1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok, in my opinion vehicles in this game are about right. I personally don't want to see games that are dominated by vehicles. Kills should be earnt, not guaranteed because you jump into a vehicle. Opinions?
Quote:
Kills should be earned, not guaranteed because you spawned with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades.
fix'd to show my answer.

vehicles since Halo Reach have been way too vulnerable to small-arms fire, and the fact that you can now span with anti-vehicle tools makes vehicles not have much of a purpose other than disposable transport.
Vehicles are just a little too fragile to small arms fire.

There are way too many vehicle stoppers on the map at any given time.
I feel vehicles are both too weak, and too easy to destroy considering the weapons players spawn with and find on the map.
I have no problem whatsoever with the current state of vehicles. Some people make it sound as if you can bring one down with three shots from a magnum. You can't. Some people make it sound as if you can bring one down with one plasma grenade. You can't. Unless it has already taken a lot of damage. I've hit one with back to back stickies (stationary, with just a gunner) and not only did it not blow up, but the guy got out and ran away. He ran the f**k away. Garbage.
They're fine.
If this were BF or CoD where you can spawn with something that destroys them in a single shot then they should be invulnerable to gunfire, but the closer we have is plasma pistol so they're fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Kills should be earned, not guaranteed because you spawned with a Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenades.
fix'd to show my answer.

vehicles since Halo Reach have been way too vulnerable to small-arms fire, and the fact that you can now span with anti-vehicle tools makes vehicles not have much of a purpose other than disposable transport.

I disagree, a good driver and gunner in a gausshog or rocket hog can do a lot of damage before they are wiped out. Same applies with the mantis and ghosts, maybe the banshee could be a bit tougher though.
Quote:
maybe the banshee could be a bit tougher though.
The banshee has extreme mobility and a one hit kill mortar. The only balancing factor is that it isn't tough.

Banshee has to be paper thin or it becomes stupidly abusable.
Quote:
I disagree, a good driver and gunner in a gausshog or rocket hog can do a lot of damage before they are wiped out. Same applies with the mantis and ghosts, maybe the banshee could be a bit tougher though.
there's the problem,
Vehicles have too many counters in H4, such that you need much more.. "skill" to use it effectively. Good players have realized that it is easier to do well on foot than it is in a vehicle.

Ghost is a major problem because its armor was heavily nerfed. i can take ghosts out with my assault rifle now, and that's a problem. Going for splatters is a bad idea, because you can very easily get stuck by a Plasma Grenade, and using guns only will get you shot at very quickly.

Mantis i find is a vehicle that is placed on the wrong maps. The way the mantis works and the way the maps function, leads the mantis to become very Defensive in nature, and if you try going on the offensive, you will get blown up very quickly

and yes, the banshee needs more armor.
Vehicles aren't more fragile than they need to be; I would actually say they're stronger than before, since they can sometimes take two or more grenades to blow up.

IMO, the problem is that you can choose to start with weapons such as the Plasma Pistol or Plasma Grenades, which can wreck vehicles up close. Then, since there are no maps with large, open spaces for vehicles to play in, vehicles are constantly in close range, so they are constantly getting blown up. I also think vehicles should be more resistant to long-range rifle fire, such as the DMR and LR.

As it is now, I prefer being on foot over being in a vehicle because I'm less likely to die.
The only vehicle I think is too fragile is the Warthog. It should blow up from 3 Plasmas not 2.
Quote:
Quote:
there's the problem,
Vehicles have too many counters in H4, such that you need much more.. "skill" to use it effectively. Good players have realized that it is easier to do well on foot than it is in a vehicle.

Ghost is a major problem because its armor was heavily nerfed. i can take ghosts out with my assault rifle now, and that's a problem. Going for splatters is a bad idea, because you can very easily get stuck by a Plasma Grenade, and using guns only will get you shot at very quickly.

Mantis i find is a vehicle that is placed on the wrong maps. The way the mantis works and the way the maps function, leads the mantis to become very Defensive in nature, and if you try going on the offensive, you will get blown up very quickly

and yes, the banshee needs more armor.

Though I agree that the ghost is fragile, I think speed is its greatest asset. As for the mantis, well it gets destroyed quickly if the driver acts like they are invincible, and well they should. The mantis can utilise cover and still be offensive. ( exile being the exception ) I think it is quite effective as long as it gets ground support.
Kills with vehicles should require tactics, and teamwork. Otherwise the game would become vehicle dominated.
Quote:
Kills with vehicles should require tactics, and teamwork. Otherwise the game would become vehicle dominated.
Killing the vehicles should require tactics as well, otherwise the game will become Infantry Dominated
Quote:
Quote:
Killing the vehicles should require tactics as well, otherwise the game will become Infantry Dominated
I'm sure that there's numerous people who have got kill frenzies and better in the gausshog, rocket hog etc. For the loss of the driver and gunner, losing 2 lives sounds like a fair trade to me.
The vehicles are too week in this game too. Add to having so many easy ways to kill vehicles...
Ok, I seem to be the odd one out here. But to my way of thinking, a vehicle is a form of weapons, just like a br, dmr, etc. You shouldn't be guaranteed multiple kills because you choose to use a br, you have to earn them kills.
Quite often I have seen games on btis where one team has gained control of all the vehicles. The result is a slaughter of the other team, until they manage to destroy the vehicles.
A good example is lockdown, on btis. Here you have 2 scorpions, 2 banshees, and 2 ghosts. If those vehicles were any tougher all the foot soldiers would just about need to stay in the buildings. Vehicles used properly usually yield multiple kills. They should be a form of weaponry, not a tool of domination.
Quote:
Ok, I seem to be the odd one out here. But to my way of thinking, a vehicle is a form of weapons, just like a br, dmr, etc. You shouldn't be guaranteed multiple kills because you choose to use a br, you have to earn them kills.
Quite often I have seen games on btis where one team has gained control of all the vehicles. The result is a slaughter of the other team, until they manage to destroy the vehicles.
A good example is lockdown, on btis. Here you have 2 scorpions, 2 banshees, and 2 ghosts. If those vehicles were any tougher all the foot soldiers would just about need to stay in the buildings. Vehicles used properly usually yield multiple kills. They should be a form of weaponry, not a tool of domination.
Vehicles should be compared to Utility and Power weapons, not loadout weapons

you can't Spawn in a warthog

yes, kills have to be earned, but it shouldn't have the hardest time GETTING those kills in the first place.

Getting kills with vehicles should be somewhat easier than with loadout weapons, provided that you don't drive like Kat did During Reach.

and it should require skill to take down the vehicle, they weren't added in to simply be blown up, and to give free points to the enemy team.

In all past halos, if your team was bad enough to let the enemy team get ALL the vehicles, then yes, you will be slaughtered, nothing new here.
Quote:
Quote:
Vehicles should be compared to Utility and Power weapons, not loadout weapons

you can't Spawn in a warthog

yes, kills have to be earned, but it shouldn't have the hardest time GETTING those kills in the first place.

Getting kills with vehicles should be somewhat easier than with loadout weapons, provided that you don't drive like Kat did During Reach.

and it should require skill to take down the vehicle, they weren't added in to simply be blown up, and to give free points to the enemy team.

In all past halos, if your team was bad enough to let the enemy team get ALL the vehicles, then yes, you will be slaughtered, nothing new here.
Imo vehicles should be somewhere between loadout and power weapons, which they are. And no, you can't spawn in a warthog, but in btis on vortex, ragnarok, etc. Your base has a fair variety of vehicles.
I shouldn't feel more effective on foot than in a vehicle, and in Halo 4, that is precisely how I feel. I feel this way because of the cramped map design and potentially every player on the enemy team having Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades.
Quote:
Imo vehicles should be somewhere between loadout and power weapons, which they are. And no, you can't spawn in a warthog, but in btis on vortex, ragnarok, etc. Your base has a fair variety of vehicles.
i like to compare most vehicles with a power weapon, my favorite example is the Rocket launcher compared to the Warthog.

-with both, using it with a high amount of skill should reward the user well.

-Using them with an average amount of skill, will reward the user better than with other weapons, but nothing spectacular.

-and finally, using it with zero presence in mind will hut yourself and your team.

with Rockets and High level skill, you can hit targets far away, or hit large groups and get many kills

with a Warthog driver with high skill, you can ambush larger vehicles and infantry, or provide heavy support to your teammates by running as a distraction and suppressing fire

with Rockets at an average level, simply shooting at the enemy near you will be much easier than using any loadout weapon.

as a driver at an average level, driving well and assisting your gunner can get your team a lot of points

with Rockets at a low level, one can easily shoot the floor or a wall by mistake, killing yourself, and giving the enemy a free rocket Launcher.

as a driver at a low level, driving for splatters, and not caring for your gunner or the vehicle's safety will get you and your gunner killed very fast, and give the enemy team two free points

etc.

also, i feel like the added amounts of unnecessary vehicles to Ragnarok and Vortex are simply to make up for the fact that vehicles are so weak.

Ragnarok has no need for a rocket hog, and Vortex doesn't need a Mantis, nor Guass hogs for each team

a simple machine gun hog, mongoose(s) and ghost(s) should provide plenty of use.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2