet, send a non-generic request to 117 Ways to Die.

117 Ways To DieLike I mentioned previously, if you are more inclined to play The Master Chief Collection and still want to be a part of our community, please send a non-generic request to 117 Ways to Kill.

117 Ways To KillAs always, everyone who applies to either company will be asked to join our Discord server, which covers both Spartan Companies. See you on the battlefield!
Hey everyone, another quick update for 117 Ways to Die.

We're currently at 81 members and have yet to acquire the Achilles' helmet. We're almost there, so if you want the Achilles' helmet or want to help out, please send a non-generic request to 117 Ways To Die.

For anyone else who prefers MCC or wants to be a part of our Halo community in any capacity that doesn't involve frequent playing of Halo 5, go ahead and send a request to 117 Ways To Kill. I am the MCC Matchmaking Coordinator for both PC and console, so I could always use more players! I am running console matchmaking sessions every Saturday from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM PST and I do drawings for prizes! Participation is all it takes to be entered into the drawing! Join us to find out more about the prizing, and other activities.

Or if you just want some chill dudes to chat with about Halo, just shoot any of our lieutenants a message on Waypoint and we'll send you an invite to our Discord server.

Both 117 Ways to Die and 117 Ways to Kill are connected, if you apply to either, you will be sent an invite to our Discord. See you on the battlefield!

- SuperLOLZ66, MCC Matchmaking Coordinator for 117 Ways to Die
It’s been awhile since my first recruitment post up there lol. We are still very active, & we hope other active players join us! Here's a little bit about us:

• We play H5, MCC & a few of us also play Halo Wars
  • We are cross-platform, but we do require you to have Xbox for H5
  • We hold weekly game sessions on H5 & MCC, including customs night!
  • We also have several contests & drawings for prizes!
  • We require all members to join our Discord server
  • We also require all members to play at least once a month (We give exceptions to people with extenuating circumstances, just let us know ahead of time!)
If your looking for a clan, that’s not us. We’re a large community of friends & family who love all things Halo. If your chill person who enjoys Halo & wants to have fun then you should join us!

- Disvalt, REDACTED for 117 Ways To Die
We just finished competing in a local MS store, online tournament over the weekend, with one of our teams placing 3rd and winning some GamePass Ultimate!
I always keep my ear to the ground for these types of competitions, and let our members know about them.

We still have 17 spots in our group right now, and we continue to be a great place to meet some new friends, talk all things Halo, and party up for some MM, campaign, or even LASO.

Hop on over to our main page for 117 Ways to Die, have a read, and send in an application!
Hi, My Name is Total. And I have several questions for you.

• Are you done of Companies that ask you for a 100 K/D?!
  • Do you feel like you just wanna play with out having to worry about that stupid number going down ?!
  • Is the Companies list already at "Achilles Armor 42069"?!
  • Do you smell the sweat of your stupid army roleplaying company?!
  • Does your company demand you to be at least Champ and break your back every damn season?!
  • Have the many smurf accounts you have, bamboozled your brain of so many passwords?!
  • Have you been eaten your veggies and been drinkin' water?! (Well that's really a you problem!)
  • Do you just desire to exist without feeling like a failure when you loose?!
  • Do you wanna laugh your -Yoink- off from party chat?!
Well if you answered yes to any of these well maybe I have a brand new (ignore the date of creation of the company) service for you! 117 Ways to Die. Absolutely ignore all of the boring replies, here's the real deal. You will be spending time with some of the funniest guys,if all the sweating in Halo 5 is gettin too high, but you still wanna play, just join one of our custom nights and get close whispers you can relax about Halo 5 from time to time winks eye we expand our atmosphere to many games, well the ones you pick up with other members.
Here's the important bits, if you wanna have fun and relax, come with us, you won't regret it! (just don't ask for 1v1's)
I'm glad that you've all had the opportunity to meet TotalFakeName - one of our more entertaining members.

Join us for custom game nights every Saturday to get a feel for who we are, and if you like what you see / hear, come and join us!
Don't want to wait until Saturday? Put in your non-generic application now, right here.
Halo Infinite is delayed, and while we're all a bit bummed by that, it also brings renewed opportunity!

• We have more time to reach the Achilles Helmet
  • Individuals have more time to reach 152
While we aren't focused only on grinding, playing with a purpose can be a lot of fun!

With a solid group of core members, you'll be able to find people to play H5 with any given night.

Join 117 Ways To Die on our journey through the Halo games!
Hey everyone!

Most call me Utah, Johnny Utah, or Yooduh (if you're in on that joke, shoutout to TotalFakeName). I'm the Halo 5 Campaign Warrant Officer here in 117 Ways To Die and I just wanted to drop in to let you know that we are, as always, looking for new recruits to join our ranks!

If you've seen our Company Bio or any of the posts in this thread, you'll know that we're far from an Achilles grind company, but we're steadily getting closer to the coveted Achilles helmet and that's got a lot of us pretty excited. With Halo Infinite being delayed and Spartan Rank 152 still left to attain, myself and many others are as active as ever in Halo 5 Multiplayer and we want everyone to share in the glory!

As long as you meet our basic requirements, which can be found on our company bio page, send us a personalized join request with your age included!

See you on the battlefield.

-UH
If you are friendly, laid back, respectful, and a halo nerd, we are the company for you! We love the lore, all the different Halo games, and love to learn new ways to play the games.

We are not just a company. We are a community and take care of each other. We love to laugh, joke around, goof off, and build lasting friendships.

We have very few requirements.
1. At minimum, play one game a month.
2. Must be at least 16 years old (there are a some exceptions).
3. Must join our discord
4. Treat everyone with respect.

If you’re interested in joining a great group of people who are really chill, come check us out. Feel free to message me with any questions you have.

Don’t just take my word for it. Join us on discord and see it firsthand.
We are looking for a few fun Spartans. We are one of the most fun company’s around. Super laid back and we are looking to add a few more members to our already great team.

join us on discord and see what we are all about. I promise, you won’t be disappointed.

https://discord.gg/Z8b4AM
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2