OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
this game is too fast paced by itself with overly small but extremely vertical maps, this game has gotten away from what Halo used to be. With that being said, the spawns are too quick, the game itself is too quick. A spawn timer of 4 seconds would be nice. Also the radar needs to be increased because with Spartan charges, you barely have time to react. Not every game should be balls to the wall. Please don't follow call of duty
Love assault and to those that say it is griffball with guns griffbal was based on assault as assault was in HCE and griffbal did not come round till H3s foundry update. Now on to assault it's self the mode works fine love it on these maps stasis empire truth and colisium. What you must do for pro league compatibility 1 make the respawn time longer to 10 seconds and think where to spawn people example truth don't spawn people pink one spawn them in the CTF spawns as assault should force the same spawn control. 2 weapons colisium assault should have sniper rockets and the shotgun instead of scattershot empire spnkr launcher no smgs shotgun and OS tower two or outside. Stasis rockets top mid camo instead of OS on bottom mid keep shotgun and hydra truth sword top mid just like midship and the truth H5 beta camo pink one and remove the fulerod. 3 don't just stop with assault give us oddball as well I would love to see oddball rig stasis colisium plaza and moltin. Then give us a king of the hill mode with a rotating hill that moves around the map. At this point in Halo 5 it needs more competitive game modes to succeed as slayer flag and strongholds are boring now after so many months of just them we need variety and we need it now!
Bomb detonation time seems too fast actually...
I played assault, and I didn't really like it. There are so many problems with it. First of all, whenever the ball is dropped, people just throw it out of the map.... it's so annoying. Second of all, grenades don't work. I threw a plasma grenade at an enemy right in front of me but it didn't stick to him. Also, every time I join a game, its already started, and only a couple minutes away from ending. Basically, it needs more work.
We just want permanent snipers!
The ball arms way too fast. You can be almost at the base one minute and the enemy team has scored the next.

To be fair, I'd rather have the King of the Hill gametype over Assault. I'm eager to see the Rocket Race maps for that built by the community
Quote:
Over the past few months, we’ve been gathering your feedback on Assault, and we’ve made a variety of changes to the game mode. If you'd like to read more about these changes, you can do so here. We’re looking for your input on these adjustments, so please hop into the Assault Preview Playlist, and provide feedback in this thread.

Thank you!
It's a great new game mode really enjoyable 🔥🔥🔥
It's a great new game mode really enjoyable 🔥🔥🔥
  1. Round Based: I think this little tweak could make Assault feel a lot less like CTF. Downtime between rounds would allow players to have a fair chance at planning out their route each time. Team coordination can allow players to decide with one another where they will rush/where the enemy might rush/who should get the ball first/etc. CTF can remain as a frantic dash for the flag and a return to base and in game coordination, but Assault can be about planning and coordinating before the game begins. It also leaves a better "oh sh*t" effect when your base gets blown to smithereens.
  2. Make the bomb throwable: In CTF you can hold a Magnum with the flag. It's a unique idea that really spruced up the gametype and gave it a nice CTF signature. Why not do something similar to assault by allowing bomb carriers to throw the bomb? It would add some interesting potential plays into the mix, and nothing screams "Halo Assault" more than recklessly tossing about a massive explosive payload.
  3. Bring Assault to BTB: This just seems mutually beneficial to both the playlist and the gametype. I'm aware that this isn't exactly direct feedback to the assault preview itself, but while we're making changes I think it would be a great way to spruce up BTB (maybe more community maps that involve assault could be brought in).
  4. Attack/Defend Rounds: This might not exactly work on Arena maps, but attacking and defending has been a staple of assault that has made it stand out from other game types.
  5. Assault + Breakout Maps: Breakout maps seem like the perfect fit for Assault, especially if it becomes round based. They have clear, varied routes that are perfect for planning and coordinating. Imagine players thinking to themselves about what the best route would be to surprise the enemy and get the bomb first.
As of right now, Assault is pretty fun. I'm glad the arm time was changed, though it could probably be just a tad longer. Not as long as it used to be, but a tad longer. If anything, Assault's just missing a lot of the things that made it feel different from CTF. Assault has always been one of those gametypes where when you're explaining it to a friend in layman terms, you'd likely say "it's like CTF except you arm the flag in the opponents base". In reality, it was always different because of its signature characteristics—explosions, preround strategy, and a LOT of coordination. That said, I think the list above would do a lot to bring assault back to its roots while keeping it fresh, exciting, and unique.

Oh and while we're tampering with the ball gametype, could we someday perhaps get an official Oddball and Ricochet return? ;)
jyokley wrote:
  1. Round Based: I think this little tweak could make Assault feel a lot less like CTF. Downtime between rounds would allow players to have a fair chance at planning out their route each time. Team coordination can allow players to decide with one another where they will rush/where the enemy might rush/who should get the ball first/etc. CTF can remain as a frantic dash for the flag and a return to base and in game coordination, but Assault can be about planning and coordinating before the game begins. It also leaves a better "oh sh*t" effect when your base gets blown to smithereens.
  2. Make the bomb throwable: In CTF you can hold a Magnum with the flag. It's a unique idea that really spruced up the gametype and gave it a nice CTF signature. Why not do something similar to assault by allowing bomb carriers to throw the bomb? It would add some interesting potential plays into the mix, and nothing screams "Halo Assault" more than recklessly tossing about a massive explosive payload.
  3. Bring Assault to BTB: This just seems mutually beneficial to both the playlist and the gametype. I'm aware that this isn't exactly direct feedback to the assault preview itself, but while we're making changes I think it would be a great way to spruce up BTB (maybe more community maps that involve assault could be brought in).
  4. Attack/Defend Rounds: This might not exactly work on Arena maps, but attacking and defending has been a staple of assault that has made it stand out from other game types.
  5. Assault + Breakout Maps: Breakout maps seem like the perfect fit for Assault, especially if it becomes round based. They have clear, varied routes that are perfect for planning and coordinating. Imagine players thinking to themselves about what the best route would be to surprise the enemy and get the bomb first.
As of right now, Assault is pretty fun. I'm glad the arm time was changed, though it could probably be just a tad longer. Not as long as it used to be, but a tad longer. If anything, Assault's just missing a lot of the things that made it feel different from CTF. Assault has always been one of those gametypes where when you're explaining it to a friend in layman terms, you'd likely say "it's like CTF except you arm the flag in the opponents base". In reality, it was always different because of its signature characteristics—explosions, preround strategy, and a LOT of coordination. That said, I think the list above would do a lot to bring assault back to its roots while keeping it fresh, exciting, and unique.

Oh and while we're tampering with the ball gametype, could we someday perhaps get an official Oddball and Ricochet return? ;)
I definitely agree with your attack/defend round-based points but I believe it could be implemented into Arena in the state of this:
  1. Attack (Blue) v Defense (Red) - 3 minutes
  2. Defense (Blue) v Attack (Red) - 3 minutes
  3. Attack (Blue) v Defense (Red) - 3 minutes
  4. Defense (Blue) v Attack (Red) - 3 minutes
  5. TIE BREAKER: 3-Min Nuetral Bomb
The rounds would be played out as so the Attacking team to win a round must successfully plant the bomb in the enemy detonation zone, the Defenders to win must successful hold out for the duration of the round. There would be four rounds split into 3-minute intervals allowing the game to be of 12 minutes in total, and would give teams a chance to change tactics depending on the first round run throughs... In the case of a 2-2 tie the game would go into a TIE BREAKER which would be just like Assault in it's current iteration and the first goal scored wins...
I think this game mode is badass. It's like grifball with guns. I think it gives a very different combat style than any other mode, and it does make I agree, it does make it more difficult to hold it in their base for four seconds. But all together, well done 343.
I like the game mode, but I think the time it takes to score should be a little longer because even if me and my team our close there's absolutely no way to kill the ball carrier until he scores.
I've played 4 games, and every game I have played have taken around 3-5 minutes, which is to me a way to fast victory/defeat. I would like to defend the bomb before it's "explode", just like in Halo 3. The arming time is 5 seconds right now, the planting time can be 10 seconds and disarming time can be 4-6 seconds.

And the "explosion" is a bit too happy...Fireworks..And..Party sounds... I want to have a explosion, it doesn't have to be a real explosion that you can die of, it can be a holographic/digital explosion instead.

And it would be pretty cool to throw the ball/bomb as well, just like Lord AU said. But the throw length can be around the half distance of a grenade throw.
I really like how this gamemode is setup but it's like grifball but with guns. You should make the maps and teams larger so you could add in capture the flag or hardpoints. I'm not sure if the name assault is the way to go either. I really liked the preview though and all the gamemodes. especially warzone firefight. Good Job ;-)
It's not bad. It just feels like another kind of CTF. But still pretty fun! It gets the adrenaline flowing
A little disappointed. I'm glad you guys are including it but I have no better memories of halo than assault on Zanzibar (remake this map already!) with the old school assault attack and defend mode. Neutral ball to me is fine but Halo 5 as a whole is already so fast paced, let us old schoolers have some fun too. Include some attack and defend on medium sized maps. So fun. Oh and assault on ivory tower, attack and defend. It just works.
Its supposed to be an actual bomb for one. Two, the arm time is too quick.
First off, thanks for bringing the loved gamemode back, but I have a few ideas to add on to it. 1, when arming the "bomb", can you please make the timer a little longer, since some people could be across map and couldn't defend the player arming. 2, add something so it's not just a ball with guns. This is kinda sketchy, but AIs??? I don't know, but plz add something else. Other than those two, I really love playing the preview, and enjoy it a lot, so thank you for bringing this gamemode back! :D
The worst game mode I have ever seen since I started playing video games.
343 Industries: "Great feedback, we could use this solid insight you help make Assault better..." [/sarcasm]This information goes for anyone, but also take notes Di5TinCT GhOsT, 343 Industries cannot fix or find the source to any fans issues or problems with in the game unless your specific, be as specific as required... even more than required... everyone helps to narrow down the source and paint a solid picture to come up with a solution. Simply put don't write pointless comments like "It's bad...", "Halo is dead..." etc. Tell them why you believe your opinion and argument is valid. :) Communication is key...
Atamus wrote:
this game is too fast paced by itself with overly small but extremely vertical maps, this game has gotten away from what Halo used to be. With that being said, the spawns are too quick, the game itself is too quick. A spawn timer of 4 seconds would be nice. Also the radar needs to be increased because with Spartan charges, you barely have time to react. Not every game should be balls to the wall. Please don't follow call of duty
May I ask a personal question? When did you start playing Halo, like what was the first Halo game that you played... mine was Halo: Combat Evolved in 2001. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12