The perfect age for a player who played all Halo's

OP Pulse Optional

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4

Trust me I am not that age. I am older but if there was a world that wrapped around all Halo gaming I would have wanted to be 34 this year.

Halo CE 2001 - You would have been 19 and hopefully in college or had a friend with his own place to LAN partyville.
Halo 2 2004 - 22yrs old. A great age to hit the MP world online and still can have awesome LAN parties with the bros.
Halo 3 2007 - 25yrs old. Probably in gaming peak physically and gaming intelligence is pretty high as well.
Halo ODST 2009 - 27yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach.
Halo Reach 2010 - 28yrs old. Marriage and Kids have come into play reducing time on MP. Awesome Campaign and Forge to fall back on.
Halo 4 2012 - 30yrs old. Your kids are at there most high maintenance and you picked the right time to not have the optimal MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 33yrs old. Your kids are getting a little older which allows you to play more MP. Good timing.

Unless your parents died in a tragic boating accident and left you with Millions to afford your own LAN Party palace for Halo CE and you don't believe in marriage or kids then the optimal age would be 29-38.
non of this matters, age doesnt matter, as long as you have played all of them. Heck you could be 15 now and have played all of them. Sure you dont have that lan party memory but at least they have experienced Halo through all stages of its life (gameplay and story wise)
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? What's the point, pulse?
non of this matters, age doesnt matter, as long as you have played all of them. Heck you could be 15 now and have played all of them. Sure you dont have that lan party memory but at least they have experienced Halo through all stages of its life (gameplay and story wise)
Well if you are a Campaign only guy then it wouldn't matter I guess. Although you would be ripping on some of the graphics on the older stuff.
I think this post is kind of cool haha I don't even know why I just enjoyed thinking about it.
I'm 47. I have played them all. But I didn't get into multiplayer of any kind for any titles until 2010. I was only interested in the single player. Then the MP obsession struck me Blame Gears of War 3 for that. and Ever since then , I have been playing almost every shooter MP there is on the market trying to make up for lost time.
looks like I'm 2 years too late

mmm....Halo CE LAN parties for cases of beer in college
My point is the age of experiencing all of the Campaigns without going backwards. Experiencing all MP's competitively in your gaming prime and potential lifestyle/maturity prime. The appreciation of CE really went with the discovery of CE and how there was nothing really like this world. Typically there is a level of glue to the 1st experience with Halo. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your 1st exposure was Reach you would compare all versions to it. You would likely think Halo CE sucks because it's lack of options, customization, forge, sprint, and jetpacks.
There is no perfect age as far a I'm concerned. I'm 49 and remember the lan parties, what a blast. 30 hours straight one long weekend. I miss those days!
My point is the age of experiencing all of the Campaigns without going backwards. Experiencing all MP's competitively in your gaming prime and potential lifestyle/maturity prime. The appreciation of CE really went with the discovery of CE and how there was nothing really like this world. Typically there is a level of glue to the 1st experience with Halo. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your 1st exposure was Reach you would compare all versions to it. You would likely think Halo CE sucks because it's lack of options, customization, forge, sprint, and jetpacks.
Well, you nailed me pretty well. You were off by a year. On the other hand there was no requirement for someone to be 18 or 19 in 2001 to experience CE to it's fullest. Someone could have been 45 and still played and 5 and 6 years olds probably played the multiplayer as well.
guess i started to early.
Also I blame ye 40 year olds for why since CE I've never been able to git good.
Well, you nailed me pretty well. You were off by a year. On the other hand there was no requirement for someone to be 18 or 19 in 2001 to experience CE to it's fullest. Someone could have been 45 and still played and 5 and 6 years olds probably played the multiplayer as well.
My point to get at that age was independence for LAN MP parties. Relying on mom and dad to approve 10+ friends to come over when you were 14 or 15 would only happen once a month if you were lucky. They would never approve 1 to 2 LAN's per week. If you were in college at this time or had just one single friend of your group with his own place or roommates that loved this game like you did he could host frequently. Me and my friends were in our mid to late 20's when these LAN parties hit and we had insane fun but I am trying to essentially analyze franchise gameplay optimization. We were playing GoldenEye (auto-aim off License to kill) then Starcraft in our college years and while they were pretty fun it was no Halo. The resource and mobility advantage of LAN parties via Halo CE gave it advantages over PC at that particular time. PC LAN parties can be fun too but mobility wise they are a bear for setup. Dropping 4 dudes on one 32" Tube and only needing one of the 4 to own the game was easy recruitment and a cheap way to entertain the masses. Our avg LAN party for Halo CE was 8 players. Halo 2 Launch we had 20 players. We had a friggin bench for a LAN party. If you scrape the drywall and listen carefully you can still hear the smack talk absorbed into the wall.
Ugh... let's see. Upon Halo: CE's release, I had already been OP's [now] perfect age for a little over 2 weeks. Seems to have nailed me pretty well in the aspect that of the appreciation of CE. The first experience really does set the tone and I was definitely glued. So, if you're at that age where you just don't feel like being bothered to do the math... heh... then yeah, my 49th will be coming up near the end of this month.
I was 10 when CE came out. I didn't have a console then, but played countless hours at my friends houses. I enjoyed CE so much that I saved up for the next several years to buy an Original Xbox only to play Halo 2. That way I can host my own LAN-parties and drink endless amounts of Mountain Dew. I repeated the process for Halo 3, and I had just as an amazing amount of fun and memorable moments. Reach was kind of a let down, so my friends and I stuck with Halo 3 and even Halo 2 occasionally due to the fact that we couldn't decide which of the two was better. When Halo 4 came out, most everyone hated it, and stopped playing Halo all together (thanks 343). Because of this I was forced to play Halo 4 online 90% of the time. I was in college at the same time, so finding time to play became increasingly difficult. Besides, Halo 4 was garbage. It was due to this fact that I started to try out other games. I never thought I would do such a thing, but... 343. The MCC came out next, and my friends and I became excited to relive our past only to yet again be shut down by 343. At this point all of my friends switched to PS4 or refused to play a game that says 343 anywhere on it. Now, I'm stuck playing completely solo all of the time. I am now 24 and have a ton of free time. I have Halo 5, a great internet connection, my own house, Xbox One, I go to the gym for 2-3 hours a day, a have an amazing job, and I have 5-6 hours of free time every day to play; but no one to play with. Even if someone comes over, there is no split screen. So, yeah, I miss the good old days. The ones where you earned your armor, no micro-transactions, no warzone, skill was key, everyone talked about Halo, life-long friendships started because of Halo, and more. I only wish I were a little older, or more matured so I could've enjoyed them more, or at least was a better player. Now I feel out of place when I speak about Halo. I'm one of the few I know that even play a lot. I still play because Halo 5 can be enjoyable, but it can be so lonely lol.
Man I miss the Halo CE LAN days. Four people sharing a space on a crappy 19" tube TV. I'm starting to realize why my vision is so bad now. Still worth it!
Or, don't get married with kids and party with Halo and bros from CE to H5. :D
King38Ace wrote:
Man I miss the Halo CE LAN days. Four people sharing a space on a crappy 19" tube TV. I'm starting to realize why my vision is so bad now. Still worth it!
Halo CE LAN Parties is why I changed my gamer tag from CROWE to COCQ (Alternate name for Rooster) back then. I noticed call outs were loud and intense and typically referenced the enemies GT and sometimes an ally. By naming my character cocq it forced my friends to say hilarious and terrible things constantly and unintentionally. Sometimes we were laughing so hard we couldn't see straight.

"cocq's backside"
"cocq's coming down the middle"
"cocq's in the cave" (Bloodgulch)
"I'm on cocq"
"Cocq is down!!"
"Watch out for cocq!"
"One shot cocq!"
Y'see... some of these whippersnappers just don't git what Halo was really like back in the day!

Hrmph... online MP. Back then "online MP" was loading up a car with a 100lb tube TV, Xbox and game disc, probably a few cables for the LAN and TV hookup and a controller that could break a toe if you dropped it. Driving to a friend's house and unloading all that crap from the car, lugging it in to a room and hooking it all up, just to play MP.

And some didn't even have a car! Nothing says "Halo fan" like a 95lb kid carrying a 75lb tube TV on his back, through half a foot of snow, for 3 blocks, while his brother followed, carrying the Xbox and tried to use the controller as a sled!

I tell ya' these kids nowadays don't know how good they have it...
I was 11 years old when first Halo came out. Id say this was a pretty perfect age in my aspect. Grew up loving old systems and then in middle of my child hood xbox revolutionized gaming. Huge step up from consoles before hand and had a amazing connection with the campaigns. Spend my childhood playing halo until now at 26 and is still a great experience. Not the same as when you are younger. Im sure most people think they were the perfect age there is a reason why we are still here 15 years later.
I'm 15 and I was playing CE and 2 when I was like 4 or 5. Deal with it.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4