2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 42
Not the most experienced on H5, but I've played thousands of BTB matches altogether since H2. Here's what I've got so far:

1: Ranked Squad Battle
- 6v6. Will match 5v5.
- Primarily medium size maps with heavy/aerial vehicles added in sparingly.
- Mag/AR start.
- Plus up the amount of DMRs, Carbines and LRs. Sentinel Beams at bases. PPs at highly contested middle points.
- Limit hard vehicle counter weapons to the maps with more than one heavy/aerial vehicle.

I think this would be a good starting point for a competitive BTB setup. Less required players to get a game and to get a good team going. Heavy gunplay. Anti vehicle tactics that require coordination to take out a vehicle. Instead of coordination to take a weapon that can potentially yield multiple vehicle kills.

The goal should be to tweak every map to where a chain hog is balanced. That could mean something as soft as reducing ammo in DMRs, Carbines and LRs, or something as crazy as putting in a couple fast respawning overshields for a gunner to grab before a base run. If all else fails on a map then switch the hog to a rocket or gauss.

As a final note on this: All vehicles take situational awareness and good timing, but some require little more than that. Wraiths are clunky and awkward to fire, but can be devastating when used properly. Scorpions however, have neither of those problems, and more advantages. Banshees and Wasps are the same story. Heavy/aerial vehicles used in this playlist should be punishing to their targets as well as their operators. They shouldn't be forgiving of mistakes.

2: Social BTB
- 8v8. Will match 7v7.
- Heavies, Covies and Fiesta along with normal modes.
- Rotational, to keep it from permanently pulling the low/mid tier players out of Squad Battle.
- Experiment with other starting weapons. Obviously Covies would have Carbines. Maybe DMRs for Heavies. Stabilizer BR for normal modes. Etc.

Test stuff here. While keeping enough crazy fun game types in it so that people stay interested in BTB.

In closing, I definitely feel like the sense of what skill in 6v6/8v8 looks like has been lost by and large. But I hopes this helps. If nothing else to build off of for other, better ideas.
starting weapon AR only to stop people rushing to the enermy at the start of the match and less cross mapping. but change the loud outs for some games like it was in h3
the vehicles are too easy to kill and its always a ghost and a watahog. put ,ore heavy vehicles on maps like the tank and phaton and give them more room to move.
maps need to be more open and have a clear arar were vehicles are the best open like bloodgulch
gamemodes are too lobsided and add one flag ctf to the mix
Put more air vehicles. Period
in team arena and big team battles the vehicles need to be used early in these game modes i think it would be good for both game modes
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think to capture the true btb experience we need lots of vehicle focused maps.
There needs to be a 6 person party vehicle in which whatever you have on hand is useable.
there needs to be faster vehicle spawnings in btb and slayer
I would like to see you guys create a extra playlist without vechiles for a week and compare the numer base as compared to the normal one for the same week
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Deadlock: The switch that closes the blast window and door needs to be fixed. Currently, it works if you click it once, but it doesn't work after that. I'd also like to see alternating power weapons on the pads like it used to be, so one side has rockets and the other a railgun or whatever you think is best. I would also be open to trying a neutral camo or overshield.

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this. The door switches are one use per round for a reason; due to the double doors, players could become trapped in the lower pathway if the doors close while they are inside. On Deadlock the doors are actually a single 64 foot cylinder which would crush players.
On Deadlock the doors are actually a single 64 foot cylinder which would crush players.
Does that happen a lot? I hadn't thought of that so maybe it's something I'll use in the future if I know someone is in the tunnel, heh.
Larger maps would definitely be a plus along with an smg or ar for a primary
LUKEPOWA wrote:
On Deadlock the doors are actually a single 64 foot cylinder which would crush players.
Does that happen a lot? I hadn't thought of that so maybe it's something I'll use in the future if I know someone is in the tunnel, heh.
As per the original Halo 3 Standoff, the switches are set to deactivate once pressed. There are no scripts which reset their positions so it's impossible to use the location as a trap.
ZaedynFel wrote:
As some of you already know, we have been working on a Big Team Battle Refresh.

We're now at the point where it would be great to hear some feedback!

Please post your feedback, ideas, and wish list items in this thread and we'll read through them and see how they fit into what we're doing right now.

We're especially curious right now about:
  • Starting weapon ideas (though keep in mind we can't change the behavior of specific weapons)
  • Vehicle gameplay: How do you feel about the Warthog right now? Are there enough larger maps to really enjoy vehicles in general?
  • What about mode preferences?
Thanks in advance for your input!
The playlist it's awesome and a lot of fun!
Xdemption wrote:
Savieer wrote:
eLantern wrote:
Savieer wrote:
- Remove Scavenger
Why?

In my opinion, it's one of the very best BTB maps in Halo 5. And it pairs extremely well with the Strongholds mode.
Scavenger is one of the most non-sense maps I ever seen in my opinion. Spawns are randoms, there are some points of the map which present frame drops (especially if you go in Top mid). It’s not balanced and definitely not good for Strongholds.
Ah, I forgot another map to remove from the playlist: Viking. Why? Because it’s not adapted for a H5 gameplay and let’s don’t talk about warthog Gausses ... they should remove them if they want to keep Viking in the map rotation.
if there is such issues with the map, then you need to bring your feedback to the forger. Scavenger was tested more than any other btb map within that playlist from my experience. that forger went through hundreds of iterations until it was ready for MM. Your frustration might stem from the fact you need intimate knowledge of the map in order to succeed, but I will say anything can be improved. im sure if you asked the forger, he would listen.

first find the why, then create a conclusion. Just saying a map is bad without reasoning will be seen as nonsense.
I gave all my reasons to say the map is not actually that good and Idk who is the forger, but this map has a lot of frame drops and random spawns then the others.
Please stop with only standoff that map is bad and it seems to be the only map played
What do you mean? Out of your last 10 games, Deadlock (Standoff) you played exactly zero (0) times?
<p></p>
  1. I think the starting weapon should remain the pistol.
  2. The warthog is a wonderful tool when utilized properly but I wish they counted towards ground vehicle kills.. I use a lot of vehicles and just think that the main problem with the warthog is getting a good driver good gunner combo. There are a lot of weapons that can wipe you out really quick. Now really I would reduce the different kinds of hogs limit it to 4 tops/same with tanks.
  3. Regarding mode preference. I play a lot of warzone and when I'm getting spawn killed in our only base. I wish I had the option to keep my hard, work but allow in the re load screen for a respawn or forfeit. if half the fireteam forfeit because we are all getting spawn killed, majority rules the game ends. its just absolutely no fun to wait the last 5 minutes being massacred when half the team has quit and no hope of retaking any other bases.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ZaedynFel wrote:
As some of you already know, we have been working on a Big Team Battle Refresh.

We're now at the point where it would be great to hear some feedback!

Please post your feedback, ideas, and wish list items in this thread and we'll read through them and see how they fit into what we're doing right now.

We're especially curious right now about:
  • Starting weapon ideas (though keep in mind we can't change the behavior of specific weapons)
  • Vehicle gameplay: How do you feel about the Warthog right now? Are there enough larger maps to really enjoy vehicles in general?
  • What about mode preferences?
Thanks in advance for your input!
For now, BR starts seems to be a satisfying way to keep going. I would say that vehicle play is fantastic, maybe we could have a separate category for heavies in the future. and I would say that other than that, things seem to be sailing smooth!
This BTB Refresh is for H5 lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 42