OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
First, i wish there was a downvote button here for some of these ideas....

Second, bomb is still a drawn out, stalemate gametype. It shouldn't be possible to play a game that ends in a 0:0 tie. Things need to change.

1) increase spawns to 10 seconds. 5 second slayer, 10 second obj has worked for halo for every game. why you insist on having it be 8 seconds for everything is beyond me....
2) Larger arm zones. When you decreased the time to arm a bomb (good!) you also made the arm zones smaller (??), essentially negating the fact that it takes 2 less seconds to arm the bomb. make them bigger with SLIGHTLY more cover.
3) It should take time to disarm the bomb when the enemy picks it up. How fast it takes to arm the bomb, should be how long it takes to disarm it.
4) The bomb should kill everybody in the vicinity. A flash of sparkly light is very anti-climactic, and it doesn't "reset the map"

There have been changes made to the gametype that seem like they are changes just for the sake of change, not because they actually make the game better. Restore it to its original form and it will play better.
Doesn't work very well in H5 imo. Don't like it. Most people dodge the gametype.
not sure if its been suggested but maybe have the bomb carrier able to carry a pistol similar to a flag carrier in ctf. i would take away the one hit kill and extra boost and give the bomb guy a pistol.
I hate this gametype more than I've ever hated anything video game related. It does not play well for this game at all. Please put it in a social playlist or something if y'all love it so much, just please stop subjecting us to it in Team Arena.
This game type is so slow and long, it is definitely the most boring type. Just remove it. After weeks of playing it nothing I can think of will make it better.
The spawns are awful. Until they are fixed assault is not good, sorry.
This gametype just simply doesn't work. Syxnrgy has the perfect ideas to make it work. Other than that, no. Also. If Assault allows us to change the settings to play Oddball, why is Assault being forced upon us when Oddball would be a much more welcome addition to the Arena/HCS?
This gametype just simply doesn't work. Syxnrgy has the perfect ideas to make it work. Other than that, no. Also. If Assault allows us to change the settings to play Oddball, why is Assault being forced upon us when Oddball would be a much more welcome addition to the Arena/HCS?
Now after playing Assault, I tend to agree. Oddball would be more appropriate in ARENA either than or 'Search and Destroy' take on Assault, with altering teams.
Its still the lowest scoring game type. Sad that you can't fix oddball lmao, but you tried bomb season 1 and you didn't magically find the hiv vaccination by tweaking settings to a broken gametype. Overgrowth, riptide, tyrant are still aids. We are very vocal about all of this. Im sure you can see how many times ppl back out/quit/refuse to play these maps lol jesus stop -Yoinking!- the game. Take scatter off of regret. Sniper off strongholds Rig. Sword off Coli (MEGA Aids). Pls bring back extraction or keep working on building maps that are playable. Mercy looks promising but you still haven't come out with a functioning competitive map since launch pls be smart or remake pit/narrows.
While I'm at it there are too many weapons/grenades/easy ways to get kills that don't take much of an effort. In CS:GO (or any top tier competitive game) if Team A starts off better than Team B, Team A is rewarded with power weapons/powerups/map control and Team B is punished for their mistakes and must play smart and well to earn it back. Halo 5 does not punish players/teams for making bad plays as harshly as it should. Its better to make the wrong play fast, then the right play slow and that to me makes me sick. I've been around competitive halo for almost a decade now and the skill gap has never been so undefined. I get it, In order to get more of a fanbase and people playing this game 343 made all playlists and settings the same across only difference being obj for arena.

Imagine H5 with pistol only start. No automatic weapons. One frag start/Remove Pulse nades. Remove pretty much all Promethean weapons but keep the light rifle and nerf it a bit. H2 rockets gotta go and H5 rockets need to be nerfed (speed of the rockets be lowered a bit). These settings will yield more gun skill, and help with the crouching ar/storm rifle/epidemic thats dumbing the game down and making any average joe a threat.....Halo has the potential to be an esports giant, we have been a pillar in esports from the beginning, but we are kinda dead and are not close to League of Legends/CS:GO/Dota/COD (in terms of popularity and population). Let the skill gap widen and the game will be more enjoyable to play and more people will want to watch it. We want to see and want to play on settings and maps that yield talent/big plays/hype rather than helps average gamers come into the community and feel more comfy. No one wants to watch a kid hiding, holding crouch with his eyeballs glued to his radar waiting for a red dot on his screen on Main Stage playing for Millions of Dollars pleaseeeee for the love of Harambe listen to the community quit dropping ball (kid in the exhibit) and pulling the trigger.
SpenceRAWR wrote:
While I'm at it there are too many weapons/grenades/easy ways to get kills that don't take much of an effort. In CS:GO (or any top tier competitive game) if Team A starts off better than Team B, Team A is rewarded with power weapons/powerups/map control and Team B is punished for their mistakes and must play smart and well to earn it back. Halo 5 does not punish players/teams for making bad plays as harshly as it should. Its better to make the wrong play fast, then the right play slow and that to me makes me sick. I've been around competitive halo for almost a decade now and the skill gap has never been so undefined. I get it, In order to get more of a fanbase and people playing this game 343 made all playlists and settings the same across only difference being obj for arena.

Imagine H5 with pistol only start. No automatic weapons. One frag start/Remove Pulse nades. Remove pretty much all Promethean weapons but keep the light rifle and nerf it a bit. H2 rockets gotta go and H5 rockets need to be nerfed (speed of the rockets be lowered a bit). These settings will yield more gun skill, and help with the crouching ar/storm rifle/epidemic thats dumbing the game down and making any average joe a threat.....Halo has the potential to be an esports giant, we have been a pillar in esports from the beginning, but we are kinda dead and are not close to League of Legends/CS:GO/Dota/COD (in terms of popularity and population). Let the skill gap widen and the game will be more enjoyable to play and more people will want to watch it. We want to see and want to play on settings and maps that yield talent/big plays/hype rather than helps average gamers come into the community and feel more comfy. No one wants to watch a kid hiding, holding crouch with his eyeballs glued to his radar waiting for a red dot on his screen on Main Stage playing for Millions of Dollars pleaseeeee for the love of Harambe listen to the community quit dropping ball (kid in the exhibit) and pulling the trigger.
dude i totally agree. sucks qwhen im running games and we cant play because we keep getting assault and people dodge and they quit the build. assault on tyrant is trash. assault anything is trash. riptide slayer is good for slayer but keep it from arena... if anything they should look into some forge maps
Assault does not work in Halo 5. In any way. It is simply not fun to play. There is no "fix" for it. Pls bring extraction back.
The Limpo wrote:
Assault does not work in Halo 5. In any way. It is simply not fun to play. There is no "fix" for it. Pls bring extraction back.
It's one of my favourite arena gametypes and its so intense at times. I simply don't understand why people say there is no fix for it. They sound like morons without giving reasons
Because of Sprint and how fast paced Halo 5 is it does not work. No matter what you do with spawns and plant timer. It is simply not fun to play in higher ranks.
i want that return the halo4 game mode, when you took the ball and you could throw it through the map,it wasnt necessary to stay in the enemy base with the ball to win, you just threw it into the enemy base to get a point, i dont remember the game mode, it was like american football
Thak you 343 😆
I like it but will the playlists that were removed for it be brought back?
The time to revert the enemy scoring progress is way too long in my opinion
The time to revert the enemy scoring progress is way too long in my opinion
Estubo muy emocionante mi primera partida me la pase muy bien 😁
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12