Forums / Community / Recruiting

The perfect age for a player who played all Halo's

OP Pulse Optional

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm 28 and have been playing since the CE demo was in the Xbox Kiosk before it's official launch in 2001
I have played all the halo's and i'm 16. I started with Halo CE and I've been hooked ever since. I was like 7 when I started.
Wraith0912 wrote:
I'm 15 and I was playing CE and 2 when I was like 4 or 5. Deal with it.
Spoiler:
Show

Same BRO!
34

Halo CE 2001 - You would have been 19 and hopefully in college or had a friend with his own place to LAN partyville.
Halo 2 2004 - 22yrs old. A great age to hit the MP world online and still can have awesome LAN parties with the bros.
Halo 3 2007 - 25yrs old. Probably in gaming peak physically and gaming intelligence is pretty high as well.
Halo ODST 2009 - 27yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach.
Halo Reach 2010 - 28yrs old. Marriage and Kids have come into play reducing time on MP. Awesome Campaign and Forge to fall back on.
Halo 4 2012 - 30yrs old. Your kids are at there most high maintenance and you picked the right time to not have the optimal MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 33yrs old. Your kids are getting a little older which allows you to play more MP. Good timing.
It is scary how close this is to my actual life...
Their really is no proper age to start playing Halo its a game everyone should get a chance to experience it
34

Trust me I am not that age. I am older but if there was a world that wrapped around all Halo gaming I would have wanted to be 34 this year.

Halo CE 2001 - You would have been 19 and hopefully in college or had a friend with his own place to LAN partyville.
Halo 2 2004 - 22yrs old. A great age to hit the MP world online and still can have awesome LAN parties with the bros.
Halo 3 2007 - 25yrs old. Probably in gaming peak physically and gaming intelligence is pretty high as well.
Halo ODST 2009 - 27yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach.
Halo Reach 2010 - 28yrs old. Marriage and Kids have come into play reducing time on MP. Awesome Campaign and Forge to fall back on.
Halo 4 2012 - 30yrs old. Your kids are at there most high maintenance and you picked the right time to not have the optimal MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 33yrs old. Your kids are getting a little older which allows you to play more MP. Good timing.

Unless your parents died in a tragic boating accident and left you with Millions to afford your own LAN Party palace for Halo CE and you don't believe in marriage or kids then the optimal age would be 29-38.
I am inclined to disagree, 27 is my age and the perfect one.

Halo CE 2001 - 12yrs old, smarter than the average kid. Able to mow lawns in order to get the 4 50ft cables needed for a good LAN party.
Halo 2 2004 - 15yrs old. This was huge, because I could afford a monthly subscription to xblive. Had everyone I knew in HS playing H2, and party after party and tourneys.
Halo 3 2007 - 18yrs old. What I think is the peak age for gamers. These were my best times.
Halo ODST 2009 - 20yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach. (Can't change this one).
Halo Reach 2010 - 21yrs old. Still in college, plenty of time for booze and Halo.
Halo 4 2012 - 23yrs old. You can have this one I bought it and sent it right back to gamestop after completing Campaign and 50 or so matches in MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 27yrs old. Married, have 3 step kids, 18, 16, and 13. 2 girls 1 boy as the youngest. 13 year old plays with me, and the girls don't watch tv or play video games. All they do is play on phones and gossip. I guess really this age kinda just worked for me, but I enjoyed this post. Prop OP.
I am 17 and I was trying to play CE when I was 2. Halo 2 was when I could finally actually play without a munchkin controller, by the time Halo 3 came out I was 7 and actually had a feel for the games. ODST to me was different but I loved being a regular human, at that time I had already started to read the books. Halo reach was my first midnight release it was also my prime at 10 years old getting into multiplayer. I then proceeded to go to the Halo 4 midnight release I played it a lot. Dont play much Halo 5 in comparison to the others but I still find time. Age doesn't really matter it comes down to how much a person can appreciate the campaigns and story, if a 6 year old can comprehend it awesome! Also having lan parties, I had a more than my fair share in 2008 I would round up my neighborhood friends and get them all at my house every weekend, my parents were gamers so they enjoyed seeing me get into it too.
HYv47 wrote:
I disagree with your age thing. I am 18 now and I can safely say I have gottena perfectly fine early Halo experience. I did only really start to seriously play the multiplayer until 3. But now, I can safely say I know more Halo lore than anyone I know. And I am I die hard fan. Oh wait, I'm not your "perfect age" so I think I should just stop all involvement in Halo.
I don't think you are understanding my point on my post. It wasn't to disrespect any age bracket at all. Even though I clearly stated in my post that I am not the "optimal age" many think I am chest thumping here and that is not the case at all.

It's my opinion on if I had the choice to choose a sweet spot age that would be my age today. Because then my college years would be the LAN because it's easy and local. Pretty easy to gather up a crew too and it's actually cheap and amazing entertainment with is another solid for college. My friends and I would have been in our "gaming prime" physically and intellectually for H2 and H3. Then joking that the H4 multi-player was kind of meh so a good time to get married and have kids.

I appreciate and respect ALL age brackets. Most of us are on this forum because we are passionate fans. I am enjoying reading all of the ages and experiences on here. I apologize if I offended anyone as it was truly not my intent at all. This was a study on an age sweet spot that I wasn't even in.
I am inclined to disagree, 27 is my age and the perfect one.

Halo CE 2001 - 12yrs old, smarter than the average kid. Able to mow lawns in order to get the 4 50ft cables needed for a good LAN party.
Halo 2 2004 - 15yrs old. This was huge, because I could afford a monthly subscription to xblive. Had everyone I knew in HS playing H2, and party after party and tourneys.
Halo 3 2007 - 18yrs old. What I think is the peak age for gamers. These were my best times.
Halo ODST 2009 - 20yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach. (Can't change this one).
Halo Reach 2010 - 21yrs old. Still in college, plenty of time for booze and Halo.
Halo 4 2012 - 23yrs old. You can have this one I bought it and sent it right back to gamestop after completing Campaign and 50 or so matches in MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 27yrs old. Married, have 3 step kids, 18, 16, and 13. 2 girls 1 boy as the youngest. 13 year old plays with me, and the girls don't watch tv or play video games. All they do is play on phones and gossip. I guess really this age kinda just worked for me, but I enjoyed this post. Prop OP.
That sounds like a lot of fun man! Nice work! I am really enjoying hearing about everyone's experience and how they opened up the Halo book. If my parents were cool enough to let me host LAN parties at 12 I might have a different sweet spot here. Props to you!
I am inclined to disagree, 27 is my age and the perfect one.

Halo CE 2001 - 12yrs old, smarter than the average kid. Able to mow lawns in order to get the 4 50ft cables needed for a good LAN party.
Halo 2 2004 - 15yrs old. This was huge, because I could afford a monthly subscription to xblive. Had everyone I knew in HS playing H2, and party after party and tourneys.
Halo 3 2007 - 18yrs old. What I think is the peak age for gamers. These were my best times.
Halo ODST 2009 - 20yrs old. A solid distraction before Reach. (Can't change this one).
Halo Reach 2010 - 21yrs old. Still in college, plenty of time for booze and Halo.
Halo 4 2012 - 23yrs old. You can have this one I bought it and sent it right back to gamestop after completing Campaign and 50 or so matches in MP.
Halo 5 2015 - 27yrs old. Married, have 3 step kids, 18, 16, and 13. 2 girls 1 boy as the youngest. 13 year old plays with me, and the girls don't watch tv or play video games. All they do is play on phones and gossip. I guess really this age kinda just worked for me, but I enjoyed this post. Prop OP.
That sounds like a lot of fun man! Nice work! I am really enjoying hearing about everyone's experience and how they opened up the Halo book. If my parents were cool enough to let me host LAN parties at 12 I might have a different sweet spot here. Props to you!
Sure was, thanks.
I think this was more, explaining how his experience was perfect for him. As mine was for me. Truly there is nothing like starting from scratch. That's why I don't play any sequels til I play the first one. Even if it's 10 years old.
HYv47 wrote:
I disagree with your age thing. I am 18 now and I can safely say I have gottena perfectly fine early Halo experience. I did only really start to seriously play the multiplayer until 3. But now, I can safely say I know more Halo lore than anyone I know. And I am I die hard fan. Oh wait, I'm not your "perfect age" so I think I should just stop all involvement in Halo.
I don't think you are understanding my point on my post. It wasn't to disrespect any age bracket at all. Even though I clearly stated in my post that I am not the "optimal age" many think I am chest thumping here and that is not the case at all.

It's my opinion on if I had the choice to choose a sweet spot age that would be my age today. Because then my college years would be the LAN because it's easy and local. Pretty easy to gather up a crew too and it's actually cheap and amazing entertainment with is another solid for college. My friends and I would have been in our "gaming prime" physically and intellectually for H2 and H3. Then joking that the H4 multi-player was kind of meh so a good time to get married and have kids.

I appreciate and respect ALL age brackets. Most of us are on this forum because we are passionate fans. I am enjoying reading all of the ages and experiences on here. I apologize if I offended anyone as it was truly not my intent at all. This was a study on an age sweet spot that I wasn't even in.
I guess I misunderstood. I would have chosen to be 21 right not. At least to get a more of a feel for 2. But I am not exaggerating in the slightest here when I say Halo 3 was some of the funnest days of my my Halo career. I also had some very good times with Reach. But I will always consider Halo 3 to be...
Spoiler:
Show
HYv47 wrote:
I disagree with your age thing. I am 18 now and I can safely say I have gottena perfectly fine early Halo experience. I did only really start to seriously play the multiplayer until 3. But now, I can safely say I know more Halo lore than anyone I know. And I am I die hard fan. Oh wait, I'm not your "perfect age" so I think I should just stop all involvement in Halo.
Way to exhibit the maturity level of an 18 year old! Your missing the OPs point. He's not saying you can't or shouldn't enjoy Halo. He's saying the full potential of the HCE multiplayer experience would be difficult or impossible to achieve without the freedom that comes with adulthood. At 3 or 4 years old you could not even begin to grasp the concept of a LAN party, the effort it took to get one together or the energy it created with so many fierce trash talking buddies playing in such close proximity. But that's the way it was before xbox live and H2 and thats what most of Halos newer players have never had the fortune of experiencing. That's all the OP is trying to say.
I started playing Halo when I 6 years old. I'm currently 16 and my K/D is a lot higher than yours. I've been with this community for 10 years and my favorite game is CE! Also no respect to you.
Sick burn.....and another shining example of just how immature teenagers can be.
34
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? What's the point, pulse?
My point is the age of experiencing all of the Campaigns without going backwards. Experiencing all MP's competitively in your gaming prime and potential lifestyle/maturity prime. The appreciation of CE really went with the discovery of CE and how there was nothing really like this world. Typically there is a level of glue to the 1st experience with Halo. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your 1st exposure was Reach you would compare all versions to it. You would likely think Halo CE sucks because it's lack of options, customization, forge, sprint, and jetpacks.
I was 1 when CE came out and 3 when I played it. Growing up with it like that was and still is enough for me to appreciate the game. I only ever truly started MP around being 11 or so on Reach but just because some of us are younger doesn't mean we don't appreciate what Bungie started.
I started playing Halo when I 6 years old. I'm currently 16 and my K/D is a lot higher than yours. I've been with this community for 10 years and my favorite game is CE! Also no respect to you.
Sick burn.....and another shining example of just how immature teenagers can be.
Read my last post, there are those of us that have matured more so than others.
Wraith0912 wrote:
I'm 15 and I was playing CE and 2 when I was like 4 or 5. Deal with it.
Spoiler:
Show

Same dude, I recall playing the campaigns with my dad back then. -3-
I started playing Halo when I 6 years old. I'm currently 16 and my K/D is a lot higher than yours. I've been with this community for 10 years and my favorite game is CE! Also no respect to you.
Sick burn.....and another shining example of just how immature teenagers can be.
Read my last post, there are those of us that have matured more so than others.
Agreed. I apologize, and am not trying to lump every younger player into one category. It just seemed ironic to me that 2 people in a row thought the OP was insulting them, when they clearly had no clue what he was actually trying to say.
34
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here? What's the point, pulse?
My point is the age of experiencing all of the Campaigns without going backwards. Experiencing all MP's competitively in your gaming prime and potential lifestyle/maturity prime. The appreciation of CE really went with the discovery of CE and how there was nothing really like this world. Typically there is a level of glue to the 1st experience with Halo. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if your 1st exposure was Reach you would compare all versions to it. You would likely think Halo CE sucks because it's lack of options, customization, forge, sprint, and jetpacks.
I was 1 when CE came out and 3 when I played it. Growing up with it like that was and still is enough for me to appreciate the game. I only ever truly started MP around being 11 or so on Reach but just because some of us are younger doesn't mean we don't appreciate what Bungie started.
Trust me there is no intent to insult any generation here and to be honest I guess I should have been more clear that this is mainly pointing out a player that was interested in heavily pouring hours into the experience of Campaign AND Multi-player for all copies of Halo. I am not the optimal age I posted either. But I did experience every version in their prime and to be honest the Halo CE LAN party days were revolutionary to us because even though we had some StarCraft LAN party nights and some other games the set ups were really high maintenance via PC. But to have 16 people at a LAN party and only 4 to 6 TV's really made it easy to recruit. I don't know how many times I simply uttered. "Just bring your controller and you are good".

Best Solo Campaign memory - Halo CE
Best Co-op campaign memory - Playing with my son in the hospital H3, Reach, and H4.
Best LAN parties - Tie between CE and H2 were the most frequent. We probably averaged 2 LAN parties per week with CE with the smallest at 6.
Best Online MP - H2, H3, and H5. I honestly enjoyed them all for different reasons though so I am not hating on Reach or H4. If Reach didn't have Armor Lock and bloom it would have been up there with my top 3.
I have 22 and I play since Halo 2 (a little bit of CE before Halo 2) and Halo 3 (2007), I have 22 and I love Halo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4