The perfect age for a player who played all Halo's

OP Pulse Optional

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm 22. My mom didn't let me play CE when my uncle bought it for me at release. Had to be sneaky.
I disagree with your age thing. I am 18 now and I can safely say I have gottena perfectly fine early Halo experience. I did only really start to seriously play the multiplayer until 3. But now, I can safely say I know more Halo lore than anyone I know. And I am I die hard fan. Oh wait, I'm not your "perfect age" so I think I should just stop all involvement in Halo.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm the same age as Halo. Beat every single one on legendary. Played everyone of it's multiplayer. Reach is my high time for MP tho
most of them are between 20 and 25
non of this matters, age doesnt matter, as long as you have played all of them. Heck you could be 15 now and have played all of them. Sure you dont have that lan party memory but at least they have experienced Halo through all stages of its life (gameplay and story wise)
I'm sixteen, but I've played every Hall, beginning to end, and loved each of them for their own individual twist on an amazing story
Dude, I'm 29. Used to rent the original Xbox with a buddy from "Video Place" (long extinct) just to play CE. I was just entering my freshman year of high school when that game came out.. LAN parties certainly happened. I feel old.
I started playing Halo when I 6 years old. I'm currently 16 and my K/D is a lot higher than yours. I've been with this community for 10 years and my favorite game is CE! Also no respect to you.
non of this matters, age doesnt matter, as long as you have played all of them. Heck you could be 15 now and have played all of them. Sure you dont have that lan party memory but at least they have experienced Halo through all stages of its life (gameplay and story wise)
Bro this is exactly me. I only ever played LAN parties when my older brother had mates over, but even without that I found that just playing the Halo CE campaign time and time again was memorising as a child (Of course I played this on my PC edition in around 2010 when I was 10 years old). My first proper game was Halo Reach which I bought on my first console, and since then I have played 5+ days on each main game and love the franchise. The best part is, although I would be one of the younger players I can avoid being absolute trash at the game, being ranked consistently diamond.
I was born at the wrong time.
Theres no perfect age. Replaying the campaigns anytime is awesome especially with friends. Its pure nostalgia.
This really doesn't make a difference. I'm 16 now and played CE when i was 6, that's pretty much a year before 3 came out. However i am quite certain i enjoyed the game as much as i would have enjoyed it if i were to play it the year it came out. Age is irrelevant.
I started playong Halo when I was nine. I started at Halo 2 and played all of the series in chronological order after. I am presently 19.

I think newer Halo squeakers of today should start at the same age and start at one of the original 2 Halo's as I did, so they grow to understand the lore, the nostalgia, and the gameplay. They may not know the beauty of split screen play and the fun that came from it growing up, but they at least will start at the roots of Halo, which I think is an anchor point that is important to getting into the series.
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? What's the point, pulse?
My point is the age of experiencing all of the Campaigns without going backwards. Experiencing all MP's competitively in your gaming prime and potential lifestyle/maturity prime. The appreciation of CE really went with the discovery of CE and how there was nothing really like this world. Typically there is a level of glue to the 1st experience with Halo. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your 1st exposure was Reach you would compare all versions to it. You would likely think Halo CE sucks because it's lack of options, customization, forge, sprint, and jetpacks.
I'm pretty sure 18-22 is a gamers prime. Most people I've seen become washed soon after they get into their 20's
Possibly the youngest Halo vet here :)

Aged 15, started at 3 yrs old... Bad parents (Kappa).
Halo CE was the first game I ever played
I'm the same age as Halo. Beat every single one on legendary. Played everyone of it's multiplayer. Reach is my high time for MP tho
2001 eh?
I'm now 18years old and I played Halo CE when I was in the first school this was in I think 2005 and a few years later I bought halo 2 and loved it too but I played only the campaign and splitscreen with my friends and I loved that game so many hours and memories.
Halo CE came out when I was 10. Perfect age for the single player. By Halo 2, I was one of those squeakers that OD'd on multiplayer, Halo 3 was High School. Reach was my first apartment, 4 was when I finally got decently stable and 5 was right after I took some time off of school to focus on other things for a while.

I think its lined up pretty well.
OP, I think you're about 5-10 years off.

And I'm not just saying that cause I'm 27, I'm saying that because when CE came out you didn't have to be 19 years old to enjoy it. I was 11, and this was the time before the stresses of getting a job or having any real type of responsibility, and honestly all there was to do was to be a gamer. However it wasn't until Halo 2 was about a year old when I got a sense for what multiplayer was. In 2005 I was 15 and just joined a youth group at my church where honestly after we did our studies and lessons we played couch co-op multiplayer on Halo 2. It was the perfect age to meet people and learn how to work as a team. From then on the games just kept getting better. Halo 3 after class in High School opened the gate for me to buy my very first Xbox 360, with my own money I saved up! When Reach came out in 2010, arguably the best multiplayer experience for Halo, I was ripe into college and the dorm parties were all about it... at least during the week. The weekends we had much different distractions... lol

Anyway, I appreciate your opinion, but I disagree. With my age group I felt like Bungie was growing up WITH me, that's why Its stuck with me for so long. Great post! I like the connection from the games to our lives.
Y'see... some of these whippersnappers just don't git what Halo was really like back in the day!

Hrmph... online MP. Back then "online MP" was loading up a car with a 100lb tube TV, Xbox and game disc, probably a few cables for the LAN and TV hookup and a controller that could break a toe if you dropped it. Driving to a friend's house and unloading all that crap from the car, lugging it in to a room and hooking it all up, just to play MP.

And some didn't even have a car! Nothing says "Halo fan" like a 95lb kid carrying a 75lb tube TV on his back, through half a foot of snow, for 3 blocks, while his brother followed, carrying the Xbox and tried to use the controller as a sled!

I tell ya' these kids nowadays don't know how good they have it...
Lol, I'm one of those whippersnappers and I know some of the feeling of a LAN party, but only the small TV screen being made even smaller by another friend and calling out stupid names and then dying in real life and the game after. I'm disappointed because I missed the fun. I wish I would have been able to take part in LAN parties and such things when the internet wasn't everything. I'll get to enjoy the next halos, but I don't want them to be my standard. I wish I was born sooner.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4