Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Recruiting

People to play with?

OP GTK ALL DAY

I don’t know if it is due to a bunch of new players coming in, or just bad luck. But I feel as of recently my teams have been… horrible. I’m a very team based player. I try to work with my team and it seems like my teammates never do the objective (except for slayer). I’m no MLG player, but I’m not bad. I mean last game on off ball 2 people quit and my teammate went 2-18. I play as much as possible, work during the day, and am a father until I can play. Lol. I’d like 3 people to play with, communicate. Etc. idk. I feel like no one has a mic now adays. It’s become awkward. Last person who had a mic was a kid kept screaming everyone sucked and went 2-13 😂
I don’t know if it is due to a bunch of new players coming in, or just bad luck. But I feel as of recently my teams have been… horrible. I’m a very team based player. I try to work with my team and it seems like my teammates never do the objective (except for slayer). I’m no MLG player, but I’m not bad. I mean last game on off ball 2 people quit and my teammate went 2-18. I play as much as possible, work during the day, and am a father until I can play. Lol. I’d like 3 people to play with, communicate. Etc. idk. I feel like no one has a mic now adays. It’s become awkward. Last person who had a mic was a kid kept screaming everyone sucked and went 2-13 😂
Slayers a much easier straight forward playlist to play for people. Team arena and solo duo can be a mixed bag, and also are just naturally more difficult with the changed settings and teams (team arena) actually usually being a full squad thats been grinding that playlist each and every season.

Do you use your mic when you play though? To my suprise a lot of people have mics but just don't use them until someone speaks first. I usually play with a group of people when I'm on, but they're not always on. I don't particularly care at all about my rank in this game since the ranking systems become a joke. I've literally ranked into onyx with someone at the same d6 progress bar and watched them place over 20 points higher than me while I did better, we lose 3 games where I did better each time....and I've dropped nearly 3 entire ranks below onyx while that dude is still an onyx...and many occurrences where I play with higher ranked players and I do fairly well where my progress bar just hardly moves but 1 loss and the thing goes down 75%. So somehow my MMR is all jacked up but I mean....idc. I just love playing the game with friends. It can say plat 1 for all I care. I know I have a pair of thumbs. I don't feel like going through the process of making a new account just to have fresh MMR history. It's not that serious. I never put the "win" above enjoying the game...however...when you play alone...in all fairness, a loss can be maddening if we're left to curse F bombs into the abyss of our own muted mics all alone.

Feel free to send an invite anytime bro. If I'm on with some friends we'll get you in with us as well. A group of homies I've made, and when we're 8 players on we play a lot of customs. We all know the call outs and the basic stuff. Various mixture of skill, and no one has a ridiculous ego. Anyone's welcome that isn't a toxic player. Most of us are also in the older age group, and I myself can relate to your situation. Father, provider, and still games.
You can typically find some pretty good players on the Discord servers.

Feel free to add me
Pheinted wrote:
Slayers a much easier straight forward playlist to play for people. Team arena and solo duo can be a mixed bag, and also are just naturally more difficult with the changed settings and teams (team arena) actually usually being a full squad thats been grinding that playlist each and every season.

Do you use your mic when you play though? To my suprise a lot of people have mics but just don't use them until someone speaks first. I usually play with a group of people when I'm on, but they're not always on. I don't particularly care at all about my rank in this game since the ranking systems become a joke. I've literally ranked into onyx with someone at the same d6 progress bar and watched them place over 20 points higher than me while I did better, we lose 3 games where I did better each time....and I've dropped nearly 3 entire ranks below onyx while that dude is still an onyx...and many occurrences where I play with higher ranked players and I do fairly well where my progress bar just hardly moves but 1 loss and the thing goes down 75%. So somehow my MMR is all jacked up but I mean....idc. I just love playing the game with friends. It can say plat 1 for all I care. I know I have a pair of thumbs. I don't feel like going through the process of making a new account just to have fresh MMR history. It's not that serious. I never put the "win" above enjoying the game...however...when you play alone...in all fairness, a loss can be maddening if we're left to curse F bombs into the abyss of our own muted mics all alone.

Feel free to send an invite anytime bro. If I'm on with some friends we'll get you in with us as well. A group of homies I've made, and when we're 8 players on we play a lot of customs. We all know the call outs and the basic stuff. Various mixture of skill, and no one has a ridiculous ego. Anyone's welcome that isn't a toxic player. Most of us are also in the older age group, and I myself can relate to your situation. Father, provider, and still games.
Definitely will send you an invite later bro! I’ve only been playing the MP for about 3-4 months now. When I originally got the fame when it released I beat the campaign and was highly upset that I never touched it again until recently. Just getting back into the flow of a game Ive been playing for nearly 20 years of my life. I will say halo 5’s MP is my favorite to date. Game is super smooth for a game that released 5 years ago. And mad as hell that I didn’t play those past years. So I’m still learning a lot every time I play. Yeah I had my KD at a solid 1.7 up until this week and for like four days in a row I have had horrible teammates. As for the ranking. I don’t even understand it. I just play ranked stack up req points and just prepare myself for infinite flighting. 😂 appreciate the comment and the invitation man. Just tryna play halo. 😂
Pheinted wrote:

Definitely will send you an invite later bro! I’ve only been playing the MP for about 3-4 months now. When I originally got the fame when it released I beat the campaign and was highly upset that I never touched it again until recently. Just getting back into the flow of a game Ive been playing for nearly 20 years of my life. I will say halo 5’s MP is my favorite to date. Game is super smooth for a game that released 5 years ago. And mad as hell that I didn’t play those past years. So I’m still learning a lot every time I play. Yeah I had my KD at a solid 1.7 up until this week and for like four days in a row I have had horrible teammates. As for the ranking. I don’t even understand it. I just play ranked stack up req points and just prepare myself for infinite flighting. 😂 appreciate the comment and the invitation man. Just tryna play halo. 😂
All good bro. I've played this game since day 1 and have honestly uninstalled it countless times through frustrating experience of being a solo player. This game is ZERO fun alone. So I'm a returning player (although I returned months ago). Don't worry about your rank or KD. We're also all down to help each other out and stuff. Pretty welcoming group of friends, and all pretty humble. I'm definitely no MLG pro, but always down to help if I have anything I can offer to help.
Feel free to add me.
I mainly play slayer, but open to more game modes if I’m playing with others that have mics. I only have a couple friends that currently play, so looking for people to play more often with.

Anyone feel free to add me, GT: top21em
Thank you all for the invites and responses.