Is this for like Firefight versus?
Spartans vs elites firefight on reach need a player
yes
yes
360 or MCC?

DM me, I may be interested depending on when.
What is Firefight Versus? I forget if that's a custom game or matchmaking playlist.
Geoffyz wrote:
What is Firefight Versus? I forget if that's a custom game or matchmaking playlist.
It's a custom game. It's one of my favorite forgotten gametypes in Reach, where one player (or more) would play as a Spartan fighting waves of enemies, while the other player would play as an Elite and fight alongside the Covenant forces to try and defeat those playing as the Spartans.
Geoffyz wrote:
It's a custom game. It's one of my favorite forgotten gametypes in Reach, where one player (or more) would play as a Spartan fighting waves of enemies, while the other player would play as an Elite and fight alongside the Covenant forces to try and defeat those playing as the Spartans.
Oh now I remember, thanks. It's like a custom Invasion map and gametype, right?
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
No, not at all. It was created by Bungie for the game. You just go into Firefight and select to play Firefight Versus.

It's designed as a 2 v 2 Firefight, 2 Spartans and 2 Elites. The Elites play with the waves of AI enemies, attempting to kill the Spartans, or take down the generators if it's Genny Defense. The Spartans have X amount of lives, so essentially those playing as the Elites try to ambush the Spartans and take them down while they're killing the AI. The Spartans get extra lives for killing the player controlled Elites. It goes for the 5 rounds, and then sides switch. Whoever has the highest score at the end wins.

It wasn't supported well by Bungie. It was put in a matchmaking playlist I think once in OG Reach, and the lag was unbearable. The Spartans were also overpowered, with better weapons, maps designed for defensive positions, and the ability to earn lives back for killing Elites. Eventually, player Elites just started betraying their own team so Spartans couldn't score as many points instead. It was essentially abandoned after this playlist went out of rotation.

I've always thought it was a ton of fun, a great idea, and should have been supported better - but I'm no game designer.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:
No, not at all. It was created by Bungie for the game. You just go into Firefight and select to play Firefight Versus.

It's designed as a 2 v 2 Firefight, 2 Spartans and 2 Elites. The Elites play with the waves of AI enemies, attempting to kill the Spartans, or take down the generators if it's Genny Defense. The Spartans have X amount of lives, so essentially those playing as the Elites try to ambush the Spartans and take them down while they're killing the AI. The Spartans get extra lives for killing the player controlled Elites. It goes for the 5 rounds, and then sides switch. Whoever has the highest score at the end wins.

It wasn't supported well by Bungie. It was put in a matchmaking playlist I think once in OG Reach, and the lag was unbearable. The Spartans were also overpowered, with better weapons, maps designed for defensive positions, and the ability to earn lives back for killing Elites. Eventually, player Elites just started betraying their own team so Spartans couldn't score as many points instead. It was essentially abandoned after this playlist went out of rotation.

I've always thought it was a ton of fun, a great idea, and should have been supported better - but I'm no game designer.
When was it introduced in the game? It seems similar to Invasion but I don't remember it.

Anyway OP, I'm willing to play also.