2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
I haven't played all the modes, but prop hunt and rift ball are fun. Prop hunt is confusing at first tho, and can drag a bit. Rift ball is a nice spin on griff ball imo.

Golf I did not enjoy much. Snowball fight was brilliant! Mongoose sumo is probably my favourite
Add more to it.
I personally love to play action sack when i get tired of the traditional Slayer, or Warzone. Action sack has Mongoose Sumo, prop hunt, snowball fight, and more, the only problem is the capture the zones gamemode. In my opinion i'd remove this mode so its only the traditional "Mini Games" instead of a King of the Hill 2.0
zQrow wrote:
I personally love to play action sack when i get tired of the traditional Slayer, or Warzone. Action sack has Mongoose Sumo, prop hunt, snowball fight, and more, the only problem is the capture the zones gamemode. In my opinion i'd remove this mode so its only the traditional "Mini Games" instead of a King of the Hill 2.0
I get your point regarding king of the hill vs minigames, but I actually think it works quite well. It would be excellent tho, to have an additional 'social playlist' with stuff like koth that seems to be in between minigames and arena games.
Snow ball fight is definitely a fun game mode but it is hard af. Oml its good practice though for people who want to get more stick grenade kills while moving!
I’m super depressed that I can’t find his husky raid or binary slayer after the most recent update:(- can someone help me?
Immediate improvement of Action Sack, in my humble opinion, could be achieved with the removal of a few games.

Minotaurs needs to be removed. A slow hide-and-seek game type where the only thing you can do is wait to be killed.

Prop Hunt needs to go for the same reason. Same exact game type minus the Mantises. And since the hiders are invisible, it makes things that much harder since they don't even have to jump into the vehicles to make themselves look like part of the terrain. Could be made a little more fun, though, if you could actually run over the seekers.

Skee Ball needs to go. I don't even think an explanation is needed for that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who's played it would agree (could be wrong, though). But, simply put, pick up ball, throw ball, hope it goes in a hole. Rinse and repeat for what, 4 minutes?

Mongoose Sumo... If it weren't for the fact that it's the only semi-reliable way to get the Mongoose Destroyer commendation (when Castle Wars isn't around), I would not shed a tear to see this go. Actually, the Mongoose Destroyer commendation is likely the only reason it's still in rotation.

Battle Golf... This game type's success relies solely on your teammates' willingness to play the objective and not kill each other, be it intentional or not. In my personal experience with it, that happens far less often than I would like. And that makes the game type frustrating. I would not shed a tear if this were removed.

The rest of the game types are decent. Husky Raid, in particular, is the best of the bunch. And naturally, since it is the best game type in Action Sack, it shows up far less than anything else. This is the real pain of playing Action Sack; suffering through all those less-than-fun game types multiple times trying to play Husky Raid one time. The one suggestion I would have for Husky Raid, though, is to remove one of the Beam Rifles. Don't really need the Beam Rifle and its H2 counterpart. Would help lessen sniper standoff situations if there's one less sniper rifle everyone can spawn with.
I agree!!!! Please give us more husky raid!!!!!!
Action Sack kind of sucks tbh. Bring back Holiday Fiesta, or change Super Fiesta so it has the same variety that Holiday Fiesta had.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't mind battle golf but can we not allow players to reset the ball with a button. To many players just being idiots and spamming the reset button
Warthog and Ghost racing needs to return. Diminishing Kings, Block Pit and Husky Raid are my favorite modes in Action Sack outside of the two race ones that were previously removed. Ground Pound, Snowball, Sumo, Mantis, Prop, Riftball and Battle Golf need to go.
Whos Blaze wrote:
Hey everyone!

We are looking for some feedback from all of the action sack players out there! Please use this thread to discuss what your favorite gamemodes in the playlist are and why, as well as what you think could be improved and experiences that you feel are missing from the line-up.

In case you haven't played in awhile, this is what modes the playlist currently has to offer.

• Paintball
  • Sumo
  • Groundpound arena
  • Mantis Breakout
  • Riftball
  • Minotaurs
  • Husky Raid
  • Battle Golf
  • Diminishing King
  • Crazy King
  • Snowball Fight
  • Prop Hunt
  • Skee Ball
As always, we appreciate your input!
Well, first off, I believe the game type rotation should have somewhat balanced weightings of base game types. With that being said, the current breakdown looks like this, along with my suggested changes to the playlist offerings (in bold italics):

• [Assault/Grifball]
  1. -Riftball: Keep as is
  2. -Add a 4v4 Assault variant, such as Ricochet, to fulfill the Assault base game mode role.
  • [Breakout]
  1. -Mantis Breakout: Remove this in favor of a different vehicle, such as Gungoose Breakout.
  2. -Paintball: Keep as is
  • [Capture the Flag]
  1. -Husky Raid: Extend the match timer by another couple minutes. Matches are extremely short.
  2. -Add Speed flag variant. First to 5. Flag at home to score is ON. Touch return is ON. Flag carrier is very fast.
  • [Infection]
  1. -Minotaurs: Keep as is
  2. -Add another Infection-based mode
  • [King of the Hill/Strongholds]
  1. -Crazy King: Remove this gametype
  2. -Diminishing King: Keep as is
  3. -Add in Low-Hill game mode. Team score is equal to lowest scoring player's score on team (requires everyone to hit a certain minimum of time in Hill to win).
  4. -Add in Fiesta-Hill game mode. Team Fiesta with a Crazy King Objective.
  • [Mini-Game]
  1. -Battle Golf: Keep as is
  2. -Mongoose Sumo: Remove this gametype
  3. -Prop Hunt: Keep as is
  4. -Skeeball: Have yet to even ever play this.
  • [Oddball]
  1. -None Currently
  2. -Add in Low-Ball game mode. Team score is equal to lowest scoring player's score on team (requires everyone to hit a certain minimum of time in Hill to win).
  3. -Add in Swat-Ball game mode. Team SWAT with an Oddball objective.
  • [Slayer]
  1. -Groundpound Arena (FFA): Keep as is
  2. -Snowball Fight (FFA): Keep as is
  3. -Add Team Slayer-based variant "Shotty Snipers"
  4. -Add Team Slayer-based variant with "glitched Forge weapons" on 1 map.
Edit 2: fixed formatting
Needs a good Multi-Team game.

4 teams of 2, Warlock, CTF, Shotguns only, 8 minutes, unlimited flag caps, no flag returns.

Trust me, that's a recipe for a good time!
I'm not a big fan of Minotaur and Skeeball but I feel that most of this would be fixed by adding a whole bunch of new modes and maps.
Action Sack needs a serious refresh, the playlist is plagued by boring and pointless game modes

The worst of the worst, remove these NOW:
  • Skee Ball: A useless game mode, even with boosts you will get less than 1300 XP and RP because the XP and RP system is largely influenced by the amount of kills one gets in a match, which makes it the least of any gamegmode in h5. There is no point in playing this boring game mode, and everybody knows it. In every skee ball game that I have played some one went AFK or quit before the game even starts. The lack of interest, let alone desire to play is a serious problem for Halo 5 which has a low population and guarantees SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS... thus the UNABLE TO FIND A MATCH message appers. Everyone hates this game mode and to make matters worse it is the most common game to find in this playlist.
  • Mongoose Sumo: Just like skeeball, no XP or RP, boring beyond belief, and every game someones AFK or quits before the start
*NOTE* I shouldn't have to say this, nevertheless I feel as though if 343 actually takes my advise, they will misconstrue what I'm saying. DO NOT try to increase the XP or RP gained from playing these games modes everyone hates Skeeball and Mongoose Sumo, there's nothing you guys can do to make us like them.

Mind numbingly boring unless with friends which screws over every solo player:
  • Snowball
  • Ground Pound Arena: comes up way too much in rotation
  • Prop Hunt: no one actually plays as a prop, so it becomes an unbearably boring game of cat and mouse, which then guarantees little xp or rp
  • Paint Ball
  • Minotaurs
  • Battle golf: betrayals are rampant, the golf club is incredibly inconsistent when it comes to damage, it only gets interesting at round 4 (camo) and 5 (rocks), and comes up way too much in rotation
Ok game mode:
  • Riftball: goes on for way too long reduce the points to 3 instead of 5, otherwise it just becomes a Slayer match
The best game modes, do not remove these:
  • Diminishing Kings: classic halo KoTH, & for; what's not to love
  • Husky Raid: LOVE IT! Only problem is that it's the hardest mode to find
  • Block Pit: classic Halo 3 map, KoTH, & fun
In my opinion ground pound can remain, for the rest i agree with you also, a lot of people think this
everyone hates ... Mongoose Sumo...
Not in agreeance here, but I'd certainly prefer to see it converted to FFA to help improve the experience.
Quote:
Mind numbingly boring unless with friends which screws over every solo player:
  • Ground Pound Arena: comes up way too much in rotation
  • Paint Ball
Not in agreeance here whatsoever. I find both to be quite enjoyable and I'm pretty much a solo player every time I play Action Sack.

For me personally, Ground Pound Arena gets selected about on par with most other modes. Sometimes I feel it doesn't appear enough.

As for Paintball, I'd like to see a secondary neutral objective added (Extraction) to help speed up end of round play, but otherwise I think it's a fantastic mode.
Quote:
  • Riftball: goes on for way too long reduce the points to 3 instead of 5, otherwise it just becomes a Slayer match
I'm down with the switch from 5 to 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My personal favorite Action Sack games in order from most favorite to least:

Husky Raid
Ground Pound Arena
Prop Hunt
Mantis Breakout
Sumo
Battle Golf

All other game types I kinda just drudge through. The recent Holiday Fiesta had some game types I'd LOVE to play in Action Sack on a regular basis. Like... Joust or Low Gravity Capture the flag. Just imagine a Hunsky Raid Varient with low gravoty. That would be AWESOME FUN to play
Going back through my bookmarked map/gametype combos, I'd like to suggest one more new combo I found randomly one day in the custom browser. HaloiC QtB's Knockout on Knockout. It's almost Spartan Sumo. Clamber and stabilize are disabled and melees have a bigger knockback. You need to pop each other off the map to get kills. Only problem I can see is that it usually ends up with a lot of accidental suicides.

PS. Wow all these Sumo haters coming out of the woodwork. Tragic.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16