2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 16
So from what I've read, there's only one real big feedback for Mantis Arena that I've seen that's been helpful: the gametype needs more maps. To which I agree.

When I made it originally, I never thought about a 4v4 variant and built the map different from the one in Matchmaking. The original ones were set up for more 8v8 oriented combat, as a way for people to get better at piloting the Mantis, and had more gimmicks in the map (ie: Moving blocks, teleporters, man cannons, etc.)

If people want me to make more maps for Mantis Breakout and add in a few other fun ideas for it, I can do that. I just need to know what I can and cannot add into the map that is acceptable for Matchmaking (Scripted blocks not accepted apparently)
so action sack is back and it is the same games no changes .. and skeeball was the first game i got. so what's the deal... thought the point of having it around for 1 month at Christmas was for feedback so they could update the games in action sack. do we have to wait for halo 5 to be added to the master chief collection before they make any changes?
hvip wrote:
so action sack is back and it is the same games no changes .. and skeeball was the first game i got. so what's the deal... thought the point of having it around for 1 month at Christmas was for feedback so they could update the games in action sack. do we have to wait for halo 5 to be added to the master chief collection before they make any changes?
I have not see fortunately golf and prop hunt for now.., they were the worst
One thing I find annoying is when the game type is Minotaurs and your versing a 4 man and 3 of the mantises box in the other mantises so their last fire team buddy wins the game
Elk Camp wrote:
One thing I find annoying is when the game type is Minotaurs and your versing a 4 man and 3 of the mantises box in the other mantises so their last fire team buddy wins the game
Thankfully I've never had this happen.
GYS GHOST wrote:
hvip wrote:
I have not see fortunately golf and prop hunt for now.., they were the worst
they are still there my wife got prop hunt first then Huskey raid then golf. not seen ground pound or snowball ... but they showed a picture of rift ball so i know that is there.. did see some new Huskey raid forge contest so maybe a new Huskey raid map is coming. roaming kings is confirmed as well ... anyone played mongoose sumo... or paint ball

but the fact that skeeball is still in it tells me they have not done anything yet.. also the fact they didn't say come check out the new action sack.
I love GroundPound, it's just so chaotic and lively! Although I feel as though it might be a tad bit better if it was truly only groundpounds, maybe if the plasms pistols did minisculic or no damage. Mantis Breakout I think is perfect the way it is, short and straight into action. The Prop Hunt mode is an interesting take, but it's not too much fun just to wait and die or spam grenade launchers hopeing to get a lucky kill. Sumo is another I like, might be interesting to see a warthog version of it. Golf is great! I like it the way it is, it's like grifball, but golf themed.
MorsLupus wrote:
So from what I've read, there's only one real big feedback for Mantis Arena that I've seen that's been helpful: the gametype needs more maps. To which I agree.

When I made it originally, I never thought about a 4v4 variant and built the map different from the one in Matchmaking. The original ones were set up for more 8v8 oriented combat, as a way for people to get better at piloting the Mantis, and had more gimmicks in the map (ie: Moving blocks, teleporters, man cannons, etc.)

If people want me to make more maps for Mantis Breakout and add in a few other fun ideas for it, I can do that. I just need to know what I can and cannot add into the map that is acceptable for Matchmaking (Scripted blocks not accepted apparently)
That sounds like a terrific idea! It'd be cool to see some of those additions in Mantis Breakout
When is infection coming back
Add:
  • Warthog Race ( Fix all exploits )
  • Warthog Sumo Pit by Hipoppotamus
  • Mad Dash Xtreme by zzSOzz
  • Pac Man
  • Sword Tournament
Keep:
  • Paintball
  • Mongoose Sumo
  • Groundpound arena
  • Riftball
  • Husky Raid
  • Snowball Fight
  • Crazy King
Remove :
  • Mantis Breakout
  • Minotaurs
  • Battle Golf
  • Diminishing King
  • Prop Hunt
  • Skee Ball
MN Walter wrote:
When is infection coming back
It never left.
I don't mind most Action Sack playlists but the only thing that need's to be removed is Skeeball since there is literally nothing fun or challenging about the game. In most cases most people either quit or just give up and start shooting randomly, spinning around because there really doesn't seem much point to the mode since it's luck based, in some case I would join a random game where I've no chance of losing, it still requires me to throw a ball for 2 minutes while knowing there wasn't point to it since there would be zero chance of winning, heck I can't even jump in the mode either so I'm stuck unable to do much of anything, well it get's boring and I barely get any exp for it either.

Action Sack itself never a major refresh at some point.
Love action sack
Add:
  • Warthog Race ( Fix all exploits )
  • Warthog Sumo Pit by Hipoppotamus
  • Mad Dash Xtreme by zzSOzz
  • Pac Man
  • Sword Tournament
Keep:
  • Paintball
  • Mongoose Sumo
  • Groundpound arena
  • Riftball
  • Husky Raid
  • Snowball Fight
  • Crazy King
Remove :
  • Mantis Breakout
  • Minotaurs
  • Battle Golf
  • Diminishing King
  • Prop Hunt
  • Skee Ball
Love this but I doubt 343i will do anything about it, too busy paying all attention to MCC, you know trying to piggyback on the success instead of fixing problems with other games.
Immediate improvement of Action Sack, in my humble opinion, could be achieved with the removal of a few games.

Minotaurs needs to be removed. A slow hide-and-seek game type where the only thing you can do is wait to be killed.

Prop Hunt needs to go for the same reason. Same exact game type minus the Mantises. And since the hiders are invisible, it makes things that much harder since they don't even have to jump into the vehicles to make themselves look like part of the terrain. Could be made a little more fun, though, if you could actually run over the seekers.

Skee Ball needs to go. I don't even think an explanation is needed for that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's played it would agree (could be wrong, though). But, simply put, pick up ball, throw ball, hope it goes in a hole. Rinse and repeat for what, 4 minutes?

Mongoose Sumo... If it weren't for the fact that it's the only semi-reliable way to get the Mongoose Destroyer commendation (when Castle Wars isn't around), I would not shed a tear to see this go. Actually, the Mongoose Destroyer commendation is likely the only reason it's still in rotation.

Battle Golf... This game type's success relies solely on your teammates' willingness to play the objective and not kill each other, be it intentional or not. In my personal experience with it, that happens far less often than I would like. And that makes the game type frustrating. I would not shed a tear if this were removed.

The rest of the game types are decent. Husky Raid, in particular, is the best of the bunch. And naturally, since it is the best game type in Action Sack, it shows up far less than anything else. This is the real pain of playing Action Sack; suffering through all those less-than-fun game types multiple times trying to play Husky Raid one time. The one suggestion I would have for Husky Raid, though, is to remove one of the Beam Rifles. Don't really need the Beam Rifle and its H2 counterpart. Would help lessen sniper standoff situations if there's one less sniper rifle everyone can spawn with.
Immediate improvement of Action Sack, in my humble opinion, could be achieved with the removal of a few games.

Minotaurs needs to be removed. A slow hide-and-seek game type where the only thing you can do is wait to be killed.

Prop Hunt needs to go for the same reason. Same exact game type minus the Mantises. And since the hiders are invisible, it makes things that much harder since they don't even have to jump into the vehicles to make themselves look like part of the terrain. Could be made a little more fun, though, if you could actually run over the seekers.

Skee Ball needs to go. I don't even think an explanation is needed for that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's played it would agree (could be wrong, though). But, simply put, pick up ball, throw ball, hope it goes in a hole. Rinse and repeat for what, 4 minutes?

Mongoose Sumo... If it weren't for the fact that it's the only semi-reliable way to get the Mongoose Destroyer commendation (when Castle Wars isn't around), I would not shed a tear to see this go. Actually, the Mongoose Destroyer commendation is likely the only reason it's still in rotation.

Battle Golf... This game type's success relies solely on your teammates' willingness to play the objective and not kill each other, be it intentional or not. In my personal experience with it, that happens far less often than I would like. And that makes the game type frustrating. I would not shed a tear if this were removed.

The rest of the game types are decent. Husky Raid, in particular, is the best of the bunch. And naturally, since it is the best game type in Action Sack, it shows up far less than anything else. This is the real pain of playing Action Sack; suffering through all those less-than-fun game types multiple times trying to play Husky Raid one time. The one suggestion I would have for Husky Raid, though, is to remove one of the Beam Rifles. Don't really need the Beam Rifle and its H2 counterpart. Would help lessen sniper standoff situations if there's one less sniper rifle everyone can spawn with.
I would have to agree.

Skee Ball needs to go. How is it still even in?

That mini-game is such a waste of time!

It's not even fun!
Please get rid of Skeeball and Prop Hunt. They are legitimately the worst game types I have ever played in Halo. I get the point of having non-traditional games in Action Sack (which is what makes all the other ones fun), but confining players to a box (Skeeball) or asking them to run around firing aimlessly in a makeshift version of hide-and-seek (Prop Hunt) is not fun.
Wish that Sumo, Minotaurs, Prop Hunt, and especially Skeeball would just go away.
Mongoose Sumo is the only way to complete Mongoose Destroyer. Leave it in there.
All King of the hill game types should be added into the Team Arena ranked playlist (and the regular slayer matches in that playlist removed). Team Arena should be entirely objective based. Similarly, Riftball should be added to a Grifball playlist.
Husky Raid is the best game mode currently in the rotation. I have a Husky Raid variant map in my files that could be added...
Someone already mentioned a Sumo Pit match. I built one as a FFA that works well and always get a full lobby when playing it in Customs.
Duck Hunt is awesome, but I feel it needs at least 12 players.
Prop Hunt would be fun if it wasn't changed for the Action Sack playlist. Make two hunters and allow the hiders to respawn as additional hunters when killed. No one should be left on the sidelines waiting for a round to end.
PLEASE remove Minotaurs, Snowball Fight, Paintball, Battlegolf and Skeeball.
iviUi2D3i2 wrote:
Wish that Sumo, Minotaurs, Prop Hunt, and especially Skeeball would just go away.
I enjoy sumo but I agree with the rest of what needs to go away
Mongoose Sumo is the only way to complete Mongoose Destroyer.
Thats not true. Our company has destroyed so many mongooseees via BTB and WZ. We've never relied on Action Sack Sumo for our Commendations. Just started our company toward end of last year and already about to finish all kill comms.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 16