OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
Assault

Over the past few months, we’ve been gathering your feedback on Assault, and we’ve made a variety of changes to the game mode. If you'd like to read more about these changes, you can do so here. We’re looking for your input on these adjustments, so please hop into the Assault Preview Playlist, and provide feedback in this thread.

Thank you!
I think assault is pretty awesome so far but try to add another aspect to it so it's not just griff ball with guns. I also like that you have to hold the point to score because it requires your team to help.
GOOD JOB
Thank you for bringing it back.
Just an FYI, the URL in the blog post is broken - "Assault" has been spelled with three "s"s.
I personally do not like the gametype. That being said I can still see a lot of people who would enjoy it.
How about fix the constant 'fireteam changed, returned to pobby' error. Check your forums. It's a very common problem.
The worst game mode I have ever seen since I started playing video games.
needs something more interesting, its just griffball with guns, that occasionally boots you out of the lobby because "your fireteam has changed". But fun none the less.
Played 2-3 games so far and love it. Only thing i would say is to make it that everyone starts with 1 grenade instead of 2. And a bit less exposure in some maps like Truth since its a huge pain score in that map. Other than that the game is pretty good.
A few things to add to Assault to make it dynamic and different to that of CTF, Strongholds and Slayer.
  1. Bomb Detonation Time; The bomb detonation time in it's current state in the 'Assault Preview' playlist seems a lot better than when the game mode was initially launched, however will need further insight into this for further clarification.

2. Make the Bomb Throwable; In theory this would open up the amount of plays feasible to a ball carrier much like flag juggling in CTF. A ball 'throw & catch' between team mates could give the game mode a dynamic, fast paced edge to what would feel like a very sluggish and claustrophobic experience over time, where simply it becomes a Stronghold/CTF hyrbid rather than its own game mode and looses it entertainment quite quickly. Imagine a team that upon shield depletion quickly lobs it to another team mate to finish the detonation, would definitely increase the chance of survivability of bomb carriers and bring in a larger skill gap for the game mode.

Personal Notes: I have tested this out in custom games with some other Oceanic competitive players and found it to open up a lot more plays and give the game mode fresh life, however there was a issue about the distance the ball should be thrown, unfortunately I couldn't edit this feature to test the optimal distance. In my personal opinion, a solution to this problem could be to alter the throwing distance at it's current state giving it slightly less range, yet alter it to allow the distance travelled to be that of small increments between players, which would increase the skill gap between teams that communicate and know when to opt out and switch between carriers to finish the detonation.

3. Bomb can be Combat-Evolved of the Spawn Pad; In theory would be cool to see this small tidbit implemented as it could give some fresh life into initial map control.

4. Decrease Bomb Weight/Gravity; In theory I mean if a detonation is in proximity to a bomb on the ground it can roll further.

5. Make Game Mode Round-Based; In theory 'attack v defense' this would open up the amount of games for A-Symmetrical maps and would give the game mode different feeling to that of CTF or Strongholds.

Personal Notes: In my opinion if Assault was made into an attack/defend round-based game mode it could be implemented into Arena in the state of this:
    1. Attack (Blue) v Defense (Red) - 3 minutes
    2. Defense (Blue) v Attack (Red) - 3 minutes
    3. Attack (Blue) v Defense (Red) - 3 minutes
    4. Defense (Blue) v Attack (Red) - 3 minutes
    5. TIE BREAKER: 3-Minute Nuetral Bomb OR 2 Extra rounds of 1.50 minutes which is basically rush the cap point...
    The rounds would be played out like so; the Attacking team to win a round must successfully plant the bomb in the enemy detonation zone, the Defenders to win must successful hold out for the duration of the round. There would be four rounds split into 3-minute intervals allowing the game to be of 12 minutes in total, and would give teams a chance to change tactics depending on the first round run through (much like how break out keeps your tactics on it's toes)... In the case of a 2-2 tie the game would go into a TIE BREAKER which would be just like Assault in it's current iteration and the first goal scored in a nuetral bomb, wins... ie golden goal... or perhaps the TIE BREAKER could be 1.50 minutes of fast paced rounds with each team getting one last round.

6. Dynamic Goal Changes; this suggestion goes hand-in-hand with the round-based one stated above, which would allow the tactics and flow of the map to change...the changing of the detonation zones would be worked out with the sets.

Personal Notes: Take 'The Rig' for example, the defenders will get the outside initial spawn (opposite of slayer, similar to strongholds) of which the detonation zone is spawned in basement in the first set of rounds, the bunker will spawn the Attacking Team and Bomb (which would always be at their initial spawn zone), the fights would occur frequently around Long Hall, Back Rail, Carbine, Yellow Corner etc... allocating a flow point of the map; whilst in the second set the detonation zone spawn on top Nest, causing flow to be in outside Court, Catwalk, White Hall, Junction, Engine One... these two highly congested areas of conflict that happen to be volatile location to plant the bomb would make hectic games, with changing tactics. It would definitely force teams and players to want to play differently and optimize their 3-minute time frames for slaying then planting. This would make the game mode completely new and different from anything we have previously seen in strongholds (spawn trap/setup) or slayer (spawn trap/set up) on The Rig.
everyone tries too hard in this playlist.
everyone tries too hard in this playlist.
I believe it is because there is currently no ranking system implemented as too implement the skill gap.
I would put assault as a gametype in BTB. I would also bring back arming the bomb/planting it so it could bring back that good Halo 3 feel. Maybe add the ability to have the ball in one hand while having a pistol in the other?
I love assault its awesome.
So far assault is a really fun gametype.... it can be fast paced and sometimes not, I like the ball spawns. Some of the maps should be taken out of the rotation over all this gametype is alot of fun. There should be a more creative thing in it... i feel like its missing something but I don't know that could just be me. Overall it's a really great gamemode it should be made ranked. Also make doubles a playlist and make it ranked please and thank you!
I am absolutely loving assault but I think the goal scoring area in coliseum is way to small and needs to be larger!! Thank you
This is a very well made arena game for halo
It feels like CTF, but holding it still for 4 seconds at the end. It's harder because of that, which some people will like. It'd be nice if it had some other aspect that made it unique though, like maybe you can throw it to other teammates? Not just throwing, only to other people. Just a thought.
Fakezi wrote:
So far assault is a really fun gametype.... it can be fast paced and sometimes not, I like the ball spawns. Some of the maps should be taken out of the rotation over all this gametype is alot of fun. There should be a more creative thing in it... i feel like its missing something but I don't know that could just be me. Overall it's a really great gamemode it should be made ranked. Also make doubles a playlist and make it ranked please and thank you!
Hey check out my post about new things to implement... maybe that is what Assault is missing. :)
It feels like CTF, but holding it still for 4 seconds at the end. It's harder because of that, which some people will like. It'd be nice if it had some other aspect that made it unique though, like maybe you can throw it to other teammates? Not just throwing, only to other people. Just a thought.
Dude check out my post above. :) Already stated this new things...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12