Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Matchmaking Feedback & Discussion

343 please fix matchmaking for once.

OP MLG Snipefight

Probably already a thread for this. Does anyone know if 343 will ever take the logical move of making it impossible to match parties of 1 or 2 against full teams of four in ranked playlists? Seriously, it's embarrassing how a halo game has failed to do this since halo 3, which is almost 10 years old. Matching teams in solo search is 0 fun. It bloats the ego of teams who run in 4s and consistently match and stomp groups of randomly assigned players. I could almost understand if a loss to a team of four had less of an impact to your rank, but seemingly the embarrassingly basic ranking system fails to acknowledge this. It's really not a big ask, it's something almost everybody hates.

I would say halo 5 is pretty solid, it's a step in the right direction. Halo has however been plagued by terrible decisions in every title since halo 3. The idea is to make improvements to system in place and progress them. Stop going backwards, this is such a simple fix.
Probably already a thread for this. Does anyone know if 343 will ever take the logical move of making it impossible to match parties of 1 or 2 against full teams of four in ranked playlists? Seriously, it's embarrassing how a halo game has failed to do this since halo 3, which is almost 10 years old. Matching teams in solo search is 0 fun. It bloats the ego of teams who run in 4s and consistently match and stomp groups of randomly assigned players. I could almost understood if a loss to a team of four had less of an impact to your rank, but seemingly the embarrassingly basic ranking system fails to acknowledge this. It's really not a big ask, it's something almost everybody hates.

I would say halo 5 is pretty solid, it's a step in the right direction. Halo has however been plagued by terrible decisions in every title since halo 3. The idea is to make improvements to system in place and progress them. Stop going backwards, this is such a simple fix.
Yeah I've had times where whole fireteams would leave and then my rank would keep going down.
I have the same issue in Warzone - the other day I played against a full fireteam, where my entire team (or so it seems) was random. We were absolutely decimated, something like 168 to 1000. It just makes the game not fun
I agree, this definitely needs to be fixed. I don't have time to make new friends who always are online the chance I get to be online, so I play solo a lot and constantly get matched against teams. So annoying...