Laso is nearly impossible on halo CE h2

OP Recalibrates

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
demonj00 wrote:
Halo CE is almost impossible on Heroic with no skulls on so I can only imagine what it must be like LASO.
Funny I always find Legendary CE easy
Lol to everyone who thought it was too hard. It's actually impossible now. I got through 7 levels of Halo: CE before the Thanksgiving patch, and now I'm on Two Betrayals, which is where I will probably stop. I spent around 1 hour just getting outside, and by the time I got there, I had very little ammo, no grenades, no shields, and one bit of health. In order to go any further, I have to open the door, melee the grunt that is close to the opening just to get my shields, and somehow fight everyone off (by everyone I mean at least 2 elites, several jackals, and several grunts) without dying. Running to cover is not an option because there is no cover I can get even 1/95th of the way to before dying. It is impossible for them to have play-tested this new set, even with the best in the gaming world. The original set was doable, but the new set it entirely unachievable. You'd think with all the complaints about how hard it originally was, they wouldn't make it 7 times worse. But leave it to 343... I trusted them with Halo initially, and Halo: MCC was good enough to make up for Halo 4, which wasn't entirely terrible. I couldn't care less about the glitches and technical issues, because this is probably the most technically complex thing done in gaming in a long time, or maybe ever. But the things they do have control over like LASO skulls... the decisions in this area should be on par with how great the rest of the game is. The new LASO set is a thing which only .0001% of players will achieve. What a horrible use of resources and time, 343.
It's supposed to be hard. A gameplay that is set apart from the hardest ("normal") list of difficulty. I for one find it refreshing that they added a mode that is near impossible yet, at the same time, possible if the player has patience and strategically sets up each encounter for the next (ie: if you can bypass one to save ammo for the next, etc).

That said, it's a -Yoink-, yes it surely is. However, outside of Iron it isn't mind boggling (I cannot stand Iron). If the player becomes good at grenade placements, using the pistol and, most of all, learning how to melee properly they should be able to get through it. Two Betrayals is, in my opinion, the worst of CE for the first half of it but once the Flood come into it full bore it is much easier as the Flood, again in my view, are the easier of the two factions to deal with on SLASO.

I have never played LASO (or anything for that matter) under Co-Op so perhaps that would make things easier for those who cannot do it on solo. I am not saying you can't but just making a general observation. In regards to you, c'mon man, you are almost done. You can do it, don't let it slide when you are that close to the finish line. Did you know that in large groups you can force the Covenant to kill each other just by good positioning? Just by continuously peaking your head out they will all shoot in tandem and if some are infront of others, they kill off their own brethren. That discovery has helped me tremendously in the past when I did my LASO runs (before MCC came out). The worst encounter on LASO (in my opinion) for Halo CE is the final section of Two Betrayals when dealing with that mass of forces in front of the Banshee's you need.
I'm not bothering with LASO anytime soon. Especially Halo 2A LASO. Invisible enemies and no shield recharge unless you melee is just BS. If they want is to be LASO then ALL SKULLS should be on not just the ones 343i sees fit.
l Xenoes l wrote:
I'm not bothering with LASO anytime soon. Especially Halo 2A LASO. Invisible enemies and no shield recharge unless you melee is just BS. If they want is to be LASO then ALL SKULLS should be on not just the ones 343i sees fit.
Believe it or not but the shield recharge via melee is actually a very good thing. Essentially (if you are accurate) you will have a constant shield and no issue with large groups (except Hunters). Most enemies (even elites) telegraph all their moves so if you easily move and bash and, with that, have a full shield due to it. It's way, WAY more effective than shooting them. I am serious man. Play Pillar of Autumn and give it a try and you'll see. That mission is a good training level for those looking to try it.
I am lucky to have completed CEA on LASO with the previous skull set. I think that they haven't playtested any of the skull sets to date, and they are just randomly placing skulls until it's doable. CEA was definitely doable solo and was a piece of cacke (seriously ridiculous) if you were on co-op as the first player could sit behind, spawning the other player unlimited times. It took a lot amount of time but it was doable. Now? I have no idea. Halo 2 was and is still ridiculous and broken as it does not give any checkpoints. Good job 343. Once more, good job.
I completed LASO for CEA on the new skull set, 3, and 4... I still think that 2A is virtually impossible under the current skull set. At a minimum, 343i needs to enable the Envy skull, as Envy was in LASO back in the day anyway.
Add me for LASO runs gt is my username.
I completed LASO for CEA on the new skulls set, 3, and 4... I still think that 2A is virtually impossible under the current skull set. At a minimum, 343i needs to enable the Envy skull, as Envy was in LASO back in the day anyway.
Ι don't know if you went solo but in co-op it seems pretty doable for me with the current skull set as long as the game is giving out checkpoints!
I completed LASO for CEA on the new skulls set, 3, and 4... I still think that 2A is virtually impossible under the current skull set. At a minimum, 343i needs to enable the Envy skull, as Envy was in LASO back in the day anyway.

Ι don't know if you went solo but in co-op it seems pretty doable for me with the current skull set as long as the game is giving out checkpoints!
Yeah it was okay... Truth and Reconciliation is the first major hurdle, followed by the Library... Then Two Betrayals but if you know how and when to apply speed running tactics appropriately it's not too hard. Just a grind, really.
demonj00 wrote:
Halo CE is almost impossible on Heroic with no skulls on so I can only imagine what it must be like LASO.
seriously?
I'll pass on Halo 2 anniversary. Probably CE too. I'd rather not have my xbox TV and/or controller destroyed.

EDIT: Does the save and quit method when you die work in these games? I don't want to go all the way through a game again doing this if it will not yield correct completion.
demonj00 wrote:
Nah, Heroic is fine. Thats what I play all Halo games on and its alright. Never did a LASO run in any Halo game.
I hope they change The Laso Set back for Halo CEA, it's not so much frustrating and do the correct set for Halo 2 Anniversary
Add me GT: ExiledxArbiter i need a LASO partner that knows what they are doing.
I'll pass on Halo 2 anniversary. Probably CE too. I'd rather not have my xbox TV and/or controller destroyed.

EDIT: Does the save and quit method when you die work in these games? I don't want to go all the way through a game again doing this if it will not yield correct completion.
Yes the save and quit method works but it can lead to the, "Untracked Build," error that essentially makes you restart that level.
I hope they change The Laso Set back for Halo CEA, it's not so much frustrating and do the correct set for Halo 2 Anniversary
In my opinion Halo 2 set is fine. But the game isn't giving checkpoints which makes it impossible to do. Maybe they have to look at the checkpoint system and the reason it breaks.

In my opinion Halo 2 set is fine. But the game isn't giving checkpoints which makes it impossible to do. Maybe they have to look at the checkpoint system and the reason it breaks.
Just enable the Scarab Skull
Playing Halo 4 LASO on the 360, it was evident that the game was designed so that playing with all skulls on was achievable. I competed the entire game without glitching, and the only encounter I recall skipping was the last wave of Covenant Remnant troops on the hull of the Dawn (by simply running straight to the next objective from the weapons control panel). I don't think I ever played beyond the first level of Halo 3 LASO, but it's possible that, with the skull modifiers being played up as a standard gameplay feature, some consideration was given to the game being playable with all skulls activated.

The were no skulls in Halo: CE when it was released, so their presence in Anniversary is a shimmed-in afterthought. At best, the skulls were tailored to the game, but since the "challenge" skulls largely mimic the skulls in the games that were intended to have them, it makes sense that gameplay with the maximum handicap would be less tenable.

The situation with Halo 2 was largely the same as CE. Yes, there were skulls in the original, but even playing LASO mode required jumping through perhaps as many hoops as trying to conquer a mission at that difficulty. Skulls could not simply be switched on and off and only persisted until the Xbox was powered down. "Saving" skulls technically wasn't even possible. The closest one could come was to make multiple Xbox profiles and save at checkpoint before each skull was acquired. To play LASO, you would have to load 15 saves on as many profiles, grabbing each skull after each save was loaded, then quit and start from Cairo Station on a sixteenth profile (or you'd screw up the save for the last skull loaded). All that being said, Bungie obviously didn't tweak the game to make it playable for all five people who would ever go through and do all of that.
Been doing the laso playlist and absolutely stuck on the end of two betrayed, always run out of ammo or something, tried it on 7+ occasions at about 5hrs a run. -Yoink- is nearly impossible. If there are any savages out there that think they can hang definitely hit me up on xbl, my gt is Dankologist.
They need to get rid of blind skull! That skull is beyond stupid, it makes Legendary without the skulls difficult
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3