Forums / Community / Recruiting

Can someone help a newbie?

OP The Big Doogan

To keep this brief, if you aren't interested in reading about me then skip to the second paragraph. I don't think my life is really worth taking the time to read about but I included it to explain why I made this post. With that said, I am a former hardcore Halo player who dropped the series about a year or so after Bungie departed. A few months ago I picked up the Master Chief Collection on a whim and decided I would play through the series again for the hell of it. After finishing Halo 4 on legendary and being awarded my Legend achievement, I decided I really wanted to get back into Halo. Now I need new friends to play with and I would like to eventually join a spartan company.

Are there any clans or spartan companies willing to bring in a newbie? I'm not a bad player by any stretch but I have virtually no helpful REQs and it's been a minute since I last played competitive, sweaty Halo. I intend to play at least a small bit every day that I can but I do work full time and I'm currently in school as well so I won't be on everyday. If anyone has any tips or would be willing to let a newbie join up with their spartan company that would be appreciated. Thanks
Tip wise; grind Firefight for a bit. You dont really need to have super high level REQs to beat it (thats what other people's tank gunner seats are for after all) and you get a pretty solid REQ payout. That and the fact that its not super sweaty can help you get used to the games mechanics.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I’m in the same boat as you brother. Used to be a hardcore Halo 3 and Reach player then stopped for a few years and now I’m getting back into Halo 5. Feel free to add me, AboveFit