3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 46
Pwner wrote:
It's sad when the 343 did the socail stream yesterday they litterally switched to big team fiesta afte TWO GAMES cuase it was boring and they disnt like it they ONLY whent back to btb refresh becuase a forger typed in their chat saying that it's very rude to not play them after all the time they put in. My point it even they didnt enjoy it
Lol this is absolutely not true at all.

Don't make things up please. :)
I was watching the stream good try tho
You may have been watching but I WAS the stream so I was there too lol. And you definitely don't speak for myself or Michael.

So once again, please refrain from making things up and making assumptions. Thanks.
Pwner wrote:
It's sad when the 343 did the socail stream yesterday they litterally switched to big team fiesta afte TWO GAMES cuase it was boring and they disnt like it they ONLY whent back to btb refresh becuase a forger typed in their chat saying that it's very rude to not play them after all the time they put in. My point it even they didnt enjoy it
You know that was all in good fun, right? They probably switched to mix things up, or play something that allows them to talk to the stream as well. Regardless of WHY it happened, I was simply poking fun at them with no ill will whatsoever, and everyone involved had a laugh about it.
Pwner wrote:
You know that was all in good fun, right? They probably switched to mix things up, or play something that allows them to talk to the stream as well. Regardless of WHY it happened, I was simply poking fun at them with no ill will whatsoever, and everyone involved had a laugh about it.
Nevertheless, they switched playlists. I thought it was hilarious too!
Pwner wrote:
Nevertheless, they switched playlists. I thought it was hilarious too!
🙄
Lol they did only play two games of regular btb, so sad. And don't say they did it to switch things up because every stream they play super fiesta. Every. Single. Stream. I don't understand why 343 feels like they need to child proof the game by letting the forgers reduce the ammo in the sniper, putting Shields on Traffic Jam to take away one of the only places to really use the sniper on that map, putting in way to many power weapons on dispelled, taking out Eagle Square, and replacing Deadlock with Dead Heat. It's obvious that the forgers and 343 employees are not competitive players. Sure they can make a decent looking map, but the way the map plays out is absolutely terrible. The only reason people are excited about the refresh because it's been over a year since anything new has been done to the game, especially btb. You just have to keep in mind that the people who stream and are active and that are in active Spartan companies that enjoy Halo are the people who keep this game alive, not the kids who get halo for Christmas, play it for two weeks then go play something else.These are not the people we should cater to...
Lol they did only play two games of regular btb, so sad. And don't say they did it to switch things up because every stream they play super fiesta.
I have no idea why I'm wasting my time defending myself since you guys can go watch VODs and see that this is patently false.

I like that everyone assumes they can speak for me and my guests on the Social Stream.

Knock it off.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Lol they did only play two games of regular btb, so sad. And don't say they did it to switch things up because every stream they play super fiesta. Every. Single. Stream. I don't understand why 343 feels like they need to child proof the game by letting the forgers reduce the ammo in the sniper, putting Shields on Traffic Jam to take away one of the only places to really use the sniper on that map, putting in way to many power weapons on dispelled, taking out Eagle Square, and replacing Deadlock with Dead Heat. It's obvious that the forgers and 343 employees are not competitive players. Sure they can make a decent looking map, but the way the map plays out is absolutely terrible. The only reason people are excited about the refresh because it's been over a year since anything new has been done to the game, especially btb. You just have to keep in mind that the people who stream and are active and that are in active Spartan companies that enjoy Halo are the people who keep this game alive, not the kids who get halo for Christmas, play it for two weeks then go play something else.These are not the people we should cater to...
This couldn’t be anymore accurate man. Point for point nailed it..... unfortunately it’s mostly people who are forgers or friends of forgers or 343 members with a subversion agenda on here that’s the worst part brother oh well we know what’s gonna happen to the playlist and most of these people defending the refresh wont be here in two months tops leaving the rest of the community worse than they found it’s all good tho just shows how much they could really care less unless it fits their specific non competitive nerf agenda. See all the BTB teams and competitive teams In REACH atleast they can’t mess that up. Thanks everyone:) hahaha
Yeah man, it's sad to see what this game was like in the beginning and look at what it is now. At least we'll have reach. That's where I'll be until infinite comes out. I just don't understand what halo 5 is anymore lol
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
As in if only people knew what went into this. Some pro players were hired by 343, some were mentioned in the btb community update, some were active in the testing, some have commented here. I’m declining the invitation openly. I’m one of many, I have gone through plenty of exactly what you are proposing. My 15 months and hundreds of hours of volunteer work is coming to an end... I know there are some fixes yet, but it’s time for me to just enjoy the game. And things couldn’t have been more transparent, sometimes it helps to walk up closer to the window to see more out of it. I don’t make the decisions pal. I can say everyone involved was a work horse. Feel free to try to speak to whomever you wish, I’m over getting the salt shaker cracked over my head for decisions that weren’t mine to make. I didn’t agree on everything, but I support they know what the overall community wanted. I’ll be enjoying the playlist.
So you send an invitation to the forgers and then proceed on to the next post to continue to throw shade towards them? Yea no wonder they don’t take your “constructive feedback” seriously. You’re only digging yourself into a corner to where what you say the forgers nor 343 will care to listen to what you have to say. Sorry but your feedback is no longer needed. So go wait for Reach... and whether you like it or not these forgers are going to be apart of Infinite regardless. Make a btb map, fix spawn points, add your SJBR, and show them how it’s done if it’s that simple. Stop with the negativity and move on and deal with it. Cuz you’re part of those same players who complain and still play btb lol.
This dude just gave me a helmet for the shaker to hit. Thanks!
Just because a map looks good, doesn't mean it plays good. Just because you forgers improve the maps doesn't mean that the game play of it will significantly play better and make people change their minds about it if the feel of the map is still there. I'm not taking anything away from you guys, you guys have definitely built astonishing maps. Rockets Hogs don't kill Banshees as easy as you players think, same for Scorpions. When you are playing a To8 of sweaty players that make you struggle and you kill a good Banshee pilot with a Scorpion please send me a clip.

There were tons of maps that should have stayed in rotation but got removed.

The BR is currently lacking in it's intended range still but to WORK your way around that, there's more precision weapons on the maps and that still isn't fixing the issue of inconsistency in starting weapons.

It has been a few days from my last quote and I haven't had a single person either from 343 Industries or Forging Community come talk to me and a group of players about the concerning issues of these maps in more detail.

Since most of you guys know it all and think that there aren't really many issues with some of these maps, I'll be watching the Refresh unless otherwise.

Hopefully it turns out well.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
eLantern wrote:
By the way, I wonder if there are any plans in the works to update the Halo 3 Classic Throwback playlist to include the 1-Flag mode for High Ground and Ghost Town?
Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, the Static Weapons scripts are incompatible with round based games. In round #2 and beyond each power weapon placement will spawn 4 of each weapon.
Sorry, scraped my response. Sent it as a PM instead.

On a side note, I'd like to voice my support for those who sunk in their time and effort into refreshing the playlist. Especially, those who did it of their own free accord; meaning, not 343i employees. Even if I don't agree with all of the decisions that were made I appreciate the hard work that was clearly put into this refresh. And I hope you don't mind me continuing to advocate for the changes that I believe should still be implemented.
eLantern wrote:
eLantern wrote:
By the way, I wonder if there are any plans in the works to update the Halo 3 Classic Throwback playlist to include the 1-Flag mode for High Ground and Ghost Town?
Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, the Static Weapons scripts are incompatible with round based games. In round #2 and beyond each power weapon placement will spawn 4 of each weapon.
Thanks for the response.

So the maps themselves would have to be fully overhauled w/ scripting in order to allow the 1-Flag mode work?

And I assume there's no plans, at least currently, to do that, right?
Luckily, i quoted you before you lost the post.

We would first have to overhaul the way Static Weapons are scripted. The scripters believe it's as simple as replacing the 'main 'brain' set on each map with scripts which are set up to place the weapons on a per-round basis, rather than a per-game basis. Then we would have to test for overlapping scripts and other anomalies. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the maps in the H3 Throwback Playlist. In order to update these maps 343i would need to set aside the resources required to do a full refresh cycle (as we did with BTB, and now Action Sack among others), where the maps would go through the full testing and recertification process. You are correct that there are no plans that i am aware of, but i would love the opportunity to make it happen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. ...
  9. 46