Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

2v2 Competitive Playlist

OP D M4N8

Anyway we can get this playlist again? Pop is up, there are a lot of 2v2 tournaments, so it would be great practice. I also find it unfair how short lived it was
D M4N8 wrote:
Anyway we can get this playlist again? Pop is up, there are a lot of 2v2 tournaments, so it would be great practice. I also find it unfair how short lived it was
Which Halo are you referring to? There is a 2v2 playlist for H3. I think there are two 2v2 options for H3 ranked actually. Agree I would love to see one for Halo 2 though.
D M4N8 wrote:
Which Halo are you referring to? There is a 2v2 playlist for H3. I think there are two 2v2 options for H3 ranked actually. Agree I would love to see one for Halo 2 though.
Wow! That's actually good to know! H3 has one, but H5 doesn't! What?
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
Wow! That's actually good to know! H3 has one, but H5 doesn't! What?
Oh wow, great point, haven’t been on 5 in a while, didn’t realize. Every halo should get a 2v2 competitive game type for sure!
Am I missing something here? I'm sitting on Halo 5 right now looking at ranked. Theres most definitely a 2v2 playlist, called doubles. Lol, im def not going crazy right?
Am I missing something here? I'm sitting on Halo 5 right now looking at ranked. Theres most definitely a 2v2 playlist, called doubles. Lol, im def not going crazy right?
You're missing the competitive part
D M4N8 wrote:
isn't competitive ranked?
D M4N8 wrote:
No
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
When people are talking competitive they mean the weapon starts and pick ups on map. Soo basically Doubles HCS. Just because a playlist is ranked that doesn't make it competitive. Hardcore Super Fiesta is a good example of a not very competitive ranked playlist
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
When people are talking competitive they mean the weapon starts and pick ups on map. Soo basically Doubles HCS. Just because a playlist is ranked that doesn't make it competitive. Hardcore Super Fiesta is a good example of a not very competitive ranked playlist
Yes! Thank you! That's definitely a good example!
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
Yea I have seen a lot of people that think all ranked playlists are competitive which just isn't true. I would say doubles suffers a lot due to the map selection and same with slayer. These playlists have way too many bad maps with questionable map pick ups. Also in doubles there are a bunch of forge maps that aren't seen anywhere else soo there is a big learning curve there.
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
Yea I have seen a lot of people that think all ranked playlists are competitive which just isn't true. I would say doubles suffers a lot due to the map selection and same with slayer. These playlists have way too many bad maps with questionable map pick ups. Also in doubles there are a bunch of forge maps that aren't seen anywhere else soo there is a big learning curve there.
Yeah, they also ruined the original maps by modifying them to make them noob friendly. Not sure why. They could have just created a Doubles social playlist, instead and kept the 2v2 Competitive playlist going 🤷‍♂️
Ah, I guess I misunderstood too. I've always associated Ranked as the competetive multiplayer option where the best people go to play. But you meant tournament rules competitive essentially? MLG maps/slayers? As a nostalgia boy going back to Halo 2, I love having OG Doubles in ranked honestly. I consider the Ranked playlists all pretty competitive in terms of the people you play in them - people take the games pretty seriously and always go for the win. In Social people mess around way more or just aren't as good.
Ah, I guess I misunderstood too. I've always associated Ranked as the competetive multiplayer option where the best people go to play. But you meant tournament rules competitive essentially? MLG maps/slayers? As a nostalgia boy going back to Halo 2, I love having OG Doubles in ranked honestly. I consider the Ranked playlists all pretty competitive in terms of the people you play in them - people take the games pretty seriously and always go for the win. In Social people mess around way more or just aren't as good.
Ranked can definitely be competitive, but it just depends on the playlist on how competitive it can be. For example, if you remember correctly, back in the glory days, H3 had 3 FFA playlists: Rumble Pit, Lone Wolves, and I believe it was called MLG FFA...
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
Yeah, they also ruined the original maps by modifying them to make them noob friendly. Not sure why. They could have just created a Doubles social playlist, instead and kept the 2v2 Competitive playlist going 🤷‍♂️
What did they do to the original maps ? Did they change the map pick ups ? Guess I never get them when I play doubles usually just get a forge map
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
No
Well my bad then.
What did they do to the original maps ? Did they change the map pick ups ? Guess I never get them when I play doubles usually just get a forge map
Yeah they changed pick up locations and the layouts