3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 25
Joshwooo wrote:
So I understand that people want certain maps revoked because in a high level match the maps are easily exploitable. However I propose that upon reaching diamond or above (someting like that) they simply be taken out of rotation. I don't know how possible that is but it's just a thought. Also why do people want the radar removed? It has been part of Halo from the beginning.
People want the new maps/gametypes removed only from Team Arena to make it match the HCS settings. And as for radar, again, people just want it removed from Team Arena, not every playlist. Competitive has been no radar since the beginning.
Please do not remove the new maps. Not everyone wants to be a pro player.
My only suggestion is changing the Plasma Caster on Truth. No one really picks it up. And putting a Sword there instead won't change anything. It has to be something worth the risk of being completely exposed.
Besides that, thanks 343.
I think on empire strongholds, a stronghold point at either tower or outside instead of the pit could be a cool thing to test out. that way os can still be in the pit and there can be more decisions on what's more important, the os or the stronghold. Also I think an awesome thing that could be implemented is a permanent social arena playlist, that way for the people who actually like overgrowth, riptide, torque, etc. they can still play those maps, and game types on those maps without having to worry about their rank. And a ranked HCS playlist would be awesome. That way people can play only the game modes they see in the tournaments that are being viewed, giving them a chance to be like the pros! As for weapon tweaking, I don't really want to put any input on that because it is unknown yet whether or not other weapons are getting nerfed or buffed. That alone could change how certain maps and game types play. Overall halo 5 is an amazing game, and the support that 343 is giving is absolutely incredible. Thank you guys for actually taking the time to listen to what the community has to say :)
I miss maps where there are 2 snipers like sanctuary from halo 2 and pit from halo 3. It was sooo epic to watch pros have sniping battles. Just an idea for your next map. Or maybe we could try it out on coliseum....like change dmrs with snipers and than change the sniper spawn to something else.

and of course the other thing is add a HWC playlist that only plays the gametypes/maps that were at HWC. which has been said tons here.
In Arena Torque needs the most fixing.
In Slayer: H2 BR swap with DMR, a much better and balanced location. Change the rockets into a railgun, as there are already hammers for close range people need something to counter that at close-long range without blowing themselves up.
In Strongholds: Eliminate the shotgun top mid and replace with overshield. And eliminate Camo (Camo + Hammer = OP. And serves little to no purpose on a open map like that.)
Deez wrote:
Hey everyone,
We're planning on updating all of the maps in Arena and are looking for your feedback during the process. Some possible examples of what we're thinking of doing could be: Swapping the rocket launcher and sniper rifle locations on Coliseum. Or moving the Overshield outside on Empire Strongholds. Even stronghold locations could be changed as well. Let us know what ideas and feedback you have on how the maps are currently playing and what you'd like to see changed.

I'll try to pop by and reply back to some of the feedback from time to time. Thanks.
Keep the rockets and sniper where they are at on Coliseum, rockets can change the tide and therefore should be in an area that's hard to fight over.
ToJaSki wrote:
I miss maps where there are 2 snipers like sanctuary from halo 2 and pit from halo 3. It was sooo epic to watch pros have sniping battles. Just an idea for your next map. Or maybe we could try it out on coliseum....like change dmrs with snipers and than change the sniper spawn to something else.

and of course the other thing is add a HWC playlist that only plays the gametypes/maps that were at HWC. which has been said tons here.
That's exactly what I've been saying for forever now. I could see coliseum being a good map for this to be implemented on. Sniper battles are always epic. I just wonder how the respawns for the snipers would work though. it'd be weird to see it operate like a shotgun only on certain maps, but I'm sure 343 would figure something out :)
Firstly, I think you guys should add some community BTB maps, here are some good ones: Labyrinth , Artemis , Scavenger , Fracture , Halvalla , Sandtrap , Station7 , and many more on forge hub.

Please make the forger's efforts worthwhile and include our maps. The community is a large part of halo.

Anyways, onto Arena maps.
The only thing that comes to mind is tweaking the spawning. I always seem to spawn in front of or behind the enemy in 40% of my spawns.
Il go through each map later today to see if I can come up with a more detailed list,
Coliseum - TS swap Rockets and Sniper. For CTF put a sniper in each cave so, and either keep rockets where they are or move them how 343 see fit. 2 snipers I think would have a more Pit feel and is worth a trying.
Eden - TS replace Hydra with Railgun or some other weapon. Strongholds place a power weapon in Tower side. Maybe a Sniper or Railgun.
Empire - Strongholds Move OS outside and move Pit Stronghold to Turbine like it was in Beta. Plasma Caster could be just replace for OS or another weapon and still place OS outside. But I really think Pit Stronghold and OS need moved outside.
Fathom - CTF keep how it is. Assault either get rid of it or at least make it so bomb can't spawn in treehouses.
Plaza - Keep everything the same for both TS and Strongholds if anything add a power weapon on tram side.
Regret - TS Keep the same. Add Strongholds to Regret like in the Beta and have a stronghold in the top of each base then one on top Car (Plasma Pistol Spawn).
Rig - Keep the same
Truth - Swap Sword with Plasma Castor, and Add TS Truth to the Map rotation with Sword top mid and Plasma Castor Car 1.
Also I feel like Torque, Riptide and maybe Overgrowth should be removed from Team Arena.
If you listen to all of these people, please only remove the radar from Team Arena, not all arena playlists. Slayer is perfectly fine with the radar.
In general, I would like to see the original H5 sandbox respected for Team Arena. It's supposed to be the competitive playlist, and I feel like adding things like hammers and even spankr rockets, disrupts that.

Torque

• This map has serious lighting issues, please lower the gamma and lens flare effects.
  • Remove hammers
  • Replace H2 Br is Carbine
  • Replace auto lifting pistons with shoot-to-lower pistons. Its too random as it is.
  • Allow a skill jump from yards to streets. As it is, when you fall anywhere in middle, you're out of play for too long.
  • Modify spawns for bomb and flag so you don't spawn all the way in the back of your base every time you die. Map is too big for 4v4 in current spawn setup.
  • Add Active camo to bottom mid.
Overgrowth

• Reduce or remove grenades from spawning on this map. It's far too small for all the nades that get dropped + spawn on map.
  • Active camo needs to be equidistant from opening spawns of both red and blue.
Riptide

• Remove Hydra
  • Replace Spankr with H5 rockets
  • Add another way into blue room other than blue bridge and long hall. That room gets camped on TS with beam. If not, exposive barrels will work.
  • Reduce Storm Riffles with SMG
  • Add one Storm Riffle to bottom middle
  • Camo should spawn Big door and remove OS
  • Only three powerups (beam, camo, and rockets)
Eden

• Move rockets to red nest. (same running distance and exposure as snipe to blue team)
  • Replace rockets with active camo
Regret
  • Replace Fuel rod with rockets
Plaza
  • Move camo spawn on Slayer a few feet closer to blue base on bridge (red usually gets it off start)
  • move Camo on Stronghold to Yard elevator. This will allow for team forced on yard spawn to break Nest/bottom Mid setup.

Fathom
  • Add camo back in bottom mid for Assault
  • Add plasma caster to top mid on Assault
Pegasus
  • REMOVE PEGASUS
  • If you don't remove, switch snipe and OS
Coliseum
  • Switch Snipe and Rockets
The Rig
  • Switch Caster and Snipe (Snipe and Camo Are too close and makes camping inside too easy on Slayer)
Truth
  • Change nothing
Make a Community Playlist with popular forge maps and custom gamemodes.
Deez wrote:
Hey everyone,
We're planning on updating all of the maps in Arena and are looking for your feedback during the process. Some possible examples of what we're thinking of doing could be: Swapping the rocket launcher and sniper rifle locations on Coliseum. Or moving the Overshield outside on Empire Strongholds. Even stronghold locations could be changed as well. Let us know what ideas and feedback you have on how the maps are currently playing and what you'd like to see changed.

I'll try to pop by and reply back to some of the feedback from time to time. Thanks.
Replace the Hydra on Deadlock with a Binary or Beam rifle.

Replace the Plasma Caster on Empire with Railgun

Replace the laser on Recurve with a Railgun

Add a Powerup to Coliseum on the cylinder in the Trench

Put Fuel Rod back on Riptide

Put Orion in rotation again, that map was great

Get rid of the Sun Flares that happen on multiple maps blinding you as you look across the map
Arbiter Court : fix spawn glitch. I died with all my mates during match start.
1. Definitely swap Rocket/ Sniper spawn on Coliseum. OR Raise Rocket side slightly to add more cover. (IF POSSIBLE)
- It's too easy to get Sniper and destroy Rocket side

2. Make power weapon spawn times 30 seconds longer, they come up way too fast.

3. Swap Sword and Plasma Caster spawn on Truth.

4. Move OS to top middle on Regret and replace Fuel Road with Rockets and move to bottom middle..

5. Fix spawns on Deadlock.

6. Put either OS or Camo at some central point on Torque, or take them both out.
- Powerups are supposed to be fought over, not given, regardless of each team getting one.

7. Radar needs to have a range increase or be removed. The current range is too small to see anyone coming with how fast players move in this game.

8. Lower amount of ammo in all Railguns on maps.

WILL EDIT IF I THINK OF MORE.
First off, thank you for being open to feedback! First thing I'm gonna do is add my voice to the people who are wanting to remove certain maps from the Team Arena playlist. Please remove Overgrowth, riptide and torque. In regards to additions, please consider adding community made competitive maps. I've played some amazing sanctuary and pit remakes that work in H5. I think the storm rifle and smg should spawn less frequently, and their should be less of them overall. Ok, now for changes to current game types.

Assault: please make the bomb actually explode. It is waaaaaay to easy to get multiple caps because in order to get the first cap, you probably gained control of the enemy base and therefore can keep control of their base.

Oddball? Please :)

Plaza strongholds: something more than shotgun should be put in plaza to help break set ups. Something that counterbalances camo. Perhaps an overshield spawn bottom glass and remove the shotgun? Other than that this is probably one of my favorite game types great job.

Empire: I think that shotgun should be removed and either camo or rockets should be added top tower. As well as moving os to caster spawn. This will cause a real question of priorities on opposite sides of the map.

Eden Strongholds: I think that red has too much of an advantage off start. Red is pretty much guaranteed rockets because of OS. Therefore, they can easily cap red nest and blue bend. In order to balance this out I would say blue team should have a way to stop the blue bend cap. Maybe by placing a sniper blue cat? I'm not sure if that would work(overshield, camo, snipe, and rockets might be overkill). Or another solution would be to just remove camo and put overshield top tower where shotgun spawns and keep rockets where they spawn.

Coliseum: I absolutely love this map. The two snipes idea is interesting, but I think it would be absolute destruction if a team got both snipes. Then again it would be similar to narrows <3. The one thing I think needs to change on here is that red cave is much easier to survive in then blue cave. Idk what can be done about that? Some forge trickery?

i can't think of anything else right now but, thanks again!
I think Pegasus needs a power weapon relocation. At start the red team has shorter distance to both the rocket and sniper rifle. But couldn't give a better place to put them. Maybe put the rocket in blue shelter area but not sure that will help a whole lot
Don't move the rockets on Coliseum! I won'r be able to Combat Evolved them any more! Also wouldn't sniper be too hard to get back to the base and have too much of a vantage over the map? And rockets would spawn in a way to convenient place, it would make that part of the map a no go zone.
2 snipers might make torque more fun. its a pretty long map with plenty of sniping allys. and would be a great map to just try it out on since its not in the hwc rotation. put them in the back of each base
Sqrrk wrote:
BTB maps with Active Camo on Objective gametypes spawn every 2 minutes which is pretty quick for a ~15 minute game

*Adding to this as ideas pop in my head

On BTB GUILLOTINE - Active camo spawning beside 'mid' stronghold isn't fair to a team stuck at Splaser Stronghold.
- Mid stronghold too close to Shotgun Stronghold.

On BTB BASIN - When playing CTF, Red side has flag home further from 'step up block' into top base area. Also Red side has tree blocking camo cave that ruins momentum jumping from lift

On BTB Antifreeze - Remove it? haha (not joking, please delete asap) The map is okay but just too small for BTB in all honesty.
Guillotine also needs to have the sniper moved. Teams tend to want to control the bottom part of the map because of sniper and mid stronghold because they are so close together. Not fair to the team spawning in the upper buildings.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 25